City fans writing John Stones off too early?

As others have posted , his downward trajectory has coincided with his personal issues , still think there is a top players inside there somewhere but if Pep cannot turn his career around no one can , Stones needs to give is head a wobble , he's at one of the best clubs with the best manager and paid a fortune , he will never get a better a chance of getting to the top than this. Would give him another year and if he doesnt sort himself out f*ck him off , he's at the last chance saloon.

So disappointed in Stones, should be captain and bossing defence at this stage of his career. We can't keep waiting for a player who has not progressed since we signed him. Frequently injured and looking shell shocked when he does get to play. Pep may have already made a decision to get rid this summer. A very expensive flop thus far unfortunately.

Not going to lie, I’ve completely written him off, I think his heads gone unfortunately and we should cash in.

He’s got an incredible record alongside Laporte, they complement each other so well. Laporte attacks on the front foot, allowing Stones to sweep in behind.

He’s not capable of leading the line himself, and should never play alongside Otamendi ever again. But alongside Laporte, that’s a combination with a proven track record of winning big games and winning trophies.

Is this true of our record with Stones and Laporte?

Genuine question, and no stats to hand. But I‘ve never been entirely convinced of them as a pairing, and have in mind that a majority of our defeats/weaker defensive performances last season were when they played together. Could be entirely wrong.

I don't think he's really worth replacing in a summer where we need also need big signings at left back and up front.

We'd need to replace him with a Home Grown player, so it would be Ake or Holgate. Is Ake any better than Stones? Is Holgate?

We'd surely lose money and probably not upgrade on him. Keep him as cover and move on Otamendi.

Signing Koulibaly would give us a world class partner for Laporte, a leader at the back and cover for the left sided centre back position.

Those 2 plus Garcia and Stones, plus Dinho and Harwood Bellis as backup is more than enough IMO. Extend and loan Tosin to a Prem side.

If come January Stones is still struggling, then move him on and give Harwood Bellis more minutes or recall Tosin from loan.

Just my two pence.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.