City fan coming to Manchester seeking your help

Have a good one there is loads to do & se .We have a Curry Mile & China town .plus the GAY Village which loads of straights go to as you can get a late drink .(my excuse antway) contact Danny Wilson at the club & send a photo for the programme by the way it minus 3c at the moment .dont dare tell us the weather over there

Seeing a few have asked ...
sheephead23 said:
Not trying to be funny mate, but how come you started supporting city if you live in australlia? Im glad you are, but just seems strange, i know i wouldent support city if i was in your shoes
I get this question all the time. I don't really have a good reason. Most Aussies who like football pick a European team to support, usually from England, and for those of us who have no recent English heritage our selections can be a bit random. Some end up taking it more seriously than others. When I chose my team, everyone was picking Manchester United, which probably played a role in my decision (i.e. not wanting to take the soft option and going the opposite direction). It started as just checking results online (when we were in the lower divisions), and gradually developed into a passion and then an obsession.

aussie blake said:
Seeing a few have asked ...
sheephead23 said:
Not trying to be funny mate, but how come you started supporting city if you live in australlia? Im glad you are, but just seems strange, i know i wouldent support city if i was in your shoes
I get this question all the time. I don't really have a good reason. Most Aussies who like football pick a European team to support, usually from England, and for those of us who have no recent English heritage our selections can be a bit random. Some end up taking it more seriously than others. When I chose my team, everyone was picking Manchester United, which probably played a role in my decision (i.e. not wanting to take the soft option and going the opposite direction). It started as just checking results online (when we were in the lower divisions), and gradually developed into a passion and then an obsession.
So your doing the foxsports tour then? Bit overpriced for my liking and you have to go watch other games.
Im jealous anyway. Enjoy the trip.

bluemoon27 said:
if your coming to the game from town just get on the matchday buses which are outside wetherspoons,then you could go in mary d`s where you will always get a good singalong in the back room but must warn you the place is very overcrowded and the beer is shite but i stick to the bottled lager or cider,its more expensive but its better than drinking piss water
i quite like the draught beer in mary'd s it ain't bad at all

aussie blake said:
Hi everyone,

I'm a born and bred Australian who has been a City fan since I was about 11 (now 23), and I'm coming to Manchester for the first time to see a game in a month and a bit (home v Bolton Feb 9). Having only followed the team on TV and websites, and having never been to Manchester, I'm seeking whatever advice you can give me about how I can best enjoy and appreciate the City football exeprience. Basically what I'd like help with is ...

Where are the best spots to have a drink before and after the game?
What's the most enjoyable way to get to COMS (e.g. am I likely to bump into City fans singing on trains, buses, etc.?)
Is there anything you'd recommend seeing or doing in the ground before the game? Fanzines worth buying? Would it be worth doing the COMS tour on another day? etc.
Is there ever any trouble in or around the stadium, anything I need to avoid doing or anywhere to avoid going?
And as dumb as this sounds ... are there any secrets as far as staying warm at the game? I've never exeprienced a genuinely cold winter before!!

Words can't explain how excited I am to finally come to a game, seems like I've been waiting for this moment forever! Any advice would be very helpful and much appreciated. Thanks.
Welcome aboard mate hope you have a great first game.

Well...
Just stay in the City centre for a drink pal your bound to find a pub cramed with City fans or you can always pop in Mary D's which is a pub just behind the south stand when you get onto the main road.

If I was you I would do the City tour another day because your not not aloud in the changing rooms on match day tours which takes away one of, if not the best part of the tour. Me personally I like to get into the ground an hour before kick off & watch the build up because it adds to the experience. Make sure you get a programme we defo have the best in the Prem ;)

Hardly ever any trouble mate and espeshly not with Bolton so no worries there

As for staying warm just make sure you rap up loads as it is a concrete jungle at the end of the day and it does get freezing in there at times, bring a scarf, gloves etc aswell as 2 or 3 layers and you'll be fine my freind.

Enjoy the game ;)

Wrap up well, get the layers on.

Get either the 216 or 231 buses from Picadilly to right outside the ground, always full of City fans.

Mary D's is the perfect City pub.

The Match Day programme is an ok read, 3 quid. A couple of fans go round selling the King of the Kippax, but its always been a bit lacklustre whenever Ive read it.

For atmosphere, get in the South Stand, stood up all game and almost always singin'.

To get back to Picadilly, try and get the 216 at the front of the bus queue. You can also get some decent refreshments in the ground, but you could get ripped off a bit.

Enjoy the experience mate, Welcome to Manchester, ;)

Brilliantly timed question. I'm looking at coming over in March and this post has answered most of my questions. Look forward to catching up with you bluemooners in a few months. By the way OP, have a ball and your bound to get a laugh from Manchester...best humour there is.

Sorry for bumping up an old thread, but I just wanted to say a huge thank you to everyone who offered their advice to me. You have no idea how much help you've been so thanks to each and every one of you. I've secured two tickets for the Old Trafford leg of the Carling Cup and will also be going to the Bolton home game. Looking forward to joining all you loyal blues after more than a decade of waiting!

Sorry for bumping up an old thread, but I just wanted to say a huge thank you to everyone who offered their advice to me. You have no idea how much help you've been so thanks to each and every one of you. I've secured two tickets for the Old Trafford leg of the Carling Cup and will also be going to the Bolton home game. Looking forward to joining all you loyal blues after more than a decade of waiting!

Hey Blake....Hope ya Stubby Holders are OK....see everybody gave youthe same advice as me....

When you get back to Perth we will catch up mate in the City Supporters Club...with all the Tales from My Old City !!!

Listen, if you get the Chance go into the Royal Oak in Didsbury on a Friday Night, or after a game....even the swamp one...Ask for Whizzer & FF Jimmy..two of my very best friends back home........ They are sure to look after you, A great Pub full of Blues. Blues and More Blues.......

Tell them Nico Sent you, and you may either get a free beer.....or have to settle my old Tab...

If you need anything else bud, just e mail me again.

PS If anyone reading this from the Royal Oak - Please give my old mate Ralph a Tap on the shoulder, I am sure you know ho he is.

All the Best

Nico in Perth....formerly...Nico in the Oak !!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.