City fans at Liverpool

blue_paul said:
Didsbury Dave said:
barney10 said:
Nope still not see what relevance it has to City. If travel plans being interupted is the excuse lets target Sky, The FA, The whether... fuck it GOD !

It is an Englang song.

It, along with several others, is the England fan's equivalent of ****** songs - sung by the "hardcore".

But I don't really feel this song is offensive to anyone (apart from IRA members).

I agree it isn't really relevant to City, though, unless you buy into the alleged Orange Order/protestant links at City, which are tenous to say the least.

Loads of catholics, me included, follow City. I sit next to a priest who has followed us since the 50s.

As has been said on this thread, the notion of not surrendering to the IRA is not what people are conmplaining about, it's the fact that the song is the calling card of a notorious neo nazi movement called combat 18. Now, do you see why it shouldn't be sung?

That may well be the case, but not everyone knows that. I certainly didn't. I've already pointed out why I've sung it in the past and believe you me I have no time for C18.

By the same token, and I admit I'm playing Devil's Advocate here, is it not fair to assume that The Wolfe Tones are a pro-IRA band who hate all things British, and that anyone who has ever watched them, or listens to their songs is, by association, a supporter of the IRA?

M18CTID said:
blue_paul said:
Didsbury Dave said:
barney10 said:
Nope still not see what relevance it has to City. If travel plans being interupted is the excuse lets target Sky, The FA, The whether... fuck it GOD !

It is an Englang song.

It, along with several others, is the England fan's equivalent of ****** songs - sung by the "hardcore".

But I don't really feel this song is offensive to anyone (apart from IRA members).

I agree it isn't really relevant to City, though, unless you buy into the alleged Orange Order/protestant links at City, which are tenous to say the least.

Loads of catholics, me included, follow City. I sit next to a priest who has followed us since the 50s.

As has been said on this thread, the notion of not surrendering to the IRA is not what people are conmplaining about, it's the fact that the song is the calling card of a notorious neo nazi movement called combat 18. Now, do you see why it shouldn't be sung?

That may well be the case, but not everyone knows that. I certainly didn't. I've already pointed out why I've sung it in the past and believe you me I have no time for C18.

By the same token, is it not fair to assume that The Wolfe Tones are a pro-IRA band who hate all things British, and that anyone who has ever watched them, or listens to their songs is, by association, a supporter of the IRA?

I'm Irish and the people who listen to that rebel shite tend to be that way inclined. Of course, I can't speak for them all but they're just the carbon copy of ultra nationalist English types, embarrassing and stuck in the past.
There's plenty of great traditional Irish music that isn't about 'oooh aah up the ra', they're just as bad as the fucking idiots who sing neo nazi anthems at City, the stupid fucking thick cunts.
Now, i feel better after getting that offf my chest!

Didsbury Dave said:
I don't think we are a "proddy" club.

In fact I'm going to run a poll to see.

I dont actually see us as a "proddy" club either.

I think that the rags were seen as an Irish Club a long time ago which some people on here seem to think that makes them a Catholic Club - but that was a long time ago - and if we use that principle we could say they are now a predominantly a muslim/buddist/sikh etc club.

and as the rags were seen as an Irish club - and we being opposed to all things rag - some people may have seen us a Loyalist club.

[/quote]
I'm Irish and the people who listen to that rebel shite tend to be that way inclined. Of course, I can't speak for them all but they're just the carbon copy of ultra nationalist English types, embarrassing and stuck in the past.
There's plenty of great traditional Irish music that isn't about 'oooh aah up the ra', they're just as bad as the fucking idiots who sing neo nazi anthems at City, the stupid fucking thick *****.
Now, i feel better after getting that offf my chest![/quote]

PMSL! The explanantion I often hear from people who listen to their music is that it's all part of their culture and we shouldn't assume that those who are into the Wolfe Tones automatically hate the British. I tend to agree to an extent - I reckon it's just like the "No Surrender" lot - some of them but not all hate all things British. I can't say that they're all bigots because my ex had one of their videos of a concert they played in Kilburn - in fact when we split up she left a shed-load of videos at my house and it's still lurking around in the cupboard somewhere!

all I know is that when I stood on the Kippax there was always a fair amount of Dundee,Hearts and Rangers fans and a lot of City fans sang the Sash etc

Celtic fans supported Man U or latterly Liverpool
Rangers supported Chelsea or City

sweeping I know

There's plenty of great traditional Irish music that isn't about 'oooh aah up the ra', they're just as bad as the fucking idiots who sing neo nazi anthems at City, the stupid fucking thick *****.
Now, i feel better after getting that offf my chest![/quote]

PMSL! The explanantion I often hear from people who listen to their music is that it's all part of their culture and we shouldn't assume that those who are into the Wolfe Tones automatically hate the British. I tend to agree to an extent - I reckon it's just like the "No Surrender" lot - some of them but not all hate all things British. I can't say that they're all bigots because my ex had one of their videos of a concert they played in Kilburn - in fact when we split up she left a shed-load of videos at my house and it's still lurking around in the cupboard somewhere![/quote]

In fairness, I wasn't brought up in a family that was overtly nationalist, most people aren't and that's what some English people don't understand. Yes, people may have wanted a united Ireland and still do but until very recently, ireland was a very conservative country led by the church as much as any political party.
I know a lot of brits think that there's huge support for the provisional republican movement but that's simply not true. Gerry Adams once lost his seat in West belfast, that supposed hot bet of IRA support. Most just want to get on with their lives and shoot the f*cking bankers and politicians, the real enemy!!

aka blue jambo said:
all I know is that when I stood on the Kippax there was always a fair amount of Dundee,Hearts and Rangers fans and a lot of City fans sang the Sash etc

Celtic fans supported Man U or latterly Liverpool
Rangers supported Chelsea or City

sweeping I know

Yeah, but with Liverpool, religion doesnt really come into it, as Everton were founded by catholic money and is built around a Catholic Church - so evo's that bother with that sort of thing always claim they are the Catholic club and Liverpool are not.

But Once again this is very last century - RELIGION OR POLITICS HAS NO PLACE IN FOOTBALL

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.