City Circle

I was told by a pretty senior guy at the the club that they'd be sorted by Easter and if I had any questions to ring his personal number at the club.

Have recently left two messages and heard nothing.

I'm not sure if I'm angry about this or upset that my club feels it can keep fobbing us off this way. Doesn't help that someone took responsibility for it and is now ignoring me after saying I should ring him directly if I'd any queries. I really thought that City had more respect for their fans than this.

To be honest, I'm actually dreading the day these are fitted as it'll be not far short of three years since the people these were bought in memory of died. Not looking forward to having to ring their families and say 'Hi, remember me - I spoke to you two and a half years ago about a disc in memory of your child. Well hey guess what - it's finally ready to see now. And they're not next to the stadium like I said they'd be, they've put them at the foot of a bridge a few hundred yards away."

Thanks City, thanks for nothing.

shinpads said:
Had a phone call from city today about city circle. They apologised for the delay and explained that with all the building work going on that the delay was somewhat down to that. They did however say that very shortly they will be announcing the program of works and date of installation. So it shouldnt be long now. The phone call was in response to my email enquiry about city circle, which I thought was far better than a stock email.

Do you know how many times I've heard that over the last 2 years?

Ric said:
I contacted the club about this, and mentioned this thread (which they've been monitoring anyway). This is their official line:

The Club are fully committed to delivering this project. We are working closely with suppliers to finalise the schedule of works and installation timeline. All supporters that have purchased a City Circle disc will then be sent an update.

Cheers Ric and thanks for your efforts but our club have still left us none the wiser.

@MCFC

If you do have someone monitoring this thread, refunds all round as a gesture to those who've so far waited over 2 years for something to happen here AND complete the project, all be it the product that will hopefully delivered appears to look substantially different to the one sold.

#dotherightthing

Pelly Greeny said:
shinpads said:
Had a phone call from city today about city circle. They apologised for the delay and explained that with all the building work going on that the delay was somewhat down to that. They did however say that very shortly they will be announcing the program of works and date of installation. So it shouldnt be long now. The phone call was in response to my email enquiry about city circle, which I thought was far better than a stock email.

As many as me, but this time it was at least a human being on the phone.

shinpads said:
Pelly Greeny said:
shinpads said:

As many as me, but this time it was at least a human being on the phone.

That's what I meant - must have spoken to four different people now - last one is a pretty well respected employee at the club and not some temp they've bunged on the case to fend off the aggro!!

I was going to jack it in and demand a refund, as the scheme is now a complete joke/sham but thought against it as in a couple of years, being able to admit to having a disc in public may carry a similar degree of gravitas as saying "i was at York away".

The real issue is the club won't make a formal statement on it. Even if they said 'Hey suckers, we've got your cash and you'll have to wait another 2 years' then at least you'd be happy they acknowledge you exist and they've got a commitment to fulfill!

What we get however is nothing official, just the odd phonecall for those that persist in banging their heads on the wall.

I have given up communicating with the club reference this as I know it's like the proverbial phone ringing out in an empty office. In short, there is nobody running with this project at the club. I know this as if you read the full thread, I spoke about a year ago to the company in Birmingham who make the disks and they told me they no longer know who is their contact at the club because the original contact had left and nobody had taken ownership of the project.

Frankly it's a shambles that rates well above York away based on the fact that York away actually happened!

MaineRoadBlue said:
The real issue is the club won't make a formal statement on it. Even if they said 'Hey suckers, we've got your cash and you'll have to wait another 2 years' then at least you'd be happy they acknowledge you exist and they've got a commitment to fulfill!

What we get however is nothing official, just the odd phonecall for those that persist in banging their heads on the wall.

I have given up communicating with the club reference this as I know it's like the proverbial phone ringing out in an empty office. In short, there is nobody running with this project at the club. I know this as if you read the full thread, I spoke about a year ago to the company in Birmingham who make the disks and they told me they no longer know who is their contact at the club because the original contact had left and nobody had taken ownership of the project.

Frankly it's a shambles that rates well above York away based on the fact that York away actually happened!

Can I be the first to say I was at York away (with leve blues) and I am waiting for a disc for my late mother in law

Does that count as double Kudos or double stupidity?

The club have handled this whole thing appallingly and I haven't said that too often in the last few years.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.