City Fans Leaving Early/Empty seats

Supporters are thinking " not too bothered about going,it's only Fulham etc"
I've never quite managed to get my head around this, I go to watch and support City not the opposition and while certain matches - derbies, title/relegation deciders - obviously have an additional attraction it's never been a decisive factor in whether I attend or not.

Saturday was surprisingly bad from the no-shows aspect as well as the early leavers, with the kids back at school I was expecting a healthier turn-out in the Family Stand but no, the usual empty block of 15-20 seats was in evidence yet again along with a few significant gaps elsewhere which were also apparent in CBL3 and the home section of SSL3.

Not turn up because we never won, not turn up because we always win...hmmmmm strange
Well that is/has been the mentality of some of our supporters because I've heard it said, and I won't be on my own. In fact I bet there's people who use this forum who could say "yeah I' m one of them".

As promised.

No seats in Colin Bell, level 3, according to the ticket office on Saturday.

Lucky I didn't ask for a level 2 seat. :-?

If the Fulham match was sold out, my name is Sheikh Mansour.

Not caught on camera. East stand, level 2, a large block of empty seats just out of picture, to the right of the shot.

Tumbleweeds rolling through the corporate boxes in the East Stand.

Click on the picture's to enlarge.

DSC04369.jpg

DSC04370.jpg

As promised.

Not caught on camera. East stand, level 2, a large block of empty seats just out of picture, to the right of the shot.

Click on the picture's to enlarge.

DSC04369.jpg

DSC04370.jpg
Different debate than the leaving early one, but this confuses and worries me, regarding getting tickets.
I posted in the CL Ticket thread. I tried every PL home game up to the end of November and wasn't offered a block with two seats together,
so eventually gave up and myself and son are coming over on Wednesday for the Lyon game. He has to be kept out of school to do this which I hate doing.
I also would have preferred to wait for the Hoffenhei game which is miles away yet but oddly the same result, I couldn't get two seats together.

I think the empty seats has as much to do with this kind of website problem as anything else.

My theory is that it is, in general, the older and richer season ticket holders that are picking their games to attend. Putting up season ticket prices will just move the problem to a different set of fans who then can’t afford to go.

The only thing I can think of is safe standing. It could be cheaper than seats and the older generation won’t want to stand so the younger fans snap them up.

I hate to say it but I also think that there are some fans that initially chose to support City as there was a lot to moan about. Now the football is sublime what’s the point?! They lay in wait clutching their season ticket ready to return at the first sign of a slip!

The problem is worse at City because the average season ticket holder has been going over 20 years and some of them can’t be arsed going to any game that isn’t v top 6 anymore. In doing so they block the younger fans who want to go but are told it’s a sell out.

It’s a generational thing. I blame United ;-)

As promised.

Nice photos JRB, but I don't think they show a big problem at all. Rather than swathes of empty seats they show a small number in the corporate hospitality area which is hardly a surprise for a fixture against Fulham. Not ideal, but I bet if you took same photo at Wembley, Anfield, Emirates, OT etc for same fixture you'd find similar problem. If you hve corporate hospitality seating, accept that they are going to pick and choose their games.

I am more interested in the Lyon game as a bellweather. Hoping for 50k to match last season (Napoli)

Nice photos JRB, but I don't think they show a big problem at all. Rather than swathes of empty seats they show a small number in the corporate hospitality area which is hardly a surprise for a fixture against Fulham. Not ideal, but I bet if you took same photo at Wembley, Anfield, Emirates, OT etc for same fixture you'd find similar problem. If you hve corporate hospitality seating, accept that they are going to pick and choose their games.

I am more interested in the Lyon game as a bellweather. Hoping for 50k to match last season (Napoli)

that wont happen as 3rd tier in both east colin and south not open, that is from yesterday

Don’t get it how so many people can leave half the stadium is empty by time the whistle has blown. Always stay till the end no matter what. You would think we lose most game the way people leave.
I really think it's disrespectful to our players (owners, Pep and staff) when the final whistle goes and they look around to see an half empty stadium.

Stay till the end and show your support and appreciation. No shit excuses allowed!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.