City Fans Leaving Early/Empty seats

I stay 'til the end because I paid to watch in person and make more than 3-10 minutes effort to go, which doesn't make any worthwhile difference in the sense of leaving early and the reason for being there.

I remember going to a game when I was about 8 and we were getting beat 4-0 with 5 mins to go. I said to my Dad I wanted to go and he reluctantly agreed and when we got back to the car I found out that we actually got beat 4-1. I still feel as though my Dad has never forgiven me for missing that goal and I've never left a City game early since then.

I wouldn't place myself into one of the groups as for me it varies from match to match.

I was always encouraged as a kid to stay til' the end and applaud the players, and also as when we were "shit"
The games were more unpredictable so losing 2-1 right near the end and leaving could potentially mean missing the equaliser.

These days we may be 4-0 up or something so there isn't much necessity for the players to need support, less likely to concede 5 goals (although with Bravo you never know)

So yea if the game is done and dusted I will leave earlier to avoid traffic/metrolink queue.

More important games like say the season finale obviously I'll stay.

I remember going to a game when I was about 8 and we were getting beat 4-0 with 5 mins to go. I said to my Dad I wanted to go and he reluctantly agreed and when we got back to the car I found out that we actually got beat 4-1. I still feel as though my Dad has never forgiven me for missing that goal and I've never left a City game early since then.

I left Wembley at the full members cup final v Chelsea (younger fans may have to google that!!) at 4-1 down, heard them score again as we left the ground.

Got home and taxi driver from piccadilly was saying how unlucky we were, didn't have a clue as no mobile phones in them days.

Couldn't believe it when i found out it had ended 5-4, never left early again after that.

Always stay till the end to clap the players off win lose or draw, don't see the point of going early, if you leave 10 minutes early each home game your missing the equivalent of 2 games a season

I only get to about two-three matches per season. Bloody sure I stay to the end after bothering to come over from Dublin.

I watch all the games on TV though and my New years resolution is to stop turning the match off 10 minutes from the end.

Do I qualify for the club?

I stay until the end because I've paid to watch the full match and I want to support the players. If we, the supporters,can't be bothered to watch the full match then what message does that send to the players. Why should they care?

Would you go to the cinema and leave before the end? Would you go to the theatre and leave before the end ? Would you get up and leave the table on a meal out before everyone had finished?

Why pay to watch a match and only see 80 minutes!? Stop embarrassing our club ffs

sums up my thoughts perfectly. add in the amount of late goals we score, how can anyone without a genuine reason, leave on 80 minutes. pay all that money and dont watch it - its bizarre

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.