City Fans Leaving Early/Empty seats

Agree but arsenal aren’t playing in the champions league. Big difference imo.
Not really it's still a European competition.

Also Arsenal were missing lots of fans in PL games last year so it's not a one off.

I don't actually care just pointing out that it seems to be a stick only used against us.

Dropped out of the CL scheme for the first time this season and personally know loads of ST holders doing the same.

The group stages simply don’t interest me anymore, what sealed it was realising the chances of getting a ticket for the final with the way Eufa distribute allocations for the final are virtually zero.Was it 12000 for each club at the recent Russian final ?

Not even mithered about the knock out stages if I’m honest, what’s the point in attending all the games only to find out you wouldn’t get one for the final?

Does anybody know how many are on the CL scheme these days ?

What’s that got to do with the City ticket site mate?

I think the point is, you try to get two together on the OS, but you can't. Then you see groups of 5-6 seats or more empty at the match.
You can get two together if you look online but not through the OS.
Whether that's the site's fault or club ticketing policy is up for debate, but it is a real problem.

I think a big issue is not being able to purchase a ticket on the night of the game a number of my friends can’t always guarantee times they get home from work and also when they do find themselves at home and fancy going game they don’t have that option.

I am now 71 in years and have followed, City from the early 1960s. I was a season ticket holder at Maine Road
as I am at the Etihad . I sit in the East Stand Level 3 towards the back. I leave when the playing time is showing
86 minutes. Later if there is a substancal amount of added time, my age together with the after effects of a having
Suffered a broken kneecap in 7 places . Resulting in a step in my kneecap I have a 15 minutes walk to meet the coach. The reason for my detailing my age and health, is that no one should sit in judgment until you have walked
mile in their shoes . When I see posts on this site complaing about the cost and quality of the beer or pies for sale.
I ask myself do you want to eat and drink or watch a football match? Life is about respect therefore I will respect
any supporter eating and drinking as much as they consume. Without causing any problems to other supports match
day expereance . This is my first and most probably my last post, before all those Degree holding, English Grammer
experts and all others who might be tempted to have rubbish my post. Perhaps we should try to show the class
that goes hand in glove with the comedic and self deprecating genes that should run through the veins of a true.
Man City fan

Seems Arsenal fans want the club to rescind season tickets of fans who cherry pick matches.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/footbal...-trust-urge-club-rescind-season-tickets-fans/
If they can track which games these people are attending, which they can, and it does turn out to be that they’re only attending the high profile games then maybe it’s not a bad idea. If these people are just leaving their seat empty and arsenal have others wanting tickets then that would/should be a way of dealing with it.

We don’t have that problem I’m afraid. We simply don’t have enough casual fans to supplement the shortfall at cup games. There aren’t enough blues looking for tickets and there’s nothing the club can do about that. They make tickets cheap, for some that’s an incentive, for others it means they can afford to “lose” that money by simply not attending. I like the idea of season ticket holders being able to surrender their seats to people as some of these people just can’t afford to take a couple of kids to a game. At the Etihad, there are plenty of no shows for league games, I don’t get it personally but that’s just me. I don’t care who we’re playing, I’m there to watch City regardless of who we’re playing. Same with the early leavers. Some will have reasons to leave, others just want to leave, it’s their choice.

As for the atmosphere, it’s shite, always has been. Nothing to do with the shape of the stadium, location of the away fans or the design of the roof. On the very odd occasion, we’ve made it bounce. As did Bayern, aris and Lech Poznan to name a few. The only thing that will sort the atmosphere out is more people making noise. For as long as the club prioritise the circus on a match day rather than the match it’s just enforced fun. Completely unnecessary and I honestly think it puts some people off going. I sit in the 3rd tier in the south stand. Never fills up until after kick off. Some of the blokes who stand near us always miss kick off because, in their words, they don’t want to listen to all that shite...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.