City Fans Leaving Early/Empty seats

This is complete and utter bollocks and I will gladly tell you why. When I was working I worked away on a week on/ week off basis. This meant I missed a large proportion of home games but I kept my season ticket going. Prior to the ticket exchange I contacted the club and told them once the fixtures were printed I could tell them exactly the games I would miss and they could reactivate my ticket and sell it on but no one was interested. Fast forward to the ticket exchange and if I am going to miss a game I place it up for sale but the only games I have ever sold was against the rags and Arsenal at home last season. Tickets are being put up for sale but City fans for whatever reason are not buying them, then coming on here whining season ticket holders are selfish and they can't get a ticket. Bollocks I say again!

Very few fans who have already paid for a seat miss games without a good reason. Fans without season tickets need to join whatever scheme is available and actually buy the tickets for sale. I will tell you why they aren't doing so it is because many are cherry picking games and can't be bothered buying an available seat for the less attractive games, that is the truth of the matter!

Looks like it's pot luck whether the tickets on the exchange sell or not and it isn't always the big games that only get sold - someone on this very thread has put their tickets for Leicester and WBA up for sale. His WBA ticket has sold but the Leicester one hasn't (as of yesterday). Now, despite the Leicester tickets being more expensive I'm surprised he's managed to sell his WBA ticket and not his Leicester one because when you go on the planner there's shit loads more availability for WBA than there is for Leicester but either way he's sold his seat for a less in-demand game than the one where his seat hasn't sold. Yet you say the only ones of yours that sold on the ticket exchange last season were the derby and Arsenal. I've no reason to doubt you but it seems that you've been unlucky that others didn't get snapped up.

Last edited:
Spot on Frank, down here in Devon a couple of fellow Mancs tell me how they would love to see City live but when I tell them that they can get tickets for almost every game months in advance they change the subject, come the start of next season they will be asking me to visit the club shop to get them the latest shirt.
Fact is the ground is to big City should have filled the corners in and not done the south stand extention a stadium of 49000 to 50000 would be big enough and we would have no one complaining about leaving S/S level 3.

If we sell out just one game a season in a 54,000-plus capacity stadium then that's justification for extending the capacity to that amount. We get 54,000-plus most weeks in the Premier League so I don't see why capacity should've been capped at 49-50k.

Looks like it's pot lick whether the tickets on the exchange sell or not and it isn't always the big games that only get sold - someone on this very thread has put their tickets for Leicester and WBA up for sale. His WBA ticket has sold but the Leicester one hasn't (as of yesterday). Now, despite the Leicester tickets being more expensive I'm surprised he's managed to sell his WBA ticket and not his Leicester one because when you go on the planner there's shit loads more availability for WBA than there is for Leicester but either way he's sold his seat for a less in-demand game than the one where his seat hasn't sold. Yet you say the only ones of yours that sold on the ticket exchange last season were the derby and Arsenal. I've no reason to doubt you but it seems that you've been unlucky that others didn't get snapped up.

I am not bothered whether they were sold or not the point I was making is don't lay the blame at season ticket holders for there being empty seats when clearly there are shit loads for sale for most home games that don't get bought. We have supposedly thousands waiting for a season ticket so this should mean those thousands are scrambling around to buy a maximum of five thousand tickets when you deduct the away fans and the forty six thousand season tickets from the equation. I have just been on the website and had a look out of interest it shows ticket availability for Leicester still.

People buy season tickets to reduce the costs, to be around the same people ( Usually ) and to be guaranteed a seat. From time to time they can't make a game, in my previous situation it was sometimes over half the nineteen games I paid for due to work commitments. I should be praised for my loyalty in continuing to support the club by buying tickets costing me at least £300 I know I would not be able to attend. I put them up for resale if they didn't sell that isn't my fault and I couldn't give a fuck if someone frets over seeing an empty seat on TV. Actually mine is four rows from the back so it is never seen. Rant over!

I am not bothered whether they were sold or not the point I was making is don't lay the blame at season ticket holders for there being empty seats when clearly there are shit loads for sale for most home games that don't get bought. We have supposedly thousands waiting for a season ticket so this should mean those thousands are scrambling around to buy a maximum of five thousand tickets when you deduct the away fans and the forty six thousand season tickets from the equation. I have just been on the website and had a look out of interest it shows ticket availability for Leicester still.

People buy season tickets to reduce the costs, to be around the same people ( Usually ) and to be guaranteed a seat. From time to time they can't make a game, in my previous situation it was sometimes over half the nineteen games I paid for due to work commitments. I should be praised for my loyalty in continuing to support the club by buying tickets costing me at least £300 I know I would not be able to attend. I put them up for resale if they didn't sell that isn't my fault and I couldn't give a fuck if someone frets over seeing an empty seat on TV. Actually mine is four rows from the back so it is never seen. Rant over!

You're missing the point of what I was saying. Despite your situation, you did what you could to make sure the games you didn't attend were attended by someone else. Nobody's saying that those that actually put their seat up for re-sale but it doesn't then sell are doing anything wrong. It's those that can't/won't attend and then do absolutely nothing to facilitate someone else using that seat when some games are over-subscribed that this is aimed at and I'm surprised how many people, including yourself, who do make the effort to try and get the seat filled would ever think it was aimed at them. How on earth could you possibly think that anyone would advocate sanctions against any fan who has put their seat up for re-sale but it doesn't get sold lol? And like it or not, some games are over-subscribed yet there will still be empty seats dotted about because some season ticket holders can't be arsed going and can't even be arsed to see if a mate wants their ticket or put it for re-sale, which bizarrely does them out of the chance of getting some money back.

