City feature film coming Summer 2010

Update on this from how-do.co.uk :-

Manchester City FC and production company Endemol Sport have confirmed that they have teamed up to create what they are calling 'a landmark feature film' about the Premiership club.

Titled Blue Moon Rising, the film is set for release in cinemas in the Summer, with Endemol Worldwide Distribution handling TV and DVD distribution following its run-out on the silver screen.

The news follows on the back of rumours earlier in the year, suggesting that Endemol (which has a deal in place to help City build its brand globally) was set to make a TV documentary. At the time there was no indication that the production would secure a cinema release.

Blue Moon Rising focuses on a group of City fans through the 09/10 season, capturing their emotions in victory and defeat, while also taking the viewer (who we presume is also a fan) into the boardroom with exclusive footage and access to the club's new owners.

An interview with Noel Gallagher is also featured.

Manchester City's brand and marketing officer David Pullan said of the project: "Blue Moon Rising reinforces Manchester City's standing as the most fascinating story in the world of football.

"We wanted to give football fans around the world a unique insight into the club and its future by getting them close to the action in this unique year.

"It will be a lasting testimony to one of the most exciting years in Manchester City's history."

The film is directed by Stewart Sugg and produced by Nick London.

Endemol Sport MD Gregg Oldfield added: "This promises to be an entertaining, intimate, and funny film that reveals a passion for football rarely seen before on the silver screen."

True_Blue69 said:
Im in it. Looking forward to seeing it, should be good.

-- Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:11 am --

Pigeonho said:
And thats the word right there. For me I would have made a film, by all means, but fro, this season and over the next few seasons until that word can change to 'risen', i.e. when we've won something. Maybe that was the intention, and they expected us to win something this year? I just think its a bit big-headed of the film-maker to make a film about the rise of man city, when infact nothing has happened other than we've come into a load of dosh and assembled a decent squad.

If youre planning on making a film theres no way you can guarantee you will win something at the end of the season. Hopefully it will have a good ending as they are filming at West Ham away.....

Me and my Mrs are in it to we came in last minute but enjoyed it

My brother who lives in Melbourne and sometimes posts on here, told me about this in January - he was home for our Dads funeral. He has seen a rough 10 min edit of the film and was amazed by the quality - some state of the art cameras were used in the filming. He said that Noel Gallagher is interviewed as is Mancini, but the piece with Tevez is dynamite - he said that Tevez goes on about leaving the Rags and Ferguson, so good that the press will have a field day

bluwes said:
BingoBango said:
This is the one that a few folk off here were interviewd for, yes?

<a class="postlink" href="http://mcfc.co.uk/News/Club-news/2010/April/MCFC-feature-film-announced" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://mcfc.co.uk/News/Club-news/2010/A ... -announced</a>

Hope its in 3D

imagine this goal in 3d (1:09)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vv2zXBuFc8[/youtube]

Me and my Mrs are in it to we came in last minute but enjoyed it
[/quote]

That you were, I was one of the three mates. I would say the one with the daft hat, but there were many!<br /><br />-- Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:42 pm --<br /><br />I was also in it, the crew did a really good job at portraying the fans emotions and the ups and downs of the club. Can't wait to see it!

Can't wait for this. Might as well be cringeworthy but there's no doubt it will look brilliant, and I think they'll get the feel too. Don't really understand how it's a feature film, I mean it's still basically a documentary, right?

GoForGlory said:
Can't wait for this. Might as well be cringeworthy but there's no doubt it will look brilliant, and I think they'll get the feel too. Don't really understand how it's a feature film, I mean it's still basically a documentary, right?

It was described to me as a docu-film if that makes any sense!!

Nope, we were all just fans, fans made up the extras, fans played the main parts as far as I know, in my scenes we were all fans

Dannyc_city said:
Nope, we were all just fans, fans made up the extras, fans played the main parts as far as I know, in my scenes we were all fans

Alright, that's what I first thought. Personally I'd love to see some actual, real behind the scenes stuff. Follow the team properly for a season with cameras on the busses, in the dressing room (not in that way), in training etc. Like they did with Sunderland like 10+ years ago. Guess people aren't too comfortable with that though, but it does make for some very interesting stuff.

This won't be anything like that obviously but it will probably give an unprecedented look at the club and the football itself, should be great.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.