City Fans Leaving Early/Empty seats

It’s just the juxtaposition.

On the one hand, you’re telling everyone that the M1 is open all night for fans to travel to and from Wembley, whilst you can’t be arsed to stay to the end at our home stadium.

I get that life is full of contradictions, but whenever I go to a game, I’ll stay til the end, whether City are involved or not. It’s just odd to leave early.
Not that the two issues are connected but you’re wilfully ignoring the relative importance of humdrum home games as opposed to semis and finals at Wembley.

It’s not odd to leave early at all. It’s odd to assume that everybody should behave the exact same way without introducing any context to the argument. There are myriad reasons why people might want / need to leave early.

The only answer that most early leavers have is that they've paid for their ticket and can do what they want.
Which is true of course, but it's still shit.
Oh and for the record, the players think it's a bit shit too..
Untrue comment, it’s not on the record

Yeah you’re right, I can’t imagine the players want to see a full stadium at the end of the match, there’ll be much more rewarded by a sparse smattering of supporters
I think it depends on the circumstances of the match. Like everything else in life if a lap of honour to a packed stadium happened after every home game it’d soon lose its attraction to them and to us.

It’s best saved for special occasions

Not that the two issues are connected but you’re wilfully ignoring the relative importance of humdrum home games as opposed to semis and finals at Wembley.

It’s not odd to leave early at all. It’s odd to assume that everybody should behave the exact same way without introducing any context to the argument. There are myriad reasons why people might want / need to leave early.
This is the crux of the problem.

Some people think that all games are the same and you‘re there to support your team whatever the situation.

Others think differently.

This is the crux of the problem.

Some people think that all games are the same and you‘re there to support your team whatever the situation.

Others think differently.
“Support” takes many forms though

We’re straying dangerously close to the Person A is a “better” supporter than Person B argument here

Links ?

All players ?
I managed to negate the travel issues back from Wembley by leaving at half time.

That meant that I’m a proper blue by making the pilgrimage, but alleviating the travel issues by leaving at half time.

I believe that I’ve found the perfect balance to being a top blue.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.