City Fans Leaving Early/Empty seats

Hammers season ticket 35+ years, always left early and never really given a shit if that doesn't make me a 'proper supporter'

Upton Park would leave early so didn't get caught up in Blackwall tunnel, which was a nightmare.

O/S leave early to fit on the train and not have to be squashed with hundreds of others.

when i say leave early, would often be with a couple mins left and i'd sprint to the car/train. if i miss a last min winner (rarely) then so be it, still chuffed it happened.

Fans are supposed to be more committed than supporters, the clue is in the name.

Not that it means anything, but Googled the differences and this paragraph came up on some Chelsea site. Pretty much what my thoughts on what the differences are too.

'By these definitions a fan is someone that has an interest or admiration for a sport, art form or famous person – i.e. highlighting the often passing interest in something rooted in attraction, personalities or entertainment whereas a supporter is someone who is actively interested in (i.e. goes to games) and wishes success for a particular team (i.e. gets behind them in the hope that they will succeed)!'

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.