City fan, 63, attacked by Brugge fans | Invited to Etihad by club (p 27)

The "journalists" who have been demonising our club and fans for the last ten years should hang their heads in shame today after this disgusting attack.
I think that it is a fair point. Some people in the media have been vilifying our club and our fans relentlessly. Whipping up hatred and targeting us by trying to blame us for the alleged abuses carried out in our owner's place of origin. We have already seen this hatred played out at places like Liverpool where our fans and players have been attacked.
The hatred spread by some so called journalists has fuelled a toxic atmosphere in football. I am thinking of people like Matthew Syed who likened our supporters to sewer rats because by supporting City we were apparently supporting a dictatorship.
This incident in Belgium may have nothing to do with some of the despicable coverage we have had. I don't see the Belgian media. But I am willing to bet that the thugs could well have been spurred on by their hatred of so-called oil clubs.

Nout to do with journos. “Whipping up hate” - Jesus get a grip man.

Thugs gonna be thugs - simple as that.
Firm v firm fair enough, but who banjo’s an old man on his tod? I had several strangers comment on my City tattoo at Center Parcs with “Plastic oil cheat blah blah blah”. Its brainwashing of the feeble minded and it starts confrontation

Sorry if already mentioned but shades of Schalke a few years ago except that crime was perpetrated in the ground and was, if I remember correctly just one criminal nutter. As an older supporter I always feel a bit vulnerable to this sort of thing. Can't leg it like I used to, don't sense danger signs quite as well and definitely not as good at getting a dig in myself if in a position to defend myself, which this poor lad probably wasn't. As if the world hasn't been messed up enough this last couple of years. Jeez you get this shit for going to a game.

Nout to do with journos. “Whipping up hate” - Jesus get a grip man.

Thugs gonna be thugs - simple as that.
Correct. Linking this to the media is possibly the most pathetic form of attention seeking I've ever read on this site.

This sort of thing happens at/near countless football grounds, pubs, clubs etc every night all over the world. Always has done. As you say, thugs gonna be thugs. It's a societal problem that will probably never go away.

We only ever hear about incidents where someone is badly hurt. If Guido wasn't a City supporter we'd continue to be blissfully ignorant of his assault.

No-one deserves to be assaulted. I hope Guido makes a full recovery and continues to follow the Blues.

I’m absolutely disgusted and shocked by this completely disgraceful attack on one of our blue brothers.
Lets all hope Guido recovers quickly and fully from this bloody cowardly attack, and that the shithouses that attacked him get theirs !
Prayers for Guido & his family

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.