City & FFP | 2020/21 Accounts released | Revenues of £569.8m, £2.4m profit (p 2395)

Re: City & FFP (continued)

trotsky said:
Henkeman said:
trotsky said:
http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/sport/football/clubs/liverpool/article4214782.ece

Liverpool in breach. I do hope so.

Behind the paywall, can you copy and paste?
Sorry mate - I was amazed I got a link up.
It's basically saying the dippers look like they'll be having Champs League money withheld for breaching the rules. With it being the Times, I'm hoping their facts are correct.

There is a trick with the Times where you can replace part of the URL with 'public' and it loads, but it only works 1 out of 3, and not this one.

It will be interesting to see the Liverpool fans reaction to this. Especially as quite a few of them call us cheats and some of them wanted points docked from us in the Prem(lol) for failing ffp.

trotsky said:

I want you all to know, right now, that if they get done, I'll break ribs laughing!

stony said:
It will be interesting to see the Liverpool fans reaction to this. Especially as quite a few of them call us cheats and some of them wanted points docked from us in the Prem(lol) for failing ffp.

I ran into a few before the pre season game in NYC and they brought this up and I retorted with the fact that they would also have been in breach of FFP. Their only saving grace that they weren't in the UCL the season before so got a pass. Nothing but silence followed. Just seems that the vast majority don't have a clue about FFP. Just saw it as a chance to bash us not realizing they were in the same boat.

trotsky said:
Henkeman said:
trotsky said:

Behind the paywall, can you copy and paste?
Sorry mate - I was amazed I got a link up.
It's basically saying the dippers look like they'll be having Champs League money withheld for breaching the rules. With it being the Times, I'm hoping their facts are correct.
I've been saying this for a while. They definitely would have failed this summer and, as a result, have to submit their accounts for FY2014 to UEFA shortly. They'll still fail and will have to rely on being able to offset the wages paid in 2011/12 to players in contract prior to June 2010. But you can only do that if the trend in your results is improving, whereas theirs got worse from 2012 to 2013. If UEFA apply that strictly then they're screwed.

Frank Lampard is proof positive of how FFP is already helping City, unfortunately their is now definitive evidence it's hurting the small clubs too, just ask Chelsea ! they were docked two points at the weekend ;-)
Good one Manuel, glad we got you instead of that dozy Jose.

gordondaviesmoustache said:
stony said:
Totally different, mate. They'll be failing UEFA FFP 'the right way'.
media darlings fail FFP, what a story this will be. Haha can't wait to see the headlines.. Get me the popcorn!

jrb said:
Man City manager Manuel Pellegrini blasts UEFA over £49million Financial Fair Play fine

The Blues were fined for breaking FFP regulations but Pellegrini reckons that UEFA should be punishing clubs who are in debt instead

Pellegrini last week launched a broadside over the seeding system for the Champions League after City were drawn to face Bayern Munich, Roma and CSKA Moscow.

Now he has opened fire again at UEFA’s decision to fine City £49million and limit their spending on transfers and wages as punishment for breaking FFP regulations.

Pellegrini said: “I do not understand. This is a club that does not have a debt of even £1. Clubs that do not pay debts must be punished. But City is not one of those clubs.”

Whilst I get that Manuel is justifiably supporting the City cause, punishing those with debts cannot be seen as good methodology either, because that just puts some of them further into debt.

There needs to be a system where each club somehow declares to UEFA what they are able to/intend to spend each term, once debts have been accounted for. Spend above what you declare and you will be fined for being in breach of your agreed "contract".

manyooo, as much as it riles me, are arguably the unique club in this, because they can sustain a massive debt as well as bring in much much more.

City have a bottomless pit, but no businessman should be stifled by independent powers as to how much of his/her own money they can spend.

This also then re-opens up the gates for the "wanna be's" to flash their drawers at potential buyers.

I'm probably wrong and I'll get slapped back down by the more knowledgeable amongst us

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.