City fans in Sevilla

If anybody is still in town and can get to the O'Neills that was attacked, could you ask if my glasses have been handed in please? I think I left them in there yesterday afternoon, in a metal glasses case, I'll happily pay postage and get the finder a drink if anyone manages to get them for me!

Got back last night.

Turned out to be a cracking trip in the end. The signs weren't good on the first night (Monday). After the trouble in O'Neills which we were nowhere near they shut all the bars down in the old town around midnight and we had a near impossible task trying to find a bar that was open, walking round the town in a thunderstorm with police cars following us! Gave it up as a bad job and headed back to the hotel.

Tuesday morning we got up and headed over the river for something to eat - 2 of our 4 didn't have tickets and we heard they were selling them at the ground in their end so we jumped a taxi but by the time we got there they'd sold out. The touts had apparently been snapping them up in batches and were then asking stupid money for them - 300-450 Euros each. Not a chance any City fan was going to buy them at that price so we headed back to the old town. There then followed a series of near misses where spares had been available but we were too late. However, thanks to a huge amount of networking we managed to secure the first spare at around 5.30 outside O'Neills (cheers Rozzi - you're a legend mate). Now we just needed one more. We heard of a possible ticket that was available but had to wait for the guy to contact us. By about 7pm we were in a bar full of blues right outside the ground and it was jumping. Finally made contact with our ticket guy less than an hour before kick off. He was outside the away end so we walked round to meet him and sure enough he had a spare. A tremendous result and the match hadn't even kicked off! What followed was a cracking performance from the team and the atmosphere in the lower tier was bouncing throughout.

Seville is a beautiful city and I'll be heading back next year with the other half for sure.

All I can say is that despite suffering a hangover from hell it was one of the best City experiences I have ever had great fun and met some great people along the way

Brilliant trip, right up there with Porto and Salzburg.

Sevilla's a great city, and all the locals we encountered were very friendly. The riot police at the game less so, but that's par for the course these days.

Great city, great company, and a great result. Top trip as always from Spike.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.