City Fans Leaving Early/Empty seats

How difficult is this to understand? Nobody would be getting punished for not attending. The only fans that would be getting punished would be those that failed to inform the club of their non-attendance and even then they would have to fail to notify the club multiple times during a season before any sanctions were imposed. How that equates to "no sense" is beyond me. I tell you what makes no sense to me - that there are season ticket holders on this very thread that didn't even know City had an in-house ticket exchange facility, and have had since the beginning of last season.

OK, it would be odd for the club to punish people for failing to inform them that they wouldn't be attending when they'd already paid for their ticket.

OK, it would be odd for the club to punish people for failing to inform them that they wouldn't be attending when they'd already paid for their ticket.

I don't think there's anything odd about it at all. It would help maximise seat usage which in turn may help foster a better atmosphere in the stadium (granted it doesn't address the early leavers situation). In any case, regardless of whether the ticket has been paid for or not, the club are entitled to impose whatever conditions they want when selling that ticket.

I don't think there's anything draconian about the idea of giving a supporter, say, up to 3 chances per season where they don't have to inform the club of their non-attendance. That's pretty lenient IMO. What's far more draconian is some of the other shit that's been going on such as the alleged targeting of vulnerable individuals by some Showsec stewards and City seemingly turning a blind eye when complaints have been raised about it.

The upgrade from a child to an adult is £50 hence the adult is not coming !!!

Tried it myself. Bought 3 a season ticket off my pal who cant make the remaining games.

My mum purchased additional tickets near them for my Sister and older son (who is now going on a weekend school excursion)

Too much to move to another adult ticket (no point as I have a seat) and my youngest boy is sitting with me (he is under 5) and the other boy is a red.

So looks like an empty child seat going now..

I don't think there's anything odd about it at all. It would help maximise seat usage which in turn may help foster a better atmosphere in the stadium (granted it doesn't address the early leavers situation). In any case, regardless of whether the ticket has been paid for or not, the club are entitled to impose whatever conditions they want when selling that ticket.

I don't think there's anything draconian about the idea of giving a supporter, say, up to 3 chances per season where they don't have to inform the club of their non-attendance. That's pretty lenient IMO. What's far more draconian is some of the other shit that's been going on such as the alleged targeting of vulnerable individuals by some Showsec stewards and City seemingly turning a blind eye when complaints have been raised about it.

I still think it's a better idea to reward people rather than threaten them. If we have to have "loyalty" points why not offer 1,000 extra or something meaningful to anybody whose seasoncard is activated for every league game in a season (whether or not it's them using it) - or offer the chance to buy tickets for four or five away games (excluding the derby) on the first day of sale even if you don't have the necessary points. As for the other draconian stuff going on, I've no argument at all with you about that.

I still think it's a better idea to reward people rather than threaten them. If we have to have "loyalty" points why not offer 1,000 extra or something meaningful to anybody whose seasoncard is activated for every league game in a season (whether or not it's them using it) - or offer the chance to buy tickets for four or five away games (excluding the derby) on the first day of sale even if you don't have the necessary points. As for the other draconian stuff going on, I've no argument at all with you about that.

Yeah, a rewards system could be another way of approaching it and I can see that working in some way.

If City have a higher number of no-show season ticket holders than Man Utd and Liverpool then the Ticket Exchange should be the solution. However the empty seats at sold out games may relate to other factors such as fans doubling up in standing areas or to seats allocated to staff or sponsors who don't show. I get the feeling that City have a higher quota of seats in our ground which are hospitality areas, and maybe the fans who go to those sections are only interested in the biggest games. If you look at the Emirates on match-day their Level 2 is routinely 1/3rd empty and yet their ground is forever sold out.

I went to walk out on Saturday after the Palace game (3-0 up we were)
Maybe around 79th min??
And the gates were closed (ES lvl 1)

Is this the same in the NS lvl1 which was near enough empty near to the end.

I had to ask a steward to go out of the security entrance as the gates were closed.

Oh and for the doom merchants who are more concerned about what a few Rag trolls online think about empty seats.... I left early as I fucked up my back the day before in the gym and was in agony having people bouncing all over me, so had to leave to safeguard my health.

this seat exchange is bloody shit, I carnt make the last 2 games so put both up, west brom sold Leicester not sold and why, west brom 20 notes Leicester 56 notes even thou Leicester is the better game, why not do it for 35 notes

Why is it? His suggestion is a sensible one. He's not saying that season ticket holders can't miss 2 games a season - he's saying that if someone misses 2 games where they haven't notified the club in advance of their non-attendance then sanctions should be applied. I mean, how hard would it be for an individual to let the club know that they're not able to attend a game? Granted, if it's a last minute emergency it might be the last thing on someone's mind and that could happen to any of us, but that's where the leeway of 2 games comes in - personally, I'd probably up it to 3.

The fact is that some City fans are being denied access to tickets at certain games due to non-attending season ticket holders who can't be arsed sticking their tickets up on the ticket exchange.

I'm sorry, but to suggest having to notify the club if you're not going to make a game beggars belief. If I don't wish to attend a game for my own personal reason that's my business. Totally ridiculous suggestion.

And if someone wants to buy a season ticket then attend a couple of games a season, whilst an odd thing to do, it is entirely up to them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.