City Fans Leaving Early/Empty seats

Is it time society shunned early leavers? Are they the strangest cult in modern times? Should we show more compassion? Is it an illness that creates an urge to get home for celebrity pointless? Is missing name an African country that begins with a letter between C and M question to much to bear?

Last edited:
Is it time society shunned early leavers? Are they the strangest cult in modern times? Should we show more compassion? Is it an illness that creates an urge to get home for celebrity pointless? Is missing name an African country that begins with a letter between C and M question to much to bare?
Or bear….

Jesus, if there was ever an excuse to leave early, it was when Pearce was manager!!
Not really. I stayed until the end as there was a slight chance we might score a goal. - Indeed we missed penalties in the final two home games just to con the fans into believing we might see one.
Under Pep we know there will be a goal or three in the next game so people piss off early.
I can understand those that go with a few minutes remaining, but not on 75 minutes knowing there is the likelihood of at least five minutes stoppage time.

They are going down.

That is their official club commentator lashing out cos they got twatted off City again. Delicious that this is what my City are doing to people’s heads. Their problem that they are childish fannyfarts who can’t take defeat with dignity - despite ample practice - not ours.
To be fair having just listened to that commentary about the ground being half full he’s only saying what everyone left in the ground is thinking.
Good on him for calling it out

It's just a symptom of modern football and modern life in general. People pay a shit tonne of money and so want the 'consumer' freedom to experience it how they choose, anything they miss they can catch up with on a screen later. You might say it's not the same but half the developed world lives large chunks of it's life through a smartphone these days. There's a hundred and one competing things that people either 'have' to do or choose to do rather than sit in traffic for a time. Modern life encourages you to charge from one thing to the next, time spent savouring (or empathising) is time wasted because whilst you're savouring you're not ready to be sold the next lot of shit.

I would prefer it if everyone/most both stayed and were vocal but that's a pipe dream. To make it happen you have to put the genie back in the bottle and make football a local devotion again with much less to compete with, rather than a multi-channel global entertainment/leisure product competing with a myriad of other choices and distractions. Futile to have a go at each other about it.

That said later today we are playing (once again) at the apex of club football so come rain or shine anyone leaving early tonight needs a good kicking :-)

It's just a symptom of modern football and modern life in general. People pay a shit tonne of money and so want the 'consumer' freedom to experience it how they choose, anything they miss they can catch up with on a screen later. You might say it's not the same but half the developed world lives large chunks of it's life through a smartphone these days. There's a hundred and one competing things that people either 'have' to do or choose to do rather than sit in traffic for a time. Modern life encourages you to charge from one thing to the next, time spent savouring (or empathising) is time wasted because whilst you're savouring you're not ready to be sold the next lot of shit.

I would prefer it if everyone/most both stayed and were vocal but that's a pipe dream. To make it happen you have to put the genie back in the bottle and make football a local devotion again with much less to compete with, rather than a multi-channel global entertainment/leisure product competing with a myriad of other choices and distractions. Futile to have a go at each other about it.

That said later today we are playing (once again) at the apex of club football so come rain or shine anyone leaving early tonight needs a good kicking :-)
Very considered and intelligent post this mate. Still makes me laugh how people try to make excuses for habitual leaving early though, when really it means they aren't real supporters but rather spectators

It becomes a habit. It's definitely a shorter journey home if you leave a bit earlier, but even when the kick off time is 12.30pm and you think those people would therefore have more of an afternoon anyway, they're in the habit of leaving early so continue to do so. I used to have to get the last train back to Sheffield in my uni days so the midweek evening games were cutting it fine if I stayed until the end, but I always did I just had to run faster to get back to Piccadilly!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.