City fans in Sevilla

Brilliant trip, right up there with Porto and Salzburg.

Sevilla's a great city, and all the locals we encountered were very friendly. The riot police at the game less so, but that's par for the course these days.

Great city, great company, and a great result. Top trip as always from Spike.

I was amazed that most of the waiters etc seemed to be Betis fans and we're all saying we would win 3/4-0

I was amazed that most of the waiters etc seemed to be Betis fans and we're all saying we would win 3/4-0

Ha, yeah Betis definitely seemed to be the team of the man in the street. Felt like virtually all bar staff, taxi drivers etc were Betis fans.

One thing I found utterly bizarre, was the lack of Sevilla fans we encountered, we must have asked about 30 different people around the city, from all walks of life, who they supported, we only encountered two Sevilla fans and one of them worked at the airport on our way home, every single other person were Real Betis supporters!

Ha, yeah Betis definitely seemed to be the team of the man in the street. Felt like virtually all bar staff, taxi drivers etc were Betis fans.
I used to work out there and definitely Betis are City and Seville the deluded glory hunting rags

One thing I found utterly bizarre, was the lack of Sevilla fans we encountered, we must have asked about 30 different people around the city, from all walks of life, who they supported, we only encountered two Sevilla fans and one of them worked at the airport on our way home, every single other person were Real Betis supporters!

It´s 50/50 really... Sevilla is uptown and Betis is downtown

I was at a Betis game in the 80's and was introduced to the Team Priest who told me that Betis were the working class team and Seville the big money team in the city. City were crap in those days but he remembered that we used to be a big team in the 60's and knew about us winning the European Cup Winners Cup and Bell and Franny Lee.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.