City fan, 63, attacked by Brugge fans | Invited to Etihad by club (p 27)

We have always been a great club - great fans, sense of humour, City in the Community and so on. However the sheer hatred of our club that the media has created clearly has an effect (just look at the behaviour of villa fans at Wembley the season before last). I can’t say that this unfair hatred of us caused this unprovoked attack, but it may well have been a factor. The media are utter cunts in the attitudes that are shaped by their utterly biased and unfair coverage. Please get well soon Guido; please fuck off under your stones media

Last edited:
We have always been a great club - great fans, sense of humour, City in the Community and do on. However the sheer hatred of our club that the media has created clearly has an effect (just look at the behaviour of villa fans at Wembley the season before last). I can’t say that this unfair hatred of caused this unprovoked attack, but it may well have been a factor. The media are utter cunts in the attitudes that are shaped by their utterly biased and unfair coverage. Please get well soon Guido; please fuck off under your stones media
Firstly please get well soon Guido. We are all praying for you !
That Villa game was strange. Every Villa fan I met was just angry and attacking our club, trying to reason with them was a waste of time. I absolute despise them because of that day!
Every clubs set of fans seemed to have jumped on board as well. Leicester fans were poisonous at Wembley as well. I know the novelty has worn off with City fans at Wembley but if we had the same turn outs like the the first few trips at the new Wembley against Villa it would have been bedlam.

That Villa game was strange. Every Villa fan I met was just angry and attacking our club, trying to reason with them was a waste of time. I absolute despise them because of that day!
Every clubs set of fans seemed to have jumped on board as well. Leicester fans were poisonous at Wembley as well. I know the novelty has worn off with City fans at Wembley but if we had the same turn outs like the the first few trips at the new Wembley against Villa it would have been bedlam.

You can definitely blame the media in this country for that. I realise this is the wrong thread for it but they have done a brilliant job of turning almost every other club against us.

Thoughts with Guido and his loved ones. Praying that he can recover from this.

Totally agree, the hatred that has been whipped up against our club has fueled do much of this nastiness. More than a decade of lies and negativity and so many gullible, nasty people believe it.. I will never forget how horrible 99% of Villa fans were at Wembley at that League Cup Final. Yes, I despise them too.

Last edited:
Jurgen,
From myself and every blue we hope your father recovers and is comfortable.
To hear of a senseless attack like this is beyond belief.
The perpetrators should be punished to the highest.
Jurgen,

We are thinking of you, your Dad abducted family, hoping and praying for his recovery.

Very best wishes mate.

We have always been a great club - great fans, sense of humour, City in the Community and do on. However the sheer hatred of our club that the media has created clearly has an effect (just look at the behaviour of villa fans at Wembley the season before last). I can’t say that this unfair hatred of caused this unprovoked attack, but it may well have been a factor. The media are utter cunts in the attitudes that are shaped by their utterly biased and unfair coverage. Please get well soon Guido; please fuck off under your stones media
City is now a big game for every club. That's a factor.

Another factor is very low policing. Authorities are skint. Last week I came out onto Ashton New Rd the same time as a group of young Burnley fans came out and were baiting blues about Mendy a sex offender. That group got beaten up. No Police at all.

I grew up really hating Man Utd but away from the football ground, you'd have to be a pyscho to have a go. But there are always pyschos. See the numbers who bottled City's team bus at Anfield and the problems City fans have there. Their fans hate us and it's fuelled by the media. I don't like their fans because they buy into it. Soft in the head.

I am struggling to copy and paste a message from the OSC and Jurgen. In summary:

There will be a flag in the City end at Brighton today in support of Guido.please help to unfurl the flag if yku

Jurgen has given an update on Guido’s health. The family are very grateful for the messages of support from Blues around the world. There are so many messages of support that they can’t reply to every one of them.

Guido is off the ventilator but has suffered brain damage. Today is going to be crucial for Guido’s health / recovery.

Jurgen highlights that although it was a Club Brugge fan(a) who committed the attack, it was Club fans who immediately notified the emergency services to give his Dad the chance of recovery.

It is clear that Jurgen doesn’t want there to be retribution at the home game against Club Brugge.

We, Blue Moon Belgium and the family, would like to thank everyone for the massive messages of support both in Belgium and far beyond. Impossible to read all (private) messages all, let alone reply. Please excuse us for this
Uncle Guido is no longer being respiratory but he sustained brain damage... The next hours / days will show how serious the consequences will be. His excellent physical condition helps his progress positively.
We now know he almost lost his life because of Club supporters, but we want to emphasize that it's like Club supporters who saved his life. These supporters immediately alerted the emergency services and didn't waste any precious time. We definitely can't thank you guys enough.
Sky blue, dark blue, black, purple, red,.... it doesn't matter. Respect that's all that matters.

Thoughts and prayers with you and your family, mate. What's happened to your uncle is a desperate reminder of how precious life is. There are very few words for the attacker(s). Am hoping with every fibre in my body that your uncle pulls through.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.