City Building World's 1st Football Stadium in the Metaverse

Eh? I’ve read all pages and i still havent got a clue whats going on?
metaverse - is this a new religion or cult.
Are we still going the games or not now?
My head hurts

I wonder which entity owns the rights. Can't be the TV channels. If a club can claim the bulk of the revenue from this, it will benefit the 'big' clubs.
Interesting question. On your screen you will see the game live from multiple angles. Will they use some images from the tv co? Will the tv co claim that we are broadcasting rights protected action?

Just think a stadium that could charge money for a virtual watch! Fans from around the world you could charge a fiver because those who have a virtual headset will have a bit of money I’d presume! Being there first also puts us at the top of the tree and the club thinking well into the future as in 10/20 years time.
You're right. Potentially er........Massive!

Eh? I’ve read all pages and i still havent got a clue whats going on?
metaverse - is this a new religion or cult.
Are we still going the games or not now?
My head hurts
It is very simple.
1. Sony build a virtual stadium
2. Fans buy a ticket on line for a match, probably a specified seat.
3. When they log in they will sit in the stadium and watch the match live from multiple angles, with added bells and whistles. The real thing just as though you were there or watching on tv. Special headset may not be required.
4. Whether they can go to a virtual bar or go for a virtual piss is to be decided.
5. Bring your own beer.
6. City 5 Rags 0.

If you can't get your head around it, this might help you?

Other ideas being explored involve fans meeting players in the metaverse, interacting with one another and purchasing products that are not available in real life.

“The whole point we could imagine of having a metaverse is you can recreate a game, you could watch the game live, you’re part of the action in a different way through different angles and you can fill the stadium as much as you want because it’s unlimited, it’s completely virtual,” Nuria Tarre, City Football Group’s chief marketing and fan engagement officer, tells i.

“But also you’re in control of what you want to be watching at that time. There’s not one broadcast point of view, you can look at it through any angle of the stadium. That’s the sky – the limit.”

Nuria is Chief Marketing Officer and joined the City Football Group in November 2015. Her role encompasses Retail, Fan Relationship Management (FRM), Brand and Research. Nuria joined CFG after 19 years of experience in the telecommunications, aviation and tourism and leisure industries. Her previous position was as CEO of the biggest ski resort in the Pyrenees, Grandvalira.

Fan Relationship Management (or FRM) is exactly what it sounds like, MANAGING the RELATIONSHIP with FANS. It is simply Customer Relationship Management, but in Football, so slightly different. Whilst fans are the most loyal of any ‘customer’ (not a word I like to overuse in Football), they are also the group that become disheartened the easiest when things around the club are not as they’d desire; so looking after them is pretty important and it is important to do it effectively.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.