City Circle

rick.mcfc.40145 said:
Didsbury Dave said:
MaineRoadBlue said:
Clearly there are too many people being allowed free reign in doing whatever mad fuck concept they dream of the night before in their latest attempt to rip us off. Make no mistake, if this thing had subscribed fully then it would have been built. So low was the take up it, by the time planning and resign happens, it will cost the club money and won't be the cash cow that the moron who conceived it thought.

That's it in a nutshell: this was some daft easy money concept that the club came up with which most people were wise to.

It isn't the only one, of course: we are a commercial enterprise running at a huge loss. The club is trying to squeeze revenue in every corner of the club. It comes with the territory: I can't get angry with City for it. Although when they tie-in to match tickets (like the Platinum Scheme) then they are in danger of taking things too far.

What's the issue with Platinum? Relatively speaking when you're paying £700 for season ticket, an extra £50 for double points is neither here nor there.

It's neither here nor there for me either, but it is for some people. The point is that I don't mind city squeezing the fans for cash with gimmicks,because when all is said and done, people can buy whatever tat they want. But when it comes to ticket priority it's different and I don't think that long term home and away fans who are squeezed for money already should be forced to pay more use to keep abreast.

maybe the delay has something to do with the stadium expansion,academy or surrounding area plans? might be working it into the construction at the same time?

just had a cheque for my refund, i wasn't convinced that anything would come of all the fine promises, obviously well overestimated the appeal.

The in-laws(both rags) paid for one in memory of their son(a blue) who passed away a few years ago. They've heard nothing since they paid for it and every time they ring up to ask about it, they get passed onto a line for automated payments. To say they're a little pissed off is an understatement.
City have handled this really badly.

My lad bought me one for my 50th almost 12 months ago.

I was hoping to have a picture with the 'implant' on my 51st with hm but its looking like there's no chance of that happening by early May.

Even the basic disc is quite expensive and City need to realise that getting money off fans isn't the end of experience and that an end product would be nice.

It wouldn't do any harm as the take up seems to have been low to perhaps offer some form of compensation for not keeping to the location on the contract and delays. It wouldn't need to be that much as after all we're all on the same side.

I held back from buying because of the uncertainty but received the following reply today from the City Circle Team in response to my request for an update.

"The new iconic location of where the discs are going to be installed is a very safe location. At this moment in time we do not have discs available for you to purchase. If we do in the future the prices will remain the same and will not change. The discs are going to be installed near the commonwealth way near the footbridge. Details of the new location will be updated on our website shortly."

I asked them about the possibility of altering the wording on my disc due to the constant delays in the project, but unfortunately they have been completed and are due to be placed near the bridge in June/July of this year, according to the email response I received.

spiny said:
I held back from buying because of the uncertainty but received the following reply today from the City Circle Team in response to my request for an update.

"The new iconic location of where the discs are going to be installed is a very safe location. At this moment in time we do not have discs available for you to purchase. If we do in the future the prices will remain the same and will not change. The discs are going to be installed near the commonwealth way near the footbridge. Details of the new location will be updated on our website shortly."

"iconic" location.

PMSL!!!!!

Typical marketing bullshit. Utter fucking swizz.

I've got my replica at home and looking forward to seeing mine in situ at the Etihad campus, leaving my mark on the blues long after I'm gone. All good things come to those who wait.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.