City & FFP | 2020/21 Accounts released | Revenues of £569.8m, £2.4m profit (p 2395)

Re: City & FFP (continued)

George Hannah said:
fbloke said:
UEFA are now having to adjust to these new realities as driven by CFG in their application of FFP.
their adjustment will take the form of finding a way to disallow income from them for FFP I predict

In all seriousness I think UEFA have had a warning from ADUG/CFG on the fair application of FFP and have more than likely been told not to push their luck any further.

City are bad. If rivals write letters together...

[bigimg]http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/01/14/article-2261817-16E9561C000005DC-915_634x286.jpg[/bigimg]

Monopoly, Sky TV, UEFA, FIFA etc - they all want more, but not at the expense of upsetting the established elite.

FFP should focus on making all top flight levels in Europe have:

X number of homegrown players.
X number as a squad limit.
X number of seats in the stadia.
X number of home, away and 3rd shirts per every decade
X as being the top price per game of football
X% amount invested into local academy, facilities, women's and youth teams
Penalties of transfers/loan deals etc for clubs in debt or clubs with owners in serious debt.

They should be phased in, rather than forced in - and be properly tested against laws, legal ramifications etc. Everything must be transparent, and not this stained-smeared scuffed perspex FFP waffle that is in now...

George Hannah said:
fbloke said:
UEFA are now having to adjust to these new realities as driven by CFG in their application of FFP.
their adjustment will take the form of finding a way to disallow income from them for FFP I predict

You old cynic you! It's almost as if you're suggesting they're a bent bunch of cunts intentionally looking to nobble the one club that threatens the interests of the old guard............!

fbloke said:
George Hannah said:
fbloke said:

In all seriousness I think UEFA have had a warning from ADUG/CFG on the fair application of FFP and have more than likely been told not to push their luck any further.

Sadly this is not true.
It's City that have had the warning from UEFA about the allocation of monies from CFG:-

"Furthermore Manchester City agrees that revenues from the sale of assets within
their group structure will not be included in future break-even calculations."

We are the ones who have been told not to push our luck.

Hopefully the deal with Nissan will start to move us inside the "UEFA tent" given Nissan's sponsorship of the CL but as it stands
UEFA can choose to exclude whatever income it likes from the CFG. City have shown that they are unwilling/unable to fight.

The only way we will be clear of FFP is if/when it is declared illegal in the courts.

Wilf Wild 1937 said:
fbloke said:
George Hannah said:

Sadly this is not true.
It's City that have had the warning from UEFA about the allocation of monies from CFG:-

"Furthermore Manchester City agrees that revenues from the sale of assets within

Hopefully the deal with Nissan will start to move us inside the "UEFA tent" given Nissan's sponsorship of the CL but as it stands
UEFA can choose to exclude whatever income it likes from the CFG. City have shown that they are unwilling/unable to fight.

The only way we will be clear of FFP is if/when it is declared illegal in the courts.

The biggest message to UEFA and FFP is sat across the road nearing completion. The positive response of CFG's global ventures; Manchester Council's partnership deals; the development of MCFC as a massive community fixture etc, UEFA can only look at City as a beacon club. The future of elite football is structured development coexisting with revenue streams generated from sustainable football. City will be #1 and they are sh!tt!ng it.

Wilf Wild 1937 said:
fbloke said:
George Hannah said:

Sadly this is not true.

I threw my toys out of the country let alone the pram when all this broke, but the club made it clear that at the moment they are unwilling, rather than unable, to pursue the fight any further at this point in time.

It will be very interesting to see what happens when the next set of accounts are published - depending on the UEFA's response, we may then see the gloves come off.

Whatever the case maybe, City have decided to play the long game on this.

acton28 said:
Wilf Wild 1937 said:
fbloke said:

Sadly this is not true.

"Furthermore Manchester City agrees that revenues from the
sale of assets within their group structure will not be included in future break-even calculations."

Doesn't this just mean we can't include goods/services to other members of the group (e.g. IP rights etc) in our FFP calculation?

citizen_maine said:
acton28 said:
Wilf Wild 1937 said:
Sadly this is not true.

"Furthermore Manchester City agrees that revenues from the
sale of assets within their group structure will not be included in future break-even calculations."

Doesn't this just mean we can't include goods/services to other members of the group (e.g. IP rights etc) in our FFP calculation?
Yes I think that's exactly what it means. Doesn't mean we can't include them in revenue totally.

strongbowholic said:
Whatever the case maybe, City have decided to play the long game on this.

Personally I think we are waiting for the Dupont case to rule this whole fiasco illegal. I think that the club are confident that
Dupont will win, as am I. From what we know the club's gut feeling was to fight this (and probably miss this year's CL) but
pressure was put on them by our sponsors not to. I agree with acton28 that in any sane world we should be held up by UEFA
as the role model of how to revive a fallen giant in a way that not only makes the club competitive again after decades of failure
but that benefits the whole community. The problem as we all know is that UEFA is run by the G14 who have no desire to see
City, Everton, Hamburg, Valencia or whoever threaten their domination.

Prestwich_Blue said:
citizen_maine said:

Yes I think that's exactly what it means. Doesn't mean we can't include them in revenue totally.

That is specific to things like IP rights but other revenue streams such as sponsorship of the CFG were not on the table when we
drew up the last accounts. The fear is that UEFA may decide what it allows as MANCHESTER City's allocation of such monies and
what it deems to be the other CITY clubs' share.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.