City fans at Liverpool

johnmc said:
The IRA no longer exist.

Why dont we sing "Hitler has only got one ball" whilst we are at it.

Thats the truth!
<a class="postlink" href="http://video.google.de/videoplay?docid=-1656481120276069801&ei=ZBqkSfbaMIagiQLnwviCAw&q=Hitler+nur+ein+ei&hl=de" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://video.google.de/videoplay?docid= ... n+ei&hl=de</a>

If someone needs a translation, PM me after I`ve stop laughing.

clp1000 said:
Didsbury Dave said:
For what it's worth with reference to someone's comment that City are a "proddy club" earlier in this thread.

The straw poll gave us 9 catholics and 8 protestants.

Then it was hijacked by the pompous and self important, who didn't believe it was a question which should be asked.

Protestants outnumber catholics by about 3:1 in this country (I assume Manchester is about the same, although the number of Irish immigrants may swing that figure a little)

Therefore the admittedly tiny straw poll shows we are in fact a club with a disproportionately large number of catholics!!!!!!!!

By the way, before any more of the pedants start on me, I am a resolute aethiest.

But, this has nothing to do with religion !!! And as already mentioned, only those who support(ed) the IRA should take offence. Surely all good Catholics should be against terrorism, same as any other walks of life !!

The slogan "No Surrender" actually dates back to the siege of Londonderry in 1689 when Irish and French armies tried to starve the British peope.

Well my history is not great but i believe you have your facts completely wrong regarding the siege of Derry. Was it not the catholic king james of englands army that lay siege, I dont believe the french had anything to do with it! But on the no surrender song, it is a loyalist song from northern Ireland, and it implies hatred of all things irish no matter what spin you put on it. And singing this at city games seems particularly stupid seen as our goal keeper, captain and player of the season are irish catholics. Would you take offense if all us Irish started singing no surrender to the british army (after bloody sunday and the actions of the black and tans in the early 20th century) technically that wouldnt be sectarian either. Some how I am sure you would because it would imply a hatred of all things British, would you agree?

Wow - i'm so glad i didnt have to grow up and live in a City that was affected SO badly by those feckin Irish Terrorists...

I dont think i could have coped with the "day in / day out" horror you guys have had to endure for so many years

oh, wait....

M35 Blue said:
Remember going to Norwich on a Friday night about 10 years ago and it seemed like every City fan was singing it as there was delays in getting there due to a bomb threat on the motorway caused by the IRA.

Some songs are out of order, personally dont see anything wrong with this one.
I agree
i think a few PC people on this site forget that everyone is entitled to their own view and should be able to act accordingly.

my memories of the ira are of a bunch of irish catholic cowards who planted bombs that killed women and children who were going going about their business and i for one think these songs are more than fine.
i would rather be classed as a bigot or racacist than aa as an apologist for murdering scum and i have no problems with city being classed as an anti ire club

football is tribal and it always has been if you don't like M*nich songs or racist or sectarian songs stop going.

whp.blue said:
M35 Blue said:
Remember going to Norwich on a Friday night about 10 years ago and it seemed like every City fan was singing it as there was delays in getting there due to a bomb threat on the motorway caused by the IRA.

I agree
i think a few PC people on this site forget that everyone is entitled to their own view and should be able to act accordingly.

my memories of the ira are of a bunch of irish catholic cowards who planted bombs that killed women and children who were going going about their business and i for one think these songs are more than fine.
i would rather be classed as a bigot or racacist than aa as an apologist for murdering scum and i have no problems with city being classed as an anti ire club

football is tribal and it always has been if you don't like M*nich songs or racist or sectarian songs stop going.

I look forward to hearing you sing songs about murdering UVF and UDA scum - who also killed innocent women and children - at the next away match, or shouldn't I hold my breath?

I'm certainly not going to be told to stop going by some clown who thinks racist chants are ok.

whp.blue said:
M35 Blue said:

I agree

So when do you sing anti- LVF, UDA, UVF and anti-Red Hand protector songs, only I'v never heard them at City.

whp.blue said:
M35 Blue said:

I agree

Why dont you wait for Given, Dunne and Ireland after training someday and call them irish catholic cowards, and tell them to fuck off because city is an anti-irish club, if your such a brave man

Citytillidie69 said:
whp.blue said:
M35 Blue said:

I agree

So when do you sing anti- LVF, UDA, UVF and anti-Red Hand protector songs, only I'v never heard them at City.

correct me if i'm wrong but the lvf, uvf, or the uda never bombed my
country or my city

my point is the ira did and i stand by my views they are murdering scum and just because someone gives them a job in politics it dosn't absolve them

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.