City Fans Leaving Early/Empty seats

I don't like the Champions League never have never will. I don't like UEFA either and their disgraceful treatment of us.
Does anyone seriously think we have any chance of winning this with the corrupt UEFA?
A lot of other fans feel the same as me.
I get it, I do (although the writer of that article missed out shit loads of things about why we have an issue with UEFA!) but you can’t force it.

You cannot make fans love the Champions League just because the owner/Chairman/CEO want us to, just because everyone else seems to lap it up, just because the media promote the gravy train like its the be all and end all.

We’ve been a fan base who have sternly not done what’s expected of us for decades. Through the 90s when United were peaking and winning everything and we were troughing to our lowest, when everyone would expect our support to fall away, our attendances went up! We didn’t join the United bandwagon, we didn’t sack off footy and switch to basketball when the Giants started also being successful with bumper crowds at the MEN, or just sack of sport altogether and just go to gigs instead... we stayed with our footy team.

Now when everyone just expects us to get into bed with a snake of an organisation like UEFA and join in the Champions League bandwagon with all the sheep, many have stayed stern and not done what’s expected.

I think some people really have lost touch with the sheer amount of things they’ve done either in direct opposition to us, to hinder us or simply just to piss us off.

Those that haven’t forgotten haven’t just pandered to UEFA saying “ooh it’s okay, we don’t mind that you and the G14 thought up this competition in its current format to keep the same teams earning money and keep them at the top over everyone else, we don’t mind that the way seedings are done means the G14 teams got easier draws for the Group Stage meaning it was more likely they’d qualify for the latter stages, we don’t mind that you brought in FFPR to hinder us, we don’t mind that you moved the goalposts after we’d already sent our application to comply meaning we failed, we don’t mind that that meant a fine and squad limitations, we don’t mind that we’re fined more for accumulating yellow cards than another club was for their fans’ monkey chanting, we don’t mind that we were fined more for being late out to the second half than another club was for their fans’ monkey chanting, we don’t mind that CSKA fans were allowed in after they were banned for racist chanting and as a result you relaxed their ban despite the rule flaunting, we don’t mind that you warned our fans over our conduct for chanting “you’re not incredible” at Hulk, we don’t mind that you banned Kiev fans for racism and violence from the Group Stage only to rescind that ban as soon as they pulled us out of the hat for the Ro16, we don’t mind that you changed the way seedings worked for the pots in the Group Stage as soon as we got ourselves into Pot 1 or 2 or when some G14 clubs started sliding out of Pot 1 or 2, we don’t mind that you brought in FFPR2, we don’t mind that your ex-President used to make questionable comments about clubs like City who have new money and could upset the old UEFA-G14 apple cart, we don’t mind that one of your Exec Comittee who just happens to be United’s ex-CEO wants to give more ranking points to previous winners of the competition than the likes of City or Leicester and wants to just let in the likes of United Liverpool Milan and Inter (who just happen to be G14 clubs) even if they don’t qualify through their league places, we don’t mind that there have been a number of hot and cold ball claims for draws over the years, we don’t mind that you ban our managers for speaking out about appalling refereeing standards in the competition, we don’t mind about that disgraceful night at Stamford Bridge in 2009, we don’t care that you hand out fines willy-nilly just to earn yourself a bit more money, we don’t mind that you’ve warned us over our conduct about booing the anthem over all of this^... we just want to get on the bandwagon with everyone else and forget about all this shit and join in with the corruption!”

Now some of us turn up, boo the anthem, and then get behind the players who may well not care about any of that. Some of show our protest by not going. Some of us go and have fully joined that bandwagon and love it as much as any competition. Some of us are indifferent, not enjoying the CL as much as the Prem for none of the reasons above.

But you will not change the stance of many of those people from one extreme to another just because people think that’s what should be done. That’s not what City fans are or have ever been about. We are hard faced twats who don’t comply with the mainstream and will say “fuck you” whenever we’re not happy with something rather than pander to it in case we get a telling off from David Gill and his cronies.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't like the Champions League never have never will. I don't like UEFA either and their disgraceful treatment of us.
Does anyone seriously think we have any chance of winning this with the corrupt UEFA?
A lot of other fans feel the same as me.
Time to give up football Matt. I seriously think we have an amazing chance to be the kings of Europe so do our owners. Hopefully you'll stay away from it when we win it. Football throughout is corrupt including the prem.

I think the point is, you try to get two together on the OS, but you can't. Then you see groups of 5-6 seats or more empty at the match.
You can get two together if you look online but not through the OS.
Whether that's the site's fault or club ticketing policy is up for debate, but it is a real problem.

I agree it’s a problem mate. I think the main issue cause is people hoarding season cards who just want to go to the big games

I agree it’s a problem mate. I think the main issue cause is people hoarding season cards who just want to go to the big games
That’s become an issue since tickets started increasing in price to the point where fans who’d go every week and have been priced out have been replaced with fans/people only interested in going to the big games.

Are you Dave Whelan? I doubt it as I know he likes to keep quiet about any injuries he had, but thought it worth asking.
Perhaps if you took more time reading my post you would see my explanation for the disclosure of my age etc:
Instead of which you try be a smart boy with your comment about Dave Whelan. I rest my case about about respect. Or as in your case the lack of it, if you lack the true understanding of our written word. You might be advised to change your allegiance and become a Liverpool Supporter.

Perhaps if you took more time reading my post you would see my explanation for the disclosure of my age etc:
Instead of which you try be a smart boy with your comment about Dave Whelan. I rest my case about about respect. Or as in your case the lack of it, if you lack the true understanding of our written word. You might be advised to change your allegiance and become a Liverpool Supporter.

