City Fans Leaving Early/Empty seats

Part of me thinks its worse this season as from a personal point of view the whole match day experience this season more than ever before is hard work. Personally I do stay to the end the majority of times and in seasons gone by I have never left early but will admit to doing it twice this season.
From the nightmare on the trams getting to the ground to having to queue for around 30 minutes this season to get in Colin bell level entrance p. Then once inside everything is cramped due to this glass tunnel farce, theres no chance of any drinks or refreshment, only chance you've got of a piss is if you leave your seat during the game. The whole experience is shit and then I guess compounded with a game like yesterday where it looked like all our first half efforts may be in vain people choose to duck out early to avoid issues of queues for trams, buses or traffic gridlock on the way out.
Not saying its right but city need to improve the overall match day experience to make coming to the stadium a pleasure rather than the chore that it currrently is.
Somethings are outside of their control but build a few more turnstiles, employ a few more staff, get the guys back who wandered the concourse with the beer packs on their back, provide adequate toilet facilities and people may start to enjoy it again and stay till the end

The laughable thing/comment about people leaving early yesterday,came from Mr Ferris in City Square as we were walking back through to the car,he said something on the lines of for those of you who left early thinking it was gonna end in a draw,were wrong.

I thought to myself,well they didn't leave to rush to get a front row view to wait to listen to his words of wisdom,the clown

Was pretty alarming how many did do one though,but they missed the winner so tough shit as they say

I normally stay to the end, but since the recent increase in capacity, there's definitely been an issue with traffic, before and after the game. In fact, night matches have become a complete pain in the arse.
Can't really understand it for a Sunday lunchtime, but I wouldn't blame anyone for leaving a midweek game a few minutes early.

Ha people actually think this is about being bigger fans than others - the usual go to kneejerkery.

There will always be someone, somewhere with a legitimate reason for leaving early to be fair but as for the rest of them, well it's their choice I suppose but you can see how prickly some of these early leavers are when they get called out for it. I saw people leaving on 78 minutes yesterday - my mate said "Nah, they're just going for a piss". Anyway, he went for a piss moments later and when he got back to his seat he said "Fucking hell, you're right mate - there were people leaving and they were having to open the gates to let them out!"

I understand some of the issues people have with the car parks but not everyone who leaves early drives or parks on the official car parks, and if those people that don't struggle to walk considerable distances but insist on parking on the stadium car parks did just a little bit of research they'd know that you can park 15 minutes walk away from the ground for free, outside the permit zone, and they could stay until the end yet still get a quick getaway and avoid a lot of the traffic problems around the stadium when they get back to their cars.

What hits a nerve is people having this false impression that they are better fans than others for the weakest of reasons. Telling people not to bother turning up - absolute traffic warden material.
But it's not a false impression. Surely supporters who stay to the end are better supporters?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.