City fans in the Celtic end next week

Funny some of the posts earlier in this thread. I often wonder if the people who write these posts about away fans in the home end and trouble go to matches these days. Even if you went in the opposition end and it was clear you supported the other team, as long as you don't take the piss 99% of the time you'd be fine. People making out that Celtic is some kind of war zone, there might be a few idiots but no more than you get as a percentage as the likes of Everton, Liverpool, Chelsea etc.

For CL home games, City allocate several rows of seats in Block 105 for "UEFA and its partners". These seats have always been taken mainly by away fans (incl CSKA) who are usually oblivious to the supposed etiquette for away fans in the home end. Its caused quite a few problems for the stewards when we have conceded goals.

Perhaps UEFA's decision to return tickets is to avoid this mixing of fans? It will be interesting to see how many Celtic fans are in 105 for the home tie.

I was unfortunate enough to be in front of a whole row of Bayern munich fans Iast season in 105. They weren't oblivious to the trouble they caused,
I'd go so far to say they actually seemed to feed off it. These weren't toe rags or youngsters, they were all middle aged and very smartly dressed. They actually seemed to enjoy the trouble they were causing, Especially when the stewards who had numerous complaints let them continue (are they briefed to do this???) I feel sorry for the kids/women who get caught up in all the shit that follows when people Decide to take matters into their own hands.

Last edited:
I don't expect many city fans will get in, as almost all will set off on the day and no details are yet known about ticket collection.

The club sends out rubbish expecting you to be an 'ambassador', yet treats you like allo allo forcing you to meet up with your 'papers' and makes it mission impossible to collect tickets.

I don't expect many city fans will get in, as almost all will set off on the day and no details are yet known about ticket collection.

The club sends out rubbish expecting you to be an 'ambassador', yet treats you like allo allo forcing you to meet up with your 'papers' and makes it mission impossible to collect tickets.
Ticket collection details came through this afternoon mate not very well organised parr for the course though.

I have done this twice gone in the away end and been Sussed both times and thrown out both times. One was Newcastle away cup game think we lost 1 nil on a Sunday evening and the other was Walsall. Went with my pal and missus and got called out twice before kick off no colours keeping our heads down got threatened explained we only watching game etc but stewards turfed us.

Not worth it. These idiots are vicious. Do not go in their end unless you have a death wish. They hate the English at the best of times. No way will you be tolerated when we start opening a can of whoop ass on their comedy football team.

Not worth it. These idiots are vicious. Do not go in their end unless you have a death wish. They hate the English at the best of times. No way will you be tolerated when we start opening a can of whoop ass on their comedy football team.

Can't work out if you're being serious?

Speaking to a Celtic season ticket holder yesterday and mentioned these posts, he seemed pretty surprised. He was actually giving his tickets to a City fan as he couldn't get to the game. Said you'll get no trouble in or out of the ground regardless of where you drink / sit etc.

The tickets I've been given are season tickets from two English Celtic supporters living in England that travel up to Glasgow every other week. I'm sure there's plenty of other English Celtic fans about

I was unfortunate enough to be in front of a whole row of Bayern munich fans Iast season in 105. They weren't oblivious to the trouble they caused,
I'd go so far to say they actually seemed to feed off it. These weren't toe rags or youngsters, they were all middle aged and very smartly dressed. They actually seemed to enjoy the trouble they were causing, Especially when the stewards who had numerous complaints let them continue (are they briefed to do this???) I feel sorry for the kids/women who get caught up in all the shit that follows when people Decide to take matters into their own hands.

I’m assuming that you mean Monchengladbach, but I’m not sure that German fans are the best example.

Yesterday, my seat was on the segregation barrier, but the only nastiness originated from the City end, when Swansea equalized. Nothing too vile, but a bit embarrassing watching grown men impersonate hypocritical idiots.

Last season, I attended the Cologne-Monchengladbach derby, which according to German sources is only just below the Dortmund-Schalke rivalry

There were dozens of Monchengladbach fans in the Cologne end, all wearing colours, but there was never a sense that things would get out of hand.

Six weeks later, there were hundreds of Monchengladbach fans in the City end, which seemed to take everyone by surprise. They all went-up when BMG scored, but they were hardly taking liberties. Yes, it got nasty for a few seconds, but only because a few City fans were incapable of counting to ten.

However, Celtic is another level, so I agree with your overall point.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.