City Fans Leaving Early/Empty seats

This may have been mentioned previously......but does anyone else think the stadium may be a contributing factor? Lets face it,its hardly welcoming.....it's cold in appearance and it has zero atmosphere,it simply doesn't have the magic that Maine Rd had.Its also difficult to access,park and get away from.Maybe alot of folk just cant be arsed with the hassle?

Just a thought.

Don't kid yourself abt Maine roads atmosphere, those last 10 years were painfull. Every other game was flat as a pancake too.

I know a life long blue with prenounced chest and lung difficulties..he was 'helped' by the club with tickets in the south stand tier 3....on quite a few occasions we d walk to the match together...by half time he d be back home having being exhausted and struggling for breath after his climb to the third tier. ..no lift facilities for the section he was seated in i seem to recall him saying .its a real, live issue.

I can also remember newcastle away a couple of seasons ago watching an elderly City fan,who could barely walk,making his way,alone ,up the hill from the city centre to the ground ,shuffling along painfully slowly,but determined to get there; there was nothing i could do but say hello,smile, and have a quick conversation with him.Us able bodied fans never really think about those less mobile than ourselves ...and .perhaps some of those who leave early at home matches have to get back to look after infirm or disabled family members..having just nipped out for as long as they can risk to see the blues but not wanting a their trip home to be extended by say an hour and a half due to congestion problems.
The 'issue' of fans leaving early is maybe not as simplistic for all those who do so,and some of these dedicated carers must cringe when ofhers comment on there early leaving,borne ouf of dedicated care,rather than ambivilence to the outcome of matches.

Last edited:
Don't agree City fans don't like the cl.If we got to the final everyone would want a ticket and a lot would be willing to pay a small fortune for one.

2012 helped create a genuine connection,but the aura of Maine Rd,where i could feel the history,the magic and the passion.....despite what we were being subjected to on the pitch.......simply hasn't yet been replicated,for me.I think many others feel similar and its why they will accept staying at home and watching the box or a dodgy stream.

I cant buy that- we have been here 15 years now - a long time - this stadium holds a lot of memories for me and I love it. Loved Maine Road but life moves on. I will give you that Maine Road was far easier to get to and from - the advantage being that it has princess parkway and Wilms low road as well as a million buses going from it.

I know a life long blue with prenounced chest and lung difficulties..he was 'helped' by the club with tickets in the south stand tier 3....on quite a few occasions we d walk to the match together...by half time he d be back home having being exhausted and struggling for breath after his climb to the third tier. ..no lift facilities for the section he was seated in i seem to recall him saying .its a real, live issue.

I can also remember newcastle away a couple of seasons ago watching an elderly City fan,who could barely walk,making his way,alone ,up the hill from the city centre to the ground ,shuffling along painfully slowly,but determined to get there; there was nothing i could do but say hello,smile, and have a quick conversation with him.Us able bodied fans never really think about those less mobile than ourselves ...and .perhaps some of those who leave early at home matches have to get back to look after infirm or disabled family members..having just nipped out for as long as they can risk to see the blues but not wanting a their trip home to be extended by say an hour and a half due to congestion problems.
The 'issue' of fans leaving early is maybe not as simplistic for all those who do so,and some of these dedicated carers must cringe when ofhers comment on there early leaving,borne ouf of dedicated care,rather than ambivilence to the outcome of matches.

sorry but there is lift to the 3rd tier then you are on the concourse, then it depends where he sits, if it is up in the gods AA and upwards then he will not be able to get up there with the steps

I cant buy that- we have been here 15 years now - a long time - this stadium holds a lot of memories for me and I love it. Loved Maine Road but life moves on. I will give you that Maine Road was far easier to get to and from - the advantage being that it has princess parkway and Wilms low road as well as a million buses going from it.
That's cool.I'm just offering my own feelings,and the possibility that others may share them.

had a bit of an insight as to how garbage citys online ticket system is today and probably the main reason why city often cannot fill the ground ; - tried to buy 2 on mancity.com for brighton at home . only single seats dotted around the stadium (wanted 2 together) and none of them anywhere near each other . price around 39 quid each . if you google man city tickets it comes up with "stubhub" offering 2 together at 75 quid each !!! i am a ST holder so they were not for me , the lad who wanted them has now decided not to bother !!! you can bet your life there will be loads of empties on the day ?

What’s that got to do with the City ticket site mate?

I'd agree with that. There's a lot of myth about Maine Road - my memory though is that it wasn't a great stadium, we had fuck all success, and the facilities were shite. I had some great times, and the last Derby was fantastic, but a lot of the memories are about our fans support in times of adversity - Arsenal battering us at home, Wenger bringing Henry off the bench, and the Kippax singing "you don't know what you're doing" - I still laugh about that day. However, there were plenty of times when the Platt Lane had empty seats, and plenty of times when the atmosphere was shite as well. It's just City fans.

Maybe we can learn from the Yanks. A free can of beer at the final whistle inside the ground!!!!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.