City & FFP | 2020/21 Accounts released | Revenues of £569.8m, £2.4m profit (p 2395)

Re: City & FFP (continued)

I have spent some time trying to put myself in the shoes of a player turned administrator, either in an international body or, say, at a German football club, whose intention is to destroy a competitor's ability to compete. The break even rule was a masterstroke and the slogan "live within your means" brilliant in its own way, but it is probable that the ECJ seems to have realised that it's as accurate as calling the old East Germany the People's Democratic Republic and will almost certainly quash the whole set of FFP regulations. In fact it seems to have snared a fair few clubs with American owners who were our natural supporters and allies and having tried to hammer Manchester and Paris we now have to be consistent and hammer these clubs or fall even fouler of the law. It doesn't matter anyway because those Anglo-Arab-Mancunians are too bloody profitable now anyway and seem to be getting more so every day. Why the **** didn't we just have investment in training facilities banned in the first place. Those ***** have got more sponsors than anyone now as well, they're getting a bigger bloody ground with lots of boxes generating loads more revenue from "hospitality" or whatever they call it. That's supposed to be us! They'll be moaning at us that they generate all the money they spend before long!

So what are we going to do, Gott in Himmel! Sacre pink, K-H, aucune idee! We can't stop firms sponsoring them...because the firms sponsoring them sponsor us and who would they ditch if they had to choose? And now those bloody stupid reds from Stretford or Salford or wherever it is have opened the floodgates... Perhaps the best idea is to make the champions league a "by invitation only competition" and not invite them! Trouble is Real Madrid and Barcelona don't seem bothered at all, and the TV companies don't seem to like the idea of a CL without too many champions. And what mischief they'll get up to in Australia, USA, Japan and God knows where else...

Desole, K-H, I think we'd better arrange a round table and try to make peace, before they give us a pinch of their own!

sir peace frog said:
gh_mcfc said:
EalingBlue2 said:
I wouldn't worry about rule changes other than around deals with related clubs there is not much they can do on most of the rest of