City Fans Leaving Early/Empty seats

and the other point someone mentioned is I got home at 11 30 with my young grandsons which is not ideal with school thankfully I didn't have to get them up for school

I'll be at Cardiff on Saturday. I'm just not prepared to be an open wallet for the club to dip into whenever it wants. In fact the only season I've been able to commit to CL games regularly was the first one (and maybe the second) as I'm usually out of town for work during the week. And last night was Yom Kippur so no Jewish fans would have been there anyway.

Fair enough and I understand but it grates on me when we have posters on here saying they can't be arsed watching City when it's the club we love and there is no better time to be a Blue.
Sensitive me!

It’s the price and competition for me. I do the same every year, When it comes down to having to pick and choose the odd game to miss to ease the financial burden, its the champions league group games I choose to miss. I just can’t get excited about playing Lyon, hoffenhiem or shakter in a league format. Much rather go to Oxford next week.

I always attend the Champions League games, but it never really gets me excited in the way the Premier League does. The group stages, in particular, can feel like a chore at times.

Fair enough and I understand but it grates on me when we have posters on here saying they can't be arsed watching City when it's the club we love and there is no better time to be a Blue.
Sensitive me!
I understand. When I had a young family & was working away from home Monday to Friday I'd given up my season ticket & wasn't going to very many games in the 1990's but City were always my club first and foremost. When we played Gillingham in the play-off game I was in New York and you should have seen me and my son dancing around the room when Dickov's equaliser came up on the BBC text feed. Then we started going together and went home and away & that enabled us to build a wonderful bond that we still have, even though he's now 5,000 miles away. He would give almost anything to get to games regularly again so I feel a little twinge that there's a game I'm not attending when I can. But this was a point of principle as I felt that there was no need for a piddling little increase when I know that the club were shocked by the reaction to the previous one. I know people also gave up Platinum due to that.

So while it hurts not to go to a home game just a few miles away, I feel that I'm making a point and also getting some of that £40 increase I've been faced with the last two seasons back. And if the club realise that by me posting and tweeting about it, so much the better.

We had around 10,000 short of last Saturdays attendance which I think is reasonable enough, I personally go to all our home games but know plenty of Seasoncard holders who sit near me that don’t go to any midweek cup games, each to their own I say.

I always attend the Champions League games, but it never really gets me excited in the way the Premier League does. The group stages, in particular, can feel like a chore at times.
Do you think it has anything to do with the fact we've rarely had that big game where we won and got people to come back?

Off the top of my head your looking at Barcelona (H) and Bayern 3-2 comeback at home?

So many people saying they don't care about the champs league, yet against Real Madrid in the SF a few years ago and Liverpool last season there was a mad dash for tickets. Lets be honest, a lot of people use the whole 'i hate the champs league / uefa' as an excuse not to go to an unglamourous tie on a weds night. If it was Barca or Real, or a SF, most of those same people would be there in a shot.

28k v Liverpool at MR. FA Cup on a Saturday.

In the last season at Maine Road? Yep, I remember that one. I think it was a Sunday but yeah, it wasn't a sell out (somewhat strangely as Liverpool is a big draw), whereas we played Leeds 2 or 3 seasons earlier in the FA Cup on a Sunday when we were in the 2nd tier and they were top of the Premier League and it sold out no problem.

So many people saying they don't care about the champs league, yet against Real Madrid in the SF a few years ago and Liverpool last season there was a mad dash for tickets. Lets be honest, a lot of people use the whole 'i hate the champs league / uefa' as an excuse not to go to an unglamourous tie on a weds night. If it was Barca or Real, or a SF, most of those same people would be there in a shot.
Remember the ticket office let ppl on scheme get a spare ticket if I remember right and then ppl complained about the 60 for psg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.