City Fans Leaving Early/Empty seats

It seems we mostly just about sell out eventually but there's no sense of a huge demand for tickets apart from one or two games. Which is why it would be decidedly odd for the club to attempt to punish people for not attending rather than trying to attract greater demand.

City as a club and fanbase do not sell out. We haven't been successful enough for a sustained period of time to have many day trippers just yet. We have a core of about 40 odd thousand blues. We don't sell games out so I don't see it as an issue if someone who pays for their ticket doesn't turn up. If the demand was there whilst I would see more where you are coming from I am still under the stance of it is their ticket, they have paid for it and can do as they please. I don't know any season ticket holders who doesn't go and doesn't offer their ticket out to mates.
And yet the average Premiership attendance is over 54,000 - and almost every home game that includes over a thousand blues who have bought up tickets in the away end.

It seems we mostly just about sell out eventually but there's no sense of a huge demand for tickets apart from one or two games. Which is why it would be decidedly odd for the club to attempt to punish people for not attending rather than trying to attract greater demand.

How difficult is this to understand? Nobody would be getting punished for not attending. The only fans that would be getting punished would be those that failed to inform the club of their non-attendance and even then they would have to fail to notify the club multiple times during a season before any sanctions were imposed. How that equates to "no sense" is beyond me. I tell you what makes no sense to me - that there are season ticket holders on this very thread that didn't even know City had an in-house ticket exchange facility, and have had since the beginning of last season.

Saturday wont be a sell out. Watch out for the empty seat counters.

If it was a 3pm kick off still it be full.

City women at Wembley on Saturday so I reckon a fair few fans will be going.

To upgrade a junior to an OAP in the family stand will cost me over £38 for the Leicester game, that's asking a lot.

We do sell games out. Not every game but plenty of games nonetheless. And it's not just the obvious high profile matches either. We sold out every FA Cup home game against Championship opposition between 2013 and 2015 with the exception of the 3rd round replay against Blackburn so this notion that we "don't sell out" is bollocks and the kind of thing a clueless opposition fan would come up with. A more accurate statement would be "don't always sell out".

Whilst without checking I would be surprised if we sold out every fa cup game although I might be mistaken with the league cup which is always never full. Cup games due to the pricing though may attract more families so might be easier to shift the tickets.

My point is league games, and there are only a handful where there isn't quite large empty seats across the stadium. If you buy your season ticket that is yours to attend as and when you want, whilst it may be pointless to buy one and not go it is your decision. What I was trying to get at was if we had thousands even hundreds of people missing out on a weekly basis because season ticket holders aren't attending then maybe something could be brought in but at a time we want to expand and attract new fans it sounds daft to penalise paying customers.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.