City Fans Leaving Early/Empty seats

Mine was a protest about the stupid and unnecessary rise in prices for this season but I only really watched the game out of the corner of my eye last night on the TV. It just doesn't excite me. Give me Scunny in the FA Cup any day.

I'm totally gobsmacked how a big City fan who I have much respect for can simply abandon our club because it doesn't excite him.

Mine was a protest about the stupid and unnecessary rise in prices for this season but I only really watched the game out of the corner of my eye last night on the TV. It just doesn't excite me. Give me Scunny in the FA Cup any day.

Man Utd force ST holders to buy a ticket for one thing. Arsenal I think include the group games as part of the season ticket. So for both of those clubs all season ticket holders will be counted as being there whether they are or not. They've also got the size of fanbase that can fill empty seats and I can illustrate that. A few years ago, I had a meeting down in London and it finished early so I was on the train back about 2:30, thinking it'd be dead quiet. It was rammed however and I couldn't work out why until I realised that the rags had a home CL tie that night. Think it was Lille, so hardly a European glamour tie. And other trains before and after were probably like that as well. We son't attract that level of support at the moment.

I agree that a major point is that CL tickets are compulsory at United. I am not sure how many STs we have but if it is around 40k, if the same rules applies (which I don't think it should) then I would expect to have nearer 50k for the matches. The other factor is that I feel our demographic is different in that we have a lot more families who attend games especially with younger children.

As we have seen in night games in general unless in school holidays this does have an impact of the attendance. In my case I sit with my parents and my son but my parents don't attend night matches as they find travelling and night matches in general hard work so prefer to watch at home.

Personally I enjoy the CL matches and it doesn't bother me what the attendance is but I understand and appreciate reasons why others prefer not to go.

Maybe the club could offer a big discount off the group games if you decide to opt into the CL when renewing your Seasoncard.

I'm totally gobsmacked how a big City fan who I have much respect for can simply abandon our club because it doesn't excite him.
I'll be at Cardiff on Saturday. I'm just not prepared to be an open wallet for the club to dip into whenever it wants. In fact the only season I've been able to commit to CL games regularly was the first one (and maybe the second) as I'm usually out of town for work during the week. And last night was Yom Kippur so no Jewish fans would have been there anyway.

I have zero interest in the Chump's league and the whole thing leaves me completely cold. Since it's inception i can count on one hand i've watched a non city game in this competition, i didn't miss a home game in any competition for about 8 years until i baulked at the PSG prices, since them i haven't attended on CL game and i basically only attended because i misguidedly felt obliged to, i have zero regrets and i actually felt sicker getting knocked out of the cup against Wigan than any Cl defeat.

I was brought up late 70s/early 80s listening to Peter Jones and Bryon Butler commentating on British sides in the European, EUFA and Cup Winners Cup and i had a real buzz doing so and was desperate to see City taking part but the 'Champions League' is in my eyes a shit stain of a competition in so many respects i loathe whole thing and there is not a cat in hells chance of me going to any of the other games but any FA or League Cup games at the Etihad i'll be there. I'm well aware of how important the CL is to the club and i'd like to win it but that's as far as it goes.
There's an awful lot of us posting roughly the same thing, loved a bit of Europa and did home & aways, did the first three or so seasons in the CL again including some aways then thought I'm sick of us being bummed so fuck it.

These are the only home games I've out of choice ever not gone to & I'm not missing it.

Like @Prestwich_Blue I watched on TV last night and Mrs Moon who always goes for a long bath while we're playing came in and was surprised I'd not been ranting and upset at the scoreline. It really really dosen't bother me, as others said give me Lincoln in a cup game over an overrated European night.

I agree that a major point is that CL tickets are compulsory at United. I am not sure how many STs we have but if it is around 40k, if the same rules applies (which I don't think it should) then I would expect to have nearer 50k for the matches. The other factor is that I feel our demographic is different in that we have a lot more families who attend games especially with younger children.

As we have seen in night games in general unless in school holidays this does have an impact of the attendance. In my case I sit with my parents and my son but my parents don't attend night matches as they find travelling and night matches in general hard work so prefer to watch at home.

Personally I enjoy the CL matches and it doesn't bother me what the attendance is but I understand and appreciate reasons why others prefer not to go.

Maybe the club could offer a big discount off the group games if you decide to opt into the CL when renewing your Seasoncard.
It still wouldn't matter I don't think. I have many friends who live down south or in the West Country, including some on here, who just can't go to midweek games.

most of the cretins who take the piss about our crowds have never been to a live game or very few anyway.they are morons in the main.i went last night with my daughter an 2 grandsons it cost me £100 for the tickets £10 in the blue car park a tenner for petrol and £12 for 4 drinks they made us take the tops off and one of the kids dropped it so wasted the £3 so all in all a total cost of £132 so not every one has that sort of spare cash floating around.

I have zero interest in the Chump's league and the whole thing leaves me completely cold. Since it's inception i can count on one hand i've watched a non city game in this competition, i didn't miss a home game in any competition for about 8 years until i baulked at the PSG prices, since them i haven't attended on CL game and i basically only attended because i misguidedly felt obliged to, i have zero regrets and i actually felt sicker getting knocked out of the cup against Wigan than any Cl defeat.

I was brought up late 70s/early 80s listening to Peter Jones and Bryon Butler commentating on British sides in the European, EUFA and Cup Winners Cup and i had a real buzz doing so and was desperate to see City taking part but the 'Champions League' is in my eyes a shit stain of a competition in so many respects i loathe whole thing and there is not a cat in hells chance of me going to any of the other games but any FA or League Cup games at the Etihad i'll be there. I'm well aware of how important the CL is to the club and i'd like to win it but that's as far as it goes.
Good job I don't believe a word of that. You sure as hell didn't go for your own entertainment throughout the 80s and 90s.

There's an awful lot of us posting roughly the same thing, loved a bit of Europa and did home & aways, did the first three or so seasons in the CL again including some aways then thought I'm sick of us being bummed so fuck it.

These are the only home games I've out of choice ever not gone to & I'm not missing it.

Like @Prestwich_Blue I watched on TV last night and Mrs Moon who always goes for a long bath while we're playing came in and was surprised I'd not been ranting and upset at the scoreline. It really really dosen't bother me, as others said give me Lincoln in a cup game over an overrated European night.

I had the same feeling, I went to the match, we lost, we didn't deserve to win, so c'est la vie, as I'm sure the Lyon fans sitting round me would have said had they lost.

But had we lost to Fulham, then I'd have been well pissed.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.