Leicester actually sold out weeks ago and the only tickets that are available are those that have been put up for re-sale on the exchange.

Spot on Frank, down here in Devon a couple of fellow Mancs tell me how they would love to see City live but when I tell them that they can get tickets for almost every game months in advance they change the subject, come the start of next season they will be asking me to visit the club shop to get them the latest shirt.
Fact is the ground is to big City should have filled the corners in and not done the south stand extention a stadium of 49000 to 50000 would be big enough and we would have no one complaining about leaving S/S level 3.
That's just not true at all even looking at the average attendance figures on their own will put that argument to bed as false. There are some season ticket holders here who feel they have the right to be defensive about it but there's also an equal amount season ticket holders(if not more) dead sure there is definitely something wrong when it's normal for a soldout game to have a noticeable amount of empty seats visible on TV. There's been people literally saying they couldn't get tickets for games on here that I've seen and still people pointing out empty seats in the same game. Maybe it is wrong to point at season ticket holders without knowing for sure what the biggest problem is but it's equally wrong to feed the "stadium is too big for ickle city" clan with unsubstantiated claims like that just because you feel defensive about it.

Don't think the pissing about with kick off times helps the situation. You book a holiday or arrange some other function and then all of a sudden the fixtures get altered what do you do cancel your appointment or just miss a match?

I no longer bother looking at the fixture list at the start of the season I just go ahead and arrange my holiday or other things and just miss any match that clashes with my prior arrangements.

I know you would think the way people go on there is this huge demand for tickets and some poor loyal city fan is being forced to watch it in the pub rather than realise there dream of attending matches.

If memory serves me correct tickets go on sale at the start of the season for every home match so anybody wanting tickets for Leicester has had a period of nine months to get one or any other game for that matter.

With the new capacity there is not a massive demand exceeding supply and picking up tickets for home matches is not particularly difficult for the vast majority of games and even for the biggest of matches you only have to show a reasonable amount of previous attendance.

iirc only the rags had sold out early doors when all the league games went up for sale, which is understandable.

You're missing the point of what I was saying. Despite your situation, you did what you could to make sure the games you didn't attend were attended by someone else. Nobody's saying that those that actually put their seat up for re-sale but it doesn't then sell are doing anything wrong. It's those that can't/won't attend and then do absolutely nothing to facilitate someone else using that seat when some games are over-subscribed that this is aimed at and I'm surprised how many people, including yourself, who do make the effort to try and get the seat filled would ever think it was aimed at them. How on earth could you possibly think that anyone would advocate sanctions against any fan who has put their seat up for re-sale but it doesn't get sold lol? And like it or not, some games are over-subscribed yet there will still be empty seats dotted about because some season ticket holders can't be arsed going and can't even be arsed to see if a mate wants their ticket or put it for re-sale, which bizarrely does them out of the chance of getting some money back.

Leicester actually sold out weeks ago and the only tickets that are available are those that have been put up for re-sale on the exchange.

I am not missing the point. You made the assumption that season ticket holders are just sacking off games hence the empty seats, myself and others here have proved in a lot of instances this isn't the case, the seats are there people just either don't want them or can't be bothered to source them out. Some season ticket holders might for whatever reason not put their seat up for sale but I am sure they have a valid reason. Only someone very financially stable or mad would throw money away. I am afraid empty seats and people leaving early, annoying as it can be to some will always happen. You can't penalise anyone for either.

I am not missing the point. You made the assumption that season ticket holders are just sacking off games hence the empty seats, myself and others here have proved in a lot of instances this isn't the case, the seats are there people just either don't want them or can't be bothered to source them out. Some season ticket holders might for whatever reason not put their seat up for sale but I am sure they have a valid reason. Only someone very financially stable or mad would throw money away. I am afraid empty seats and people leaving early, annoying as it can be to some will always happen. You can't penalise anyone for either.

I know a lot of season ticket holders, especially elderly season ticket holders, who get the bus to the ground near where i live. a lot of them dont and can't go to night matches or midweek games. lots of them/ the ones i know dont use the internet really and wouldn't ever put there tickets on seat exchange. with our older fanbase i reckon thats one of the main reasons we have more empty seats, especially midweek games. the other reason imo is that club give lots of tickets to sponsors and corporates, which dont always get filled.

No - I made the assumption that some season ticket holders are sacking off games. I never once implied that every empty season ticket seat is down to people who can't be arsed attending and can't be arsed passing their ticket on to a mate/putting it up for re-sale. All I said is that some people do it. If you actually believe that there isn't a single season ticket holder that doesn't do such a thing then you're kidding yourself.

Personally, I'd make all early leavers scan their seasoncard on exiting the stadium and have a sliding scale of punishments based on how early they left the stadium. For instance, leaving a few minutes early would result in a relatively modest punishment of, say, a deduction of 20 loyalty points. The severest penalties would be reserved for those "scanning out" before the 70 minute mark and would consist of public executions in City Square beamed live into the stadium after the match has ended.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.