City fans are from...

LongsightM13 said:
Kinky by name said:
Another good Xavs lad; was that the sixth-form college or the whole thing from 11?
Just the sixth form, 86-88. My secondary school St Pius was just round the corner in Denison Road. The monks were still in charge, though, Brother Cyril and Brother Philip. Someone told me a while back they're not involved anymore?
Apparently City have been sending a lot of the academy boys there, SWP and Nedum among others.

Bloody hell; Brother Cyril (he was there when I started in 1972) along with Brothr Norbert, Sylvester and Plunkett - fantastic names!

Brother Cyril was a Blue, of course :)

Kinky by name said:
LongsightM13 said:
Just the sixth form, 86-88. My secondary school St Pius was just round the corner in Denison Road. The monks were still in charge, though, Brother Cyril and Brother Philip. Someone told me a while back they're not involved anymore?
Apparently City have been sending a lot of the academy boys there, SWP and Nedum among others.

Bloody hell; Brother Cyril (he was there when I started in 1972) along with Brothr Norbert, Sylvester and Plunkett - fantastic names!

Brother Cyril was a Blue, of course :)
I went there after St Joe,s think i stayed 1 day or was it a week...did not like it.. so they moved me to St Francis in Gorton..we had monks there..they belted you with the knot on the rope... Thought it was Pope Pius not St Pius..

LongsightM13 said:
Grew up in Longsight, St Robert's Primary and then St Pius and Xaverian College in Victoria Park. Four years in Bristol for uni, then spells working in various places including Gateshead, London, Derby, Bristol. Nowadays Burton on Tramp during the week, and can usually be found knocking around Ladybarn, Longsight or Heaton Moor at weekends. And Eastlands of course.

What part of Longsight ? Stanley Grove,Plymouth Grove,
http://manchesterhistory.net/longsight/tour.html/url] Have you seen this site?

The Future's Blue said:
I'm from Littlemoss High School, who wants a fight!
Never heard of it.
Xavs boys are already getting a 'firm' together on this thread, so watch out....
For my fellow Longsight lad, I believe the school was originally called Pope Pius X and then changed when he got canonised to St Pius X.
Loads of blues at that school. We literally had no grass to play on so after a few years. of slogging about Hough End and Merseybank, eventually when we played football against other schools, our home ground was the astro pitch at Platt Lane. Amazing for a young blue and as we had our games lessons and PE on there as well, we were unbeatable on the plastic, the Luton Town of the Manchester Schools League.

LongsightM13 said:
The Future's Blue said:
I'm from Littlemoss High School, who wants a fight!
Never heard of it.
Xavs boys are already getting a 'firm' together on this thread, so watch out....
For my fellow Longsight lad, I believe the school was originally called Pope Pius X and then changed when he got canonised to St Pius X.
Loads of blues at that school. We literally had no grass to play on so after a few years. of slogging about Hough End and Merseybank, eventually when we played football against other schools, our home ground was the astro pitch at Platt Lane. Amazing for a young blue and as we had our games lessons and PE on there as well, we were unbeatable on the plastic, the Luton Town of the Manchester Schools League.

So what part of Longsight you from do you remember the wagon & horses ? ? M/C 13 was our post code..? so it must be around Kirky lane....
op to pownalls...

Chicago... Home of the the Blues

Blues-Brothers_1660615c.jpg

Harpurhey M9, born Beech Mount Hospital, went to Alfred Street School.

postcodes-large-1.jpg

Longsight, just off Dickenson Road for my first 23 years, then spent a year living in Withington, Leicester since.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.