City & FFP | 2020/21 Accounts released | Revenues of £569.8m, £2.4m profit (p 2395)

Re: City & FFP (continued)

ballinio said:
Bodicoteblue said:
Calm down , calm down!
Nothing's changed . We all know FFP is a contrived , bent way of trying to stop City.
M.DuPont is still going to court , supremely confident of victory.
We are still growing and expanding faster and further than anyone expected or hoped for.
Platini can bang on as much as he wants about evolving or whatever - he still cannot drive a coach and horses through the law - much as the little tinpot crook thinks that he can.
This is merely another illustration of how bent they are . We know this already!
Things have changed..they are taking our money & handing it to utd......the Champions league is now dead to me , as it should be to every City fan.
not to the rags i dont think pal...scouse..chavs...tarquins i believe.but with you all the way.
champions league is for tv now for me.

They distributing the champions league money we would of earned this campaign but if we break even don't we get it back or a percentage?

richards30 said:
Trust me when khaldhoon said take a pinch then through gritted teeth for the one summer we played the game. I guarantee that if we suffer anymore then it will be game on with these bastards! As Prestwich_Blue will confirm there have been high level talks within the club about a new competition where the money would be huge compared to the champions league current prize money. City were all set to fight the fine first time round but from understanding that for this season only it was worth not rocking the boat as Mangala, fernando, willy were all top targets anyway. Di maria and fabregas would have been signed though imo as well but any new attempts to take the piss will be met by city head on!
I hope your right,it would be good to think,we have something up our sleeve.europe is Europe, but new York Australia,japan,its global,i don't think splitting the cartel would be the most difficult operation,as any one of them will go where the money is

waspish said:
They distributing the champions league money we would of earned this campaign but if we break even don't we get it back or a percentage?
when you have worked next month fella..I will take your wallet if you dont mind.I quite like the idea of helping myself and my neighbours with soemone elses hard earned...

richards30 said:
Trust me when khaldhoon said take a pinch then through gritted teeth for the one summer we played the game. I guarantee that if we suffer anymore then it will be game on with these bastards! As Prestwich_Blue will confirm there have been high level talks within the club about a new competition where the money would be huge compared to the champions league current prize money. City were all set to fight the fine first time round but from understanding that for this season only it was worth not rocking the boat as Mangala, fernando, willy were all top targets anyway. Di maria and fabregas would have been signed though imo as well but any new attempts to take the piss will be met by city head on!

To be honest, I was on the "City know best and will win" train until we were sanctioned when the club were 99% sure they'd comply. They obviously didn't account for UEFA moving the goal posts, which shows a certain naivety.

Now, although I'm pretty sure City will comply regularly because of skyrocketing revenue, I'm not so sure that we won't be restricted which could put us behind any club with greater revenues (most of whom are in the select market for a small and elite group of players).

Best hope is FFP being overthrown, but given the corruption that exists all around the world, I'm not confident that Dupont's appeal will be successful after UEFA slip the brown envelopes/threaten families/call in a favour (remove as necessary).

Re: FFP.........Its not over yet

Skashion said:
I'm absolutely sure that money couldn't be put to better purposes, for instance, investment in grassroots facilities in the poorer nations of UEFA who are of course naturally economically disadvantaged by being in competition with richer nations.

This

squirtyflower said:
ped said:
those saying we should pull out ,its exactly what they want ,less competition (the whole point of ffp),gutted that some city fans are blanking this completely,we stuck together in far worse shit then this,lets not go without a fight,
Nah, we'll just be accused of being paranoid and the same rules are there for everyone, obviously
Paranoid loons according to our resident inbred

cookster said:
Simple solution!

1. City and PSG pull out of the cunts league.
2. City and PSG stage one off game per season for the "Channel Cup". Winner receives 200m, runner up 100m

Problem solved

Sounds far fetched but I would love it to happen.

Howw about 300m each for the draw!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.