City Fans Leaving Early/Empty seats

Weird concept this, but ive tried it loads of times and it works, try not to give a fuck.

When Swansea equalised there was a good ten minutes to go including stoppage time. We were quite poor compared to the first half and that inner fear of us cocking it up in typical City fashion burned strong, but was I going to leave? Was I hell! It is like buying a book then throwing it away before the final chapter, why would you do that??

I can understand if we are winning comfortably or losing heavily as it is a foregone conclusion. To leave when a game is hanging in the balance though is nuts but each to their own I guess.

You're absolutely correct of course but I'm trying to look at all viewpoints. Going to the game is not an everyday event, maybe once a week or fortnight so it's difficult to understand why so many rush to leave early.
I just hope the club are doing everything they can to help.

Thanks Shirley. Good point.

leave even earlier to bet the early leavers, then you get in your car and catch the last few minutes on the radio...

Not too bothered, they were the ones missing out, nothing beats the feeling of a last minute winner. I just wonder if we'd get a few more if the ground wasn't emptying from the 75th minute onwards? Although the atmosphere is dead regardless so I guess it doesnt matter.

The laughable thing/comment about people leaving early yesterday,came from Mr Ferris in City Square as we were walking back through to the car,he said something on the lines of for those of you who left early thinking it was gonna end in a draw,were wrong.

I thought to myself,well they didn't leave to rush to get a front row view to wait to listen to his words of wisdom,the clown

Was pretty alarming how many did do one though,but they missed the winner so tough shit as they say

I must admit Ferret really does 'Smug' a lot better than most. Time to ditch the goon and get someone in who is City through and through!

What hits a nerve is people having this false impression that they are better fans than others for the weakest of reasons. Telling people not to bother turning up - absolute traffic warden material.

But those that stay till the end are better fans as they are more bothered about seeing the team and applauding their efforts win lose or draw rather than wanting to miss some traffic

I don't understand the point of the topic?

Well done you stayed and got to see the winner, literally, that is awesome because you can't beat it.

Unfortunately, the people who chose to leave early missed it, risk of leaving early I suppose but your call isn't it.

That's it. People make their own decisions in life your thread isn't gonna make anyone change that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.