City & FFP | 2020/21 Accounts released | Revenues of £569.8m, £2.4m profit (p 2395)

Re: City & FFP (continued)

JGL07 said:
Chippy_boy said:
fbloke said:
They used to say that the sun never set on the British Empire.

You will soon be able to say the same about the CFG.

CFG will be the first football (soccer) business to turnover £1bn p.a. and the group will, within ten years be the most valuable sports 'franchise' in the world.

FFP is irrelevant to CFG and UEFA know it.

<Goosebumps>

I can only agree. When you sit down and reflect on it, HRH Mansour and Khaldoon are not doing this to win a couple of nice trophies. Their objective is to be a dominant force - possibly THE dominant force - in world football. To create a dynasty like we've seen at Real Madrid for the past 100 years.
More like 58 years!
Yeah, since Franco got his hands on them!

Apart from Scottish independence being voted on today I see that the legendary St Andrews Golf Club members are also voting on whether they should allow women members.
I realise it is a different sport but why has this apparent anachronism been legally allowed to continue ?

Is this local rule similar in any way to the way UEFA implement FFP ? In other words can they claim that because its members voted for it then it is literally above the law ?

I am also mindful that UEFA are based in Switzerland where legal decisions made elsewhere are often deliberately not enforced.

No doubt FFP is hurting City at present. This year in the main the £ 49 million restriction on transfers and the requirement not to have a larger wage bill, not the CL restriction and not the fine (reduced if we pass next year) affect us most.

I believe we were right to loan\sell Negredo as he is injured for a few months and looks like his family wanted to return to Spain. So £ 24 million was good business and with FFP we will have to sell at times to buy.

Without FFP I think we would have got Falcao on loan, but with FFP we may need also to have sold\loaned Nastastic and Sinclair and got them off the wage bill to ensure that with Falcao we did not exceed our wage bill from last season and could not buy him outright due to the net $ 49 million restriction.

Utd with an in form Falcao and with Di Maria may challenge us.

Over the past 2 years Liverpool have lost £ 50 million each year
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/liverpool/10674861/Liverpool-announce-loss-of-nearly-50m-in-latest-annual-club-accounts.html

With the sale of Suarez they have money of course, but they have used this on several players (and their total wages must exceed the 1 of wage of Suarez) . They did earn a lot from TV and will get extra cash from CL, but interesting to see what their accounts are like should they qualify for CL or even Europa League next season.

Monaco have seen City and PSG hit and know they would have no chance of passing FFP next year if in European competition, hence the sales of Rodriguez and loan of Falcao, and there current league form.

Club accounts for next year for teams in Europe will be interesting. Arsenal have spent £ 48 million net this year

Hopefully City break even as the club suggest and all restrictions are lifted and we can make 2 good purchases (centre midfield and a wide attacker\winger to replace Toure and Navas ) for next year and with extra income from the expanded stadium (without any more ticket price rises) and maybe more sponsorship deals and CL qualification again we can push on without FFP to much of a deal in future.

SilverFox2 said:
Apart from Scottish independence being voted on today I see that the legendary St Andrews Golf Club members are also voting on whether they should allow women members.
I realise it is a different sport but why has this apparent anachronism been legally allowed to continue ?

Is this local rule similar in any way to the way UEFA implement FFP ? In other words can they claim that because its members voted for it then it is literally above the law ?

I am also mindful that UEFA are based in Switzerland where legal decisions made elsewhere are often deliberately not enforced.
Finally realising then that women aren't chattels anymore!

I tried to fill my car with petrol this morning at my local service station, but I couldn't. It's just been completely refurbished by the owners with the blessing of the Union of European Petroleum Associations (UEPA), so that it's invested a fortune in new pumps, a new shop and payment facilities so that it's far easier to use than any of it's rivals, there's no queuing and the petrol is 5p per litre cheaper. Trouble is it's had to close down because it hasn't got any petrol - UEPA won't let it spend more than last year's turnover on petrol or it's fined 60 million euros and banned forever from selling petrol if it does it again - and it's up to its spending limit now because it's so popular and has spent so much on petrol.

BluessinceHydeRoad said:
I tried to fill my car with petrol this morning at my local service station, but I couldn't. It's just been completely refurbished by the owners with the blessing of the Union of European Petroleum Associations (UEPA), so that it's invested a fortune in new pumps, a new shop and payment facilities so that it's far easier to use than any of it's rivals, there's no queuing and the petrol is 5p per litre cheaper. Trouble is it's had to close down because it hasn't got any petrol - UEPA won't let it spend more than last year's turnover on petrol or it's fined 60 million euros and banned forever from selling petrol if it does it again - and it's up to its spending limit now because it's so popular and has spent so much on petrol.
A crude analogy ;-)

gordondaviesmoustache said:
BluessinceHydeRoad said:
A crude analogy ;-)
Oil use it myself if BSHR agrees.

Prestwich_Blue said:
BluessinceHydeRoad said:
A crude analogy ;-)

It'll come back and bit you man...

Prestwich_Blue said:
BluessinceHydeRoad said:
A crude analogy ;-)

Oil agree to anyfink , mite! Nearly fell for the crude analogy and got insulting!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.