I "liked" your first post but you should cut Johnnytapia some slack. I think it was an attempt at humor.

I read your post carefully. I'm sure it mentioned comedic and self deprecating genes somewhere.

I get it, I do (although the writer of that article missed out shit loads of things about why we have an issue with UEFA!) but you can’t force it.

You cannot make fans love the Champions League just because the owner/Chairman/CEO want us to, just because everyone else seems to lap it up, just because the media promote the gravy train like its the be all and end all.

We’ve been a fan base who have sternly not done what’s expected of us for decades. Through the 90s when United were peaking and winning everything and we were troughing to our lowest, when everyone would expect our support to fall away, our attendances went up! We didn’t join the United bandwagon, we didn’t sack off footy and switch to basketball when the Giants started also being successful with bumper crowds at the MEN, or just sack of sport altogether and just go to gigs instead... we stayed with our footy team.

Now when everyone just expects us to get into bed with a snake of an organisation like UEFA and join in the Champions League bandwagon with all the sheep, many have stayed stern and not done what’s expected.

I think some people really have lost touch with the sheer amount of things they’ve done either in direct opposition to us, to hinder us or simply just to piss us off.

Those that haven’t forgotten haven’t just pandered to UEFA saying “ooh it’s okay, we don’t mind that you and the G14 thought up this competition in its current format to keep the same teams earning money and keep them at the top over everyone else, we don’t mind that the way seedings are done means the G14 teams got easier draws for the Group Stage meaning it was more likely they’d qualify for the latter stages, we don’t mind that you brought in FFPR to hinder us, we don’t mind that you moved the goalposts after we’d already sent our application to comply meaning we failed, we don’t mind that that meant a fine and squad limitations, we don’t mind that we’re fined more for accumulating yellow cards than another club was for their fans’ monkey chanting, we don’t mind that we were fined more for being late out to the second half than another club was for their fans’ monkey chanting, we don’t mind that CSKA fans were allowed in after they were banned for racist chanting and as a result you relaxed their ban despite the rule flaunting, we don’t mind that you warned our fans over our conduct for chanting “you’re not incredible” at Hulk, we don’t mind that you banned Kiev fans for racism and violence from the Group Stage only to rescind that ban as soon as they pulled us out of the hat for the Ro16, we don’t mind that you changed the way seedings worked for the pots in the Group Stage as soon as we got ourselves into Pot 1 or 2 or when some G14 clubs started sliding out of Pot 1 or 2, we don’t mind that you brought in FFPR2, we don’t mind that your ex-President used to make questionable comments about clubs like City who have new money and could upset the old UEFA-G14 apple cart, we don’t mind that one of your Exec Comittee who just happens to be United’s ex-CEO wants to give more ranking points to previous winners of the competition than the likes of City or Leicester and wants to just let in the likes of United Liverpool Milan and Inter (who just happen to be G14 clubs) even if they don’t qualify through their league places, we don’t mind that there have been a number of hot and cold ball claims for draws over the years, we don’t mind that you ban our managers for speaking out about appalling refereeing standards in the competition, we don’t mind about that disgraceful night at Stamford Bridge in 2009, we don’t care that you hand out fines willy-nilly just to earn yourself a bit more money, we don’t mind that you’ve warned us over our conduct about booing the anthem over all of this^... we just want to get on the bandwagon with everyone else and forget about all this shit and join in with the corruption!”

Now some of us turn up, boo the anthem, and then get behind the players who may well not care about any of that. Some of show our protest by not going. Some of us go and have fully joined that bandwagon and love it as much as any competition. Some of us are indifferent, not enjoying the CL as much as the Prem for none of the reasons above.

But you will not change the stance of many of those people from one extreme to another just because people think that’s what should be done. That’s not what City fans are or have ever been about. We are hard faced twats who don’t comply with the mainstream and will say “fuck you” whenever we’re not happy with something rather than pander to it in case we get a telling off from David Gill and his cronies.

Wow, if there was a prize for Post of the year, you, in my eyes have just won it. You have said everything I feel. Yes I still go to Chumps League matches, all homes and as many aways as I can, but that doesn't mean I support/like the corrupt bastards running the shit show.
Excellent post.

Some people have made the comment that City don't have enough casual supporters in Manchester to cover the none-attending season ticket holders which is obviously true, but I don't think they realise the numbers involved.

I don't know them either for sure, but I have a very strong impression that rather than the same old seasoncard base turning up as usual,and no one else,it was a mass stay-away of tens of thousands of seasoncard holders replaced by tens of thousands of new supporters.

That's both encouraging and discouraging. It suggests that we may have the same problem again in the later group games. It also suggest that a lot of fans have given up on the Champions League Cup scheme. I think the club should try and relaunch this.

Some people have made the comment that City don't have enough casual supporters in Manchester to cover the none-attending season ticket holders which is obviously true, but I don't think they realise the numbers involved.

I don't know them either for sure, but I have a very strong impression that rather than the same old seasoncard base turning up as usual,and no one else,it was a mass stay-away of tens of thousands of seasoncard holders replaced by tens of thousands of new supporters.

That's both encouraging and discouraging. It suggests that we may have the same problem again in the later group games. It also suggest that a lot of fans have given up on the Champions League Cup scheme. I think the club should try and relaunch this.

It’s definately a different bunch on the whole at CL games. There will always be a hardcore of 25-30000 fans who go to every game but there are a lot of casuals at these games but not enough to fill the ground. More ST holders show up for the bigger games like Barca but I guess there will also be bigger demand from everyone for those games.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.