City fans writing John Stones off too early?

If he leaves will forever be idolised for that 11mm goal line clearance last year.

A very elegant player but he does seem to have gone off the rails a bit on the pitch. Can't speak to off it, people are complicated so he deserves some slack.

If Arteta wants him at Arsenal that could be good for him. A fresh start, a bit less pressure and a great environment.

To be honest I'd love to see him go out on loan to see if he can get his mojo back.
Maybe Leeds would be a good fit, or maybe Bournemouth if we do buy Ake.
A well motivated and confident Stones is a great thing- we simply haven't seen it for a long time or enough of it to give him the benefit of the doubt

To be honest I'd love to see him go out on loan to see if he can get his mojo back.
Maybe Leeds would be a good fit, or maybe Bournemouth if we do buy Ake.
A well motivated and confident Stones is a great thing- we simply haven't seen it for a long time or enough of it to give him the benefit of the doubt

He is a defender who cannot defend. This City team should be perfect for him because we don’t do much defending. Wherever he goes, he will look even worse. He will be going to a side worse than us and where he will have to defend.

At his peak in the early part of the 2017/18 season he was immense, confident on the ball, strong in the tackle. Then I think away at Leicester in the League in November he pulled his hamstring and unfortunately ever since then it has been a catalogue of injuries, loss of form and off the field issues.

Real shame it has not worked out for Stones, but his time is up at City.

Yes, it is a shame it has not worked out but we cannot go into another season with two error prone centre halfs as back up.

As so many players have developed under Pep, Stones has stood still and after 4 years he has more than enough chances. Watching Stones and Otamendi together at Norwich away was laughable.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.