City confirm Delph Interest

Blueboylewis09

Be a good signing this. Delph is a quality young player with loads of potential and has got a big future ahead of him in the game.

Mark Hughes has confirmed big-spending Manchester City are interested in Leeds United's England Under-21 starlet Fabian Delph.

The 19-year-old has been attracting Premier League interest this summer with Aston Villa and Everton reportedly having bids turned down.

Spurs boss Harry Redknapp recently revealed his admiration of the teenager and now Hughes has confirmed City have joined the party.

Interest

Hughes claims City are interested in Delph, although he stopped short of confirming the Eastlands outfit would be tabling a bid.

"We have an interest in the situation," stated Hughes following City's 1-1 draw with Barnsley. "He is a young player who has been brought to our attention.

"I'm not sure where we are up to with that because obviously I have been busy with the game today."

He would be on the bench if lucky. Money to burn, may as well buy him and loan him out, but he would not improve our squad right now.

Corky said:
He would be on the bench if lucky. Money to burn, may as well buy him and loan him out, but he would not improve our squad right now.

Disagree maye about not improving us. In the long term he will be great for us. I agree that loaning him out could be an option. The best bet would be buy him and let him stay on loan at Leeds for a year where he is already settled and to not disrupt his development.

Blueboylewis09 said:
Be a good signing this. Delph is a quality young player with loads of potential and has got a big future ahead of him in the game.

Mark Hughes has confirmed big-spending Manchester City are interested in Leeds United's England Under-21 starlet Fabian Delph.

The 19-year-old has been attracting Premier League interest this summer with Aston Villa and Everton reportedly having bids turned down.

Spurs boss Harry Redknapp recently revealed his admiration of the teenager and now Hughes has confirmed City have joined the party.

Interest

Hughes claims City are interested in Delph, although he stopped short of confirming the Eastlands outfit would be tabling a bid.

"We have an interest in the situation," stated Hughes following City's 1-1 draw with Barnsley. "He is a young player who has been brought to our attention.

"I'm not sure where we are up to with that because obviously I have been busy with the game today."

Oh no. If we sign him, expect another "City blew us out the water" rant.

I know there may be some City fans in Oldham, but why the sudden interest in Delph? Are we moving there? Bit godforsaken in t' wintertime.

As said, buy him, sign him on a long term contract and then let him stay at leeds for the coming season with a condition he can stay there for an extra season on top of that if they get promoted, as he'll need to be playing in the championship minimum by then. He's going to have to be prepared for a few seasons away from us if he were to come because as good a talent as he is, he's nowhere near our team atm.

ninjamonkey said:
As said, buy him, sign him on a long term contract and then let him stay at leeds for the coming season with a condition he can stay there for an extra season on top of that if they get promoted, as he'll need to be playing in the championship minimum by then. He's going to have to be prepared for a few seasons away from us if he were to come because as good a talent as he is, he's nowhere near our team atm.

i do sorta agree with you but how can we say hes not near out 1st team? hes playing at a higher standard than johnson and ireland and the other youngsters have played at until they broke through.

This lad is not afraid to let fly from 30 yards he's scored some crackers, we could of done with him today.

I thought Hughes needed to "Clear the path" For Weiss and the other kids in the academy. Let Delph progress at a team where he will get regular football. This kid is an immense talent and to be fair i wouldn't mind if we got him. Just think he needs regular football and it doesn't look like he will get it at City. I would rather we give Johnson a fair go after his injury troubles as i think he is one of England's biggest talents.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.