City Fans Leaving Early/Empty seats

its like a point scoring system from the rich (media pundits) pointing out were sh*t because people can't afford to go.

Seems more opposing fans are bothered about how many empty seats there are compared to actually winning the game.
West ham had empty seats yesterday arsenal have them, its really difficult to fill these new stadiums week in week out, for various reasons but finance is for sure a big one

One again. How many times? Are you just being stupid on purpose? Long before the expansion, during it, and now, I have constantly stated City need to expand the stadium. The support is there to fill any stadium expansion as long as season tickets and matchday tickets are priced correctly.

No I haven't 'mocked' City for expanding the stadium. Liar! Check back on my numerous posts on the topic. I've been taking part in the discussion, just like you.

There weren't any empty seats when Mancini was in charge. And when we were battering everyone. When tickets were much more affordable. And when it wasn't an absolute ball ache getting into and leaving the stadium. Etc. And if there were any empty seats they were very few indeed. Perhaps Pellers last season in-charge, and the clubs holistic approach began contributing to the apathy amongst the fans and the growing number of empty seats? How many fans stayed behind after Pellers last home game?

Since the club has expanded the stadium it has slowly but surely eroded our matchday going fan base with increased season ticket and matchday prices bar the limited £299 season tickets in SS level 3, which replaced value gold, which has now strangely been brought back to plug the gaps and and empty seats in other parts of the stadium. Coincidence? Not to mention tiered block pricing. Moving fans to cater for corporate sections. Add to that a ridiculous Citizen card fee, so you can buy a ticket.(than you City) Increases in food, drink, parking , etc , prices. And now security queues before the game, along with over zealous stewarding.The stadium should be full. Or at least look full with only a few empty seats, not 100's of empty seats.

Whether you care to admit it or not, those things and more are putting City fans off from coming to the matches. Rather than falling attendances and more empty seats, our attendances should be increasing with Pep in-charge, the players we signed last season, better priced tickets, and well thought out and well implemented security checks, if they really are necessary?

Financially the club is heading in the right direction. But that shouldn't be at the expense of our loyal and hardcore support that has stuck by the club for well over 30 years of winning f*** all.

Yes, the club has to make money and drive revenue. It's now a business after all. But to do that the club doesn't have to piss off and alienate the very people that keep the business, or the club in our eyes, going.

Regardless of how much money Sheikh Mansour put into City, and how much he eventually get's back, without us and without our continued support, the club would be nothing.

Done!

You're just believing what you want to be true and reading what you want to read.

1) I said 'we' were mocked. Not that you mocked the club. In fact I have absolutely no idea why you would think I accused you of doing so. Very odd.

2) Nearly every single league game has sold out since the expansion barring one or two exceptions. We also sell out the away allocation every time it is returned to us. The only games not to sell out are cup games against weaker opposition.

3) Empty seats in sold out games started in Mancini's last season and got worse and worse year on year during Pellegrini's time in charge.

4) Agree that ticket prices rises will or is driving away some fans. This isn't currently impacting league crowds though. I do believe it impacts cup crowds as more drop the cup schemes to cover the increases.

5) You DID say the Leicester game wasn't sold out due to the ticket prices even though the game sold out a while ago and you couldn't purchase tickets for the game again until the ticket exchanges opened.

image.jpg

Last edited:
Club are on to this now. I have just had an email from the club noticing I never went on Saturday ( I was doing a charity bike ride and family member who I gave tickets never used them for whatever reason) . They have said if I cant go remember to use ticket exchange with a link attached to email

Good idea to do this I think. its a polite email and very much service driven but ultimately reminding fans to try and sell tickets if they cant go.

i agree, was only able to take my little boy with me for his 1st game because he was free. £30 for a childs ticket is obscene
Scandalous if the grounds not full they should let children in for free, at Maine road you could carry them through the turnstiles to sit on your knee for fuck all did it a few times in the north stand

Club are on to this now. I have just had an email from the club noticing I never went on Saturday ( I was doing a charity bike ride and family member who I gave tickets never used them for whatever reason) . They have said if I cant go remember to use ticket exchange with a link attached to email

Good idea to do this I think. its a polite email and very much service driven but ultimately reminding fans to try and sell tickets if they cant go.

Reason is that the club have a vested interest in us using the official exchange. They credit the seller with one nineteenth of their season ticket cost and then resell to a new buyer at the open price for a single ticket.

The club needs to seriously decide whether it wants to prioritise a full, noisy house over a few extra quid, empty seats and a flat atmosphere.

Nail
on
head.

It isn't a difficult decision either is it. Or at least it shouldn't be.

Full stadium = better atmosphere = better support for the team = better results. Plus more match-day revenue plus better marketing opportunities, sponsorship deals etc. This should be a no brainer.

Scandalous if the grounds not full they should let children in for free, at Maine road you could carry them through the turnstiles to sit on your knee for fuck all did it a few times in the north stand
They are currently free til they are 5 as long as they sit on your knee.

Manchester City Annual report 2015-16

Revenue £391.8m comprising:
£178m commercial
£161m broadcast
£53m matchday

If we prioritised a full house and charged less for tickets - especially for kids and families - say our matchday revenue declined by 10%, that's a £5m hit.

Is it conceivable we'd grow the £178m + £161m = £339m by more than £5m due to better atmosphere, results and marketing potential? It would be like falling off a log. Doing this is a total no brainer.

The other side of this coin is, how will we continue to attact top, highest paying sponsors when our matches have a shit atmosphere and a half empty ground?

Heck, we'd probably make more money if all tickets were free.

Manchester City Annual report 2015-16

Revenue £391.8m comprising:
£178m commercial
£161m broadcast
£53m matchday

If we prioritised a full house and charged less for tickets - especially for kids and families - say our matchday revenue declined by 10%, that's a £5m hit.

Is it conceivable we'd grow the £178m + £161m = £339m by more than £5m due to better atmosphere, results and marketing potential? It would be like falling off a log. Doing this is a total no brainer.

The other side of this coin is, how will we continue to attact top, highest paying sponsors when our matches have a shit atmosphere and a half empty ground?

Heck, we'd probably make more money if all tickets were free.

I'm not sure how cheaper tickets would result in a full stadium when matches at higher prices are currently sold out but there are still empty seats. For some reason people with tickets aren't going to games and I don't see why that would change simply by making prices cheaper. The opposite could even be the case.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.