City Fans Leaving Early/Empty seats

Had to laugh on Saturday. The guy next to me always come back late at half time etc. On Saturday he missed the 3rd goal. He sits down and says f..k me we scored thought it was kick off after half time. :)

Had to laugh on Saturday. The guy next to me always come back late at half time etc. On Saturday he missed the 3rd goal. He sits down and says f..k me we scored thought it was kick off after half time. :)

Used to be a guy near me came in after KO. Got up on 35 mins to go the bar, came back 5 mins into 2nd half.
Bet he only seen 1 goal on Saturday!
Still he did stay till the end.

Don’t get it how so many people can leave half the stadium is empty by time the whistle has blown. Always stay till the end no matter what. You would think we lose most game the way people leave.
Why is it so hard to believe that people will leave a game that had been over for 45 minutes, and had become an experimental, and rather boring training session ? (and yes I was there to applaud them off.)

Don’t get it how so many people can leave half the stadium is empty by time the whistle has blown. Always stay till the end no matter what. You would think we lose most game the way people leave.
I’m with you on this, in particular for matches on a weekend, what’s the mad rush? Some I appreciate may have evening jobs or child care issues but pretty sure for many it’s just them wanting to get a few extra pints in.

Champions League/Cup nights, fair enough, it’s a work day/school day, late kick off and if you have a fair distance to travel then you will be lucky to be home by midnight unless you live very locally.

I think the traditional 3pm Sat games are now becoming the exact opposite of what they once were. The thing is now that TV takes all the "bigger" games with a sprinkling of the others for alternative ko's. For a lot of fans Sat 3pm is now a bit of an inconvenience rather than the preferred ko time that it once was. Supporters are thinking " not too bothered about going,it's only Fulham etc" and then depart early because we're generally winning. It's strange because people used to not turn up because we were shite, now we're a great team they expect us to win and can't be arsed coming or leave 15 mins early.

I think the traditional 3pm Sat games are now becoming the exact opposite of what they once were. The thing is now that TV takes all the "bigger" games with a sprinkling of the others for alternative ko's. For a lot of fans Sat 3pm is now a bit of an inconvenience rather than the preferred ko time that it once was. Supporters are thinking " not too bothered about going,it's only Fulham etc" and then depart early because we're generally winning. It's strange because people used to not turn up because we were shite, now we're a great team they expect us to win and can't be arsed coming or leave 15 mins early.
Not turn up because we never won, not turn up because we always win...hmmmmm strange

I thought it looked particularly bad this week.
I'm just at the Football Museum and they've got Sky Sports on the TV's in the bar. Just shown the Fulham game highlights and the South Stand was more than half empty with a few minutes to go. That's supposed to be our most loyal hard-core support and most had gone before the end. Could barely believe it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.