City Circle

Corazondezaba said:
Pretty narked off on this too. All the family chipped in for one for my Dad's 50th birthday LAST MARCH and we've not seen a sign of it. To get an e-mail that a numb United fan could see through was insulting

Surely you're not suggesting that they overestimated demand? Just because the redesign drops the number of words from 92 to 2. They're getting new bookings every day don't you know?!

Just had a phonecall from City Circle representative at the club. They apologised for the delays and are currently phoning around anyone who has queried the project by emailing them directly.

In short, they are determined to release new drawings of the proposed plan inside the next month. After that planning for the new design will be sourced.

Once planning is sourced, the project should commence and will not be under threat of any further delay as works on the South Stand won't impact due to new planned location on Commonwealth Way.

The circle will be on the floor immediately before you step onto the bridge before starting your journey on the bridge over to the Academy.

After agreeing to wait for the new plans before deciding whether or not to cancel my order, I did suggest that plans like these shouldn't be marketed without proper thought to their feasibility both in terms of sales and other impacting factors such as expansion.

My final advice was that any plans for a City Triangle that might be getting considered as the next gimick should not dare emerge until we know the future of City Square and the final plans for City Circle!

Remember this?

16 months on from the point of purchase and still nothing confirmed. In fact its over 2 months since the girl in charge of the customer relations with this debacle personally rang me and assured me the design will be released at the beginning of February! Perhaps I was a little naive to assume that was February 14.

Anyway it's complete fuck ups like this scheme, and the bundles, and the seat for life, and the platinum scheme, and the viagogo sham that despite all the fundamentally good things that happen, continue to piss me off no end.

Clearly there are too many people being allowed free reign in doing whatever mad fuck concept they dream of the night before in their latest attempt to rip us off. Make no mistake, if this thing had subscribed fully then it would have been built. So low was the take up it, by the time planning and resign happens, it will cost the club money and won't be the cash cow that the moron who conceived it thought.

Wouldn't surprise me if the whole thing is shit canned and refunds given. I mean when was the last time you bought anything 16 months in advance and it still hasn't arrived.

In short, sort it out City.

Feel sorry for anyone committing to this but I just wish they'd STOP with the gimmicks and carry on with everything else fantastic they are doing. I might be in the minority here but I've never seen City fans buying in to anything that the club produces in the same way as those lot do over the road.

MaineRoadBlue said:
Clearly there are too many people being allowed free reign in doing whatever mad fuck concept they dream of the night before in their latest attempt to rip us off. Make no mistake, if this thing had subscribed fully then it would have been built. So low was the take up it, by the time planning and resign happens, it will cost the club money and won't be the cash cow that the moron who conceived it thought.

That's it in a nutshell: this was some daft easy money concept that the club came up with which most people were wise to.

It isn't the only one, of course: we are a commercial enterprise running at a huge loss. The club is trying to squeeze revenue in every corner of the club. It comes with the territory: I can't get angry with City for it. Although when they tie-in to match tickets (like the Platinum Scheme) then they are in danger of taking things too far.

Get your money back! They're not supplying you with the goods they advertised/sold - threaten with small claims court, they'll give you you're money back.

Didsbury Dave said:
MaineRoadBlue said:
Well here is today's email return from the City Circle Customer Complaints Team!

Hi xxxxxxxxx,

I am sorry to hear about your disappointment and what you are currently experience.si

It is our intentions to make sure our customers receive a high level of customer service at all times.

I can confirm that the City Circle is still commencing and we do have orders coming in on a daily basis, the project is the biggest project currently in the UK and can take time in scheduling the installation as we are having to work around several factors that are dependant on the installation.

Please keep track of the installation via your customer log in page, I can confirm that you have been included in the first phase and the 'status' of your disc on your log in page has changed to reflect this. We are currently working on detailed plans and looking to find the earliest window of opportunity for the first phase of the installation.

We will be in touch with you once we have a scheduled date of installation in the new year.

Should you have any queries or require any additional information please do not hesitate to contact me.

Many thanks for your support.

Kind regards,

City Circle Support Team 0161 850 1894

The fact they can't spell "dependent" doesn't bode well. Yes, there is a word "dependant" but it most certainly isn't the word he/she should have been using in this letter. Basics.

If you paid by credit card then contact your card provider for a refund. If a few customers do this then the club will have to act one way or another.

Brendan110_0 said:
Get your money back! They're not supplying you with the goods they advertised/sold - threaten with small claims court, they'll give you you're money back.

Didsbury Dave said:
MaineRoadBlue said:

That's it in a nutshell: this was some daft easy money concept that the club came up with which most people were wise to.

It isn't the only one, of course: we are a commercial enterprise running at a huge loss. The club is trying to squeeze revenue in every corner of the club. It comes with the territory: I can't get angry with City for it. Although when they tie-in to match tickets (like the Platinum Scheme) then they are in danger of taking things too far.

What's the issue with Platinum? Relatively speaking when you're paying £700 for season ticket, an extra £50 for double points is neither here nor there.

rick.mcfc.40145 said:
Didsbury Dave said:
MaineRoadBlue said:

What's the issue with Platinum? Relatively speaking when you're paying £700 for season ticket, an extra £50 for double points is neither here nor there.

I think you've missed the point. Being able to 'buy' loyalty is the issue for many. If you're not in that camp, that's your opinion. Please don't presume what £50 or the ethics of the situation is worth to others.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.