City fans at Liverpool

Nothing wrong at all with singing No surrender to the IRA. They are murdering scum, pure and simple. Nothing against Catholicism per se', hundreds of thousands of loyal Irish Catholics fought and died for the British Empire.

whp.blue said:
Citytillidie69 said:
whp.blue said:
M35 Blue said:
Remember going to Norwich on a Friday night about 10 years ago and it seemed like every City fan was singing it as there was delays in getting there due to a bomb threat on the motorway caused by the IRA.

Some songs are out of order, personally dont see anything wrong with this one.
I agree
i think a few PC people on this site forget that everyone is entitled to their own view and should be able to act accordingly.

my memories of the ira are of a bunch of irish catholic cowards who planted bombs that killed women and children who were going going about their business and i for one think these songs are more than fine.
i would rather be classed as a bigot or racacist than aa as an apologist for murdering scum and i have no problems with city being classed as an anti ire club

football is tribal and it always has been if you don't like M*nich songs or racist or sectarian songs stop going.

So when do you sing anti- LVF, UDA, UVF and anti-Red Hand protector songs, only I'v never heard them at City.

correct me if i'm wrong but the lvf, uvf, or the uda never bombed my
country or my city

my point is the ira did and i stand by my views they are murdering scum and just because someone gives them a job in politics it dosn't absolve them

So that makes them okay then, the fact that they didnt bomb manchester? well that makes al-qaeda ok! Your original post implied a dislike for Irish people in general, you refered to the ira as a bunch of irish catholic cowards instead of a bunch of terroist cowards.

Nothing wrong at all with singing No surrender to the IRA. They are murdering scum, pure and simple. Nothing against Catholicism per se', hundreds of thousands of loyal Irish Catholics fought and died for the British Empire.

As my last post is now getting dragged around I would just like to state that I said I dont see anything wrong with it. I stick by this as I have always beleived that people should stand up to terrorists. IRA/Al Quieda whoever.
I am pissed off though as it seems that my post is getting dragged into an anti/pro Ireland argument. I dont like terrorists of any nationality and DOES NOT mean i dont like the people of that particular country. In this care Ireland, in fact a country and people I have a great amount of time for.

I am always amazed when this subject comes up all the irish catholics seem to state that they hate the ira as much as anyone but I have a big problem with that !

if everyone in ireland is so anti ira how the fuck did they operate for over 70 years without no ones backing ? funny though that everyone in ira areas seemed to be kept in check be parties other than the proper authorities

and I know this may upset a few people but if i honest the first thing that springs to mind when I hear this sort of crap is that is just like what all the germans said about the final solution we knew nothing and we did not know what was going on

funny really never met any irish who have actually has stood up and said fuck the english I supported the ira and what they were trying to achieve

and trust me i would have no quarms singing songs and standing against anyone who i feel attacks my rights as an englishman and unlike some pc poeple on here i don't take being called a nationalist as an insult

So that makes them okay then, the fact that they didnt bomb manchester? well that makes al-qaeda ok! Your original post implied a dislike for Irish people in general, you refered to the ira as a bunch of irish catholic cowards instead of a bunch of terroist cowards.[/quote]

not at all al-qaeda have in fact bombed england and yes i do think the ira are irish catholic and they are murdering cowards

why are you offended if city sing about the IRA

just like he ^ said

they are murdering terrorist cowards that bombed our city!

whp.blue said:
I am always amazed when this subject comes up all the irish catholics seem to state that they hate the ira as much as anyone but I have a big problem with that !

if everyone in ireland is so anti ira how the fuck did they operate for over 70 years without no ones backing ? funny though that everyone in ira areas seemed to be kept in check be parties other than the proper authorities

and I know this may upset a few people but if i honest the first thing that springs to mind when I hear this sort of crap is that is just like what all the germans said about the final solution we knew nothing and we did not know what was going on

funny really never met any irish who have actually has stood up and said fuck the english I supported the ira and what they were trying to achieve

and trust me i would have no quarms singing songs and standing against anyone who i feel attacks my rights as an englishman and unlike some pc poeple on here i don't take being called a nationalist as an insult

whp.blue, for the record I am an irish catholic, I can say this with all most certainity the majority of Irish people (in the republic anyway) did not support the IRA, most funding and suppory came from Irish Americans who really did not fully understand the facts. They saw the IRA as a just cause trying to end British occupation in Ireland. That is not to say that some people were very pro IRA but that was back in the 70s and 80s and times have changed now. Hatred has existed for too long between our two islands (going back nearly 800 years), do you not think it is time to move on and put songs like 'no surrender' to rest. As I said earlier how would you feel if a group of Irish stating singing 'no surrender to the british army' (they did wrong too you know). The fact is the past is the past, we shouldnt forget but we should move on.

chrisi said:
why are you offended if city sing about the IRA

just like he ^ said

they are murdering terrorist cowards that bombed our city!
What is the point in singing about the IRA at a football match?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.