City fans in the Celtic end next week

I have lived and worked in Glasgow for a long time pal, there's a pathological hatred of the English. It's inbred.
I have lived here for over 10 years and never felt anything but welcome.
Such a friendly open minded city. Strangers will start a conversation with you all the time.
If you think there is a hatred towards the English I suggest it's a problem with you not your nationality.
If you act like a dick, you will be treated like a dick.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

I have lived here for over 10 years and never felt anything but welcome.
Such a friendly open minded city. Strangers will start a conversation with you all the time.
If you think there is a hatred towards the English I suggest it's a problem with you not your nationality.
If you act like a dick, you will be treated like a dick.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk
I think Braveheart was the worst thing to happen for that whole thing. It's quite an emotive piece as a film should be but obviously it's not the real story of William Wallace. Written by an American last name Wallace (no relation apparently) with Scottish descent. Says enough.

Unavoidably, people that watch it (Scots, English, Americans etc.) of course form false impressions of history and (if your not from the British isles) the relationship between the Scots and English. It could easily and unavoidably feed into certain Scottish and English perspectives too. I think a lot of Americans that have watched it genuinely think Scots are a completely different race of people that utterly hate the English. That's if they know what Scotland is.

Last edited:
Been living and working in Glasgow for 7 months great place reminds me of Manchester, friendly people great pubs,restaurants and love there football.

One of my abiding memories of my many visits to Glasgae, was in a pub in the centre ... one of the old Goose chain. Went to the toilets, which were upstairs. I saw an old guy, must have been late 70's at least, struggling up the stairs behind me. Being brought up to help my elders, I stood for a good few minutes holding the loo door open for him to get there ..... as he went through, he said 'Thank yer laddie', to which I replied, 'You are welcome mate'.

On hearing my accent, he spat, 'Yer English c*nt!' .... lmfao .... Enjoy your visit.

I've had countless holidays and visits to Scotland over the years and enjoyed them all. The Scots can be a bit gruff at first but a lot of it is their sense of humour AND because it has been instilled into some of them that they should hate the English because of some bullshit 800 year old history.

One story that sums up some Scots mentality is, about 15 years ago we went to Greece and met a couple from Stirling. We got on really well with them and around the third night he said, quote, "Do you know I fucking hate the English, but I've never met an Englishman I didn't like."

That quote sums up a hell of a lot for me. BTW we finished off a great week and left as friends.

Their food is fucking appalling though.

I too have been to Scotland many times. A stunning country. The people have all be wonderful,sadly like most places all that changes where football is concerned.

I've had countless holidays and visits to Scotland over the years and enjoyed them all. The Scots can be a bit gruff at first but a lot of it is their sense of humour AND because it has been instilled into some of them that they should hate the English because of some bullshit 800 year old history.

One story that sums up some Scots mentality is, about 15 years ago we went to Greece and met a couple from Stirling. We got on really well with them and around the third night he said, quote, "Do you know I fucking hate the English, but I've never met an Englishman I didn't like."

That quote sums up a hell of a lot for me. BTW we finished off a great week and left as friends.

Their food is fucking appalling though.

I intend to eat a deep fried Mars bar tomorrow. It just sounds so weird that I feel I must try it. Once.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.