City fan coming to Manchester seeking your help

Folks, thanks so much for all your assistance, much appreciated, I really can't thank you enough, and every piece of advice I receive really builds the anticipation!
werenotreallyhere said:
Lastly I would half recommend going to Salford Quays on the tram where there is the Lowry Museum. There is a fantastic and prestigious sports stadium there called Old Trafford where they play cricket which I imagine you like as an Ozzy. Be careful though coz there is a lump of steel that stinks of sh1t nearby tht apparantly a load of arrogant bacon face worshipping tw@ts go to watch the Salford Swampers or something.....I think they are owned by Americans with no money.
Thanks to the tour schedule, my first stop will be that "lump of steel that stinks of shit" for the visit of Hull. Shall be interesting ... if Hull scores I'll have to do my best to sit on my hands and shut up!

aussie blake said:
Thanks so much for the answers guys, really helpful. I don't know where I'm sitting yet, it's part of a football tour we're doing and they handle the tickets, we also go to games at Anfield, Emirates, the Bridge and *gulp* Old Trafford, the latter being the first stop, and my first European football experience. I think we're stayng at Ramada Piccadilly wherever the hell that is. And as far as what I want to experience, all about the atmosphere. I'll always take poor comfort, poor beer and a cracking atmosphere over good comfort, good beer and poor atmosphere.

Thanks again folks.
So you're a City-supporting 23yo sports journalist from Australia... fuck sure you're not actually me?

You're doing the Fox Sports thing right?

Mate if you want atmosphere, I can get you the seat in 111 (singing section). But I've got someone using it two weeks later, so I need you to be vigilant in passing it on. PM for more details.

Mancs are good people mate, you'll have no problem. And the ladies love the accent... ;)

Yes, I'm a City-supporting 23-year-old sports journalist from Australia and to my knowledge I'm not you! I'll PM.

we were born in to being city fans whats your excuse? you insane? only messin. defo go mary ds and if i were you id get the 216 from piccadilly gardens to the ground. it takes about 10 minutes and only a quid. hope you enjoy your experience, dont catch anything while your at the swamp.

Blake, I'd suggest a trip to Rusholme after the game if you enjoy a curry. get down to Maine Road aswell, i'd suggest a taxi though...

Not trying to be funny mate, but how come you started supporting city if you live in australlia? Im glad you are, but just seems strange, i know i wouldent support city if i was in your shoes

My advice;

Get to Piccadilly gardens have a browse around manchester few drinks here and there, then usually at around 1 we go to the KRO bar, get the city bus which is right outside it at about 1:45, straight to Mary D's have a good sing song and a drink, go to the stadium 110/111 or 116/117 if you want the atmosphere,for warmth i suggest a few beers (a few more beers) a city scarf and singing

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.