City fans getting slaughtered on reddit for leaving Cutting Room Square a mess

Does it look great? No, of course not. As already pointed out, though, this is not unique to City fans. Ludicrous to suggest otherwise. A significant minority of people (from all sections of society) don't give a toss about where they dump their rubbish, even if there's plenty of rubbish bins around.
All the bins were full and overflowing.

It’s not the point. People just don’t have any respect for the environment they are in. It costs nothing. But the lazy, selfish, scrotes couldn’t give a fuck.
All the bins were full and overflowing. People aren’t going to carry empty bottles and cans around with them. At least all of the litter was centred on AS and not all over Ancoats.

4 police vans came flying down Ancoats Street with lights and sirens on and pulled up across from the square as we walked back into town after the trophy lift. Was there any trouble after the game or just GMP getting giddy?
I’ve seen that happen on regular basis when walking through Ancoats from Ducie Street. Playing at being tough guy policeman. A uniform can do strange things to people.

4 police vans came flying down Ancoats Street with lights and sirens on and pulled up across from the square as we walked back into town after the trophy lift. Was there any trouble after the game or just GMP getting giddy?
No trouble before or after the match whilst I was there. Maybe the Mibs showed. Up later on? Nothing reported about trouble.

All the bins were full and overflowing. People aren’t going to carry empty bottles and cans around with them. At least all of the litter was centred on AS and not all over Ancoats.

There you have it. As you say nobody is going to take all their empties and rubbish with them in the hope they will find an empty bin to put them in on the way home or wherever they are going on too. Maybe the council could have anticipated how busy it would be and put more temporary bins out? And/or hired a couple of cleaners, or liased with the bars in the area to help out.

City fans chanting heading towards the Etihad from Ancoats Square. ( I quite like this picture)

img]

What a fine bunch of handsome lads that is. Great picture!

My daughter has an Apartment overlooking the square. She said it was absolutely disgraceful how they trashed the place. Probably the same Neanderthal’s that tried to invade the pitch before the game was over yesterday. Blues or not, absolute pond life the lot of them.
As has been said already, the bins were overflowing and there was nowhere else to put empties. You’re not getting them into the ground, nor would you carry them in the hope of finding a bin down the canal. Leave it there and clean in one go.

Council had a heads up of the meet, so they should have had a clean team on hand earlier.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.