City fans writing John Stones off too early?

Garcia starting tonight seems pretty ominous. Looks like it’s going to be Laporte and Garcia for Madrid, barring injury.

Would have liked to see Stones given a couple of games alongside Laporte to see if they could rekindle their fantastic record as a pair.

Stones is done. He's had three months in four years where he's looked like a £50m defender.

He's average on the ball and lacks any sort of aggression. Laporte made the jump in six months that Stones has been unable to make in four years.

Its time for the club to be ruthless.

Stones is an awful player who suffers through nerves and confidence when out on the pitch. Too afraid to pass the ball forward in case
he misplaces it. Really never looks like hes enjoying his profession of being a footballer. Maybe if he went back to Everton where expectations of
him might not be as high he might thrive again, which i'd be made up for him. There's a level of england players that the media build up at international
level that i just dont rate, pickford maguire and stones being 3

I think his concentration levels are the problem. When he's got fuck all to do for long periods of time he switches off at the point he is needed. Maybe that's why he did well at Everton cause he was constantly under pressure

Sadly he hasn't met his potential, which he had bags of.

Lovely on the ball but for me, a CB should be a dominant presence, which he just isn't. He's basically too nice.

I lost interest in that period earlier this season when he turned up for a game with a black eye looking like he'd spent 3 months living rough hammering the Spice.

There are better CBs out there, so for me, he can be replaced.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.