City & FFP | 2020/21 Accounts released | Revenues of £569.8m, £2.4m profit (p 2395)

Re: City & FFP (continued)

I do not believe the assumption 'All restrictions will be lifted' is correct.

We will still be subject to a spending limit that's proportional to revenue. We can't just go out and blow a whole load of money without any consideration of the limits.

Upgrading City is not going to be easy. The sort of players we'll need to be a European force will be tricky to entice to City, and will come at a price. We're going to have to be very careful we spend wisely. I'm all for spending 50m on a player if he's the right player in the right position. I'm dead against blowing 2 * 25m on 'good' (not great) players who we hope will improve us a little.

gordondaviesmoustache said:
BluessinceHydeRoad said:
I tried to fill my car with petrol this morning at my local service station, but I couldn't. It's just been completely refurbished by the owners with the blessing of the Union of European Petroleum Associations (UEPA), so that it's invested a fortune in new pumps, a new shop and payment facilities so that it's far easier to use than any of it's rivals, there's no queuing and the petrol is 5p per litre cheaper. Trouble is it's had to close down because it hasn't got any petrol - UEPA won't let it spend more than last year's turnover on petrol or it's fined 60 million euros and banned forever from selling petrol if it does it again - and it's up to its spending limit now because it's so popular and has spent so much on petrol.
A crude analogy ;-)

Thought it was quite slick myself but then I have refined tastes...

BobKowalski said:
BluessinceHydeRoad said:
I tried to fill my car with petrol this morning at my local service station, but I couldn't. It's just been completely refurbished by the owners with the blessing of the Union of European Petroleum Associations (UEPA), so that it's invested a fortune in new pumps, a new shop and payment facilities so that it's far easier to use than any of it's rivals, there's no queuing and the petrol is 5p per litre cheaper. Trouble is it's had to close down because it hasn't got any petrol - UEPA won't let it spend more than last year's turnover on petrol or it's fined 60 million euros and banned forever from selling petrol if it does it again - and it's up to its spending limit now because it's so popular and has spent so much on petrol.
A crude analogy ;-)

You should know the drill by now. I can see a warning in the pipeline. No doubt the mods with rig up some platform that allows them to act like barons, pumped up and ready to Total up any infringements from any dipsticks under pressure.

FanchesterCity said:
I do not believe the assumption 'All restrictions will be lifted' is correct.

We will still be subject to a spending limit that's proportional to revenue. We can't just go out and blow a whole load of money without any consideration of the limits.

Upgrading City is not going to be easy. The sort of players we'll need to be a European force will be tricky to entice to City, and will come at a price. We're going to have to be very careful we spend wisely. I'm all for spending 50m on a player if he's the right player in the right position. I'm dead against blowing 2 * 25m on 'good' (not great) players who we hope will improve us a little.

By All restrictions I mean those particular restrictions imposed on us for this season by Ueafa for failing FFP. After that of course we still need to break even each year not to break FFP again, and yes will need to be much better at buying players at the right price to make the team better , whether that be 1 significant signing each season or 1 or 2 more squad players to add quality cover for injuries\suspensions\loos of form etc.

City1974 said:
Over the past 2 years Liverpool have lost £ 50 million each year
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/liverpool/10674861/Liverpool-announce-loss-of-nearly-50m-in-latest-annual-club-accounts.html

When are UEFA giving Liverpool their slap on the wrist?

FanchesterCity said:
BobKowalski said:
A crude analogy ;-)

You should know the drill by now. I can see a warning in the pipeline. No doubt the mods with rig up some platform that allows them to act like barons, pumped up and ready to Total up any infringements from any dipsticks under pressure.

Boo! Hoo! Why does no-one take my posts seriously? I feel my emotions welling up.

BluessinceHydeRoad said:
FanchesterCity said:
BobKowalski said:

Boo! Hoo! Why does no-one take my posts seriously? I feel my emotions welling up.
Perhaps you should send out an Esso 'S'.

superwatsonwatson said:
So in terms of FFP, is our tank half full or half empty?
I don't know but we're getting 21 litres to the gallon instead of 25, performance isn't what it should be. You could say it's Alf empty.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.