City Fans Leaving Early/Empty seats

Yesterday the thousands of early leavers gave yet another opportunity for the media more opportunity to slag our support. But what I find even more embarrasing is that we are constantly trying to find excuses for why supporters leave early. Of course its anybody's prerogative when they leave, but its like most are sheep just following others. We are the by far the worst in the country for leaving early. There are Premier League grounds which have worse transport logistics that don't depart en masse at 80mins.

I really don't know what the solution is ??? But its toe curling watching our players celebrate the final whistle with 10k fans left in the stadium.

You can't have been to many grounds then. Or is it what you have seen from the telly?

Yesterday the thousands of early leavers gave yet another opportunity for the media more opportunity to slag our support. But what I find even more embarrasing is that we are constantly trying to find excuses for why supporters leave early. Of course its anybody's prerogative when they leave, but its like most are sheep just following others. We are the by far the worst in the country for leaving early. There are Premier League grounds which have worse transport logistics that don't depart en masse at 80mins.

I really don't know what the solution is ??? But its toe curling watching our players celebrate the final whistle with 10k fans left in the stadium.
Good post but I'm afraid it's like criticising someone's driving or girlfriend.
What Saturday does put to bed are the homework, school night, the players clocking off so why shouldn't I, we didn't look like scoring and bad weather excuses.

You can't have been to many grounds then. Or is it what you have seen from the telly?

What you on about you plum ? The last time I bothered counting I'd been to over 50 league grounds so I think that gives me a fair idea of what travel issues are at away grounds. Yesterday I stayed to the end, was driving and would have been home within 25 mins if it wasn't for the road works on the A6 in Levenshulme.

Understand problems if supporters cant walk far and have to use the club car parks, but anybody that is able bodied can use a bit of common sense and being stuck in traffic

We won yesterday and played fantastically so of course, the post match thread is tiny and slow.

It would seem that fans are this weekends chance to have a fucking good moan for some.

Just ignore the usual few that keep bringing this subject up please and let this crap thread die a death!

Good post but I'm afraid it's like criticising someone's driving or girlfriend.
What Saturday does put to bed are the homework, school night, the players clocking off so why shouldn't I, we didn't look like scoring and bad weather excuses.

Often thought the leaving early malaise started with Pellegrini killing games in the second half when the games were already won. Taking Silva / Aguero off and just running the clock down. Hard to change supporters habits when they used to leaving on 80 mins

This just about sums it up. Good post.

Yesterday the thousands of early leavers gave yet another opportunity for the media more opportunity to slag our support. But what I find even more embarrasing is that we are constantly trying to find excuses for why supporters leave early. Of course its anybody's prerogative when they leave, but its like most are sheep just following others.
Good point this. It seems to me that one person or group leaves and it's the green light for others to follow. And once a few start leaving others will say "Come on, let's go". I've been at games, including night games, when virtually no one leaves before the end yet the same problems of trams, traffic, need to get the kids home, etc are still there. So I'd say a lot of the problem is psychological in that when a few start leaving, the rest follow. To me, as a supporter, you support the team from when they come out on the pitch to when the final whistle blows. They were superb yesterday and deserved the acclaim at the end. Yet for around 15,000 people, it was seemingly more important to get on the tram or out of the car park a few minutes early.

What you on about you plum ? The last time I bothered counting I'd been to over 50 league grounds so I think that gives me a fair idea of what travel issues are at away grounds. Yesterday I stayed to the end, was driving and would have been home within 25 mins if it wasn't for the road works on the A6 in Levenshulme.

Understand problems if supporters cant walk far and have to use the club car parks, but anybody that is able bodied can use a bit of common sense and being stuck in traffic

Fans leave early at every ground and the ones that are the same size as City's see fans streaming out also. Old Trafford they have to queue up to leave early due to poor space standards. Maybe try going to the Stadium of Light and see what happen there.

Every time I have left an away ground it has always been choca with home fans outside already even if one of the first out. Ye we get plastic fans who clearly don't go away who are "embarrassed" or juts clearly on a wind up.

Just wait till the lap of honour on Tuesday week. Won't be a sinner there in the first place and there'll be half a sinner when the players wave goodbye, but hey ...you'll be grand and on your trams and saving minutes!! :-)

Good point this. It seems to me that one person or group leaves and it's the green light for others to follow. And once a few start leaving others will say "Come on, let's go". I've been at games, including night games, when virtually no one leaves before the end yet the same problems of trams, traffic, need to get the kids home, etc are still there. So I'd say a lot of the problem is psychological in that when a few start leaving, the rest follow. To me, as a supporter, you support the team from when they come out on the pitch to when the final whistle blows. They were superb yesterday and deserved the acclaim at the end. Yet for around 15,000 people, it was seemingly more important to get on the tram or out of the car park a few minutes early.

It drives me to distraction Colin. The problem is worse at City than any other PL ground I can think of. Some don't think it's an issue, and that is of course their prerogative, but for me it's poor stuff. And as you say, when the team played like it did yesterday and the level of appreciation at the final whistle is 10000 to 20000 empty seats, it's not hard to see why Pep has the hump

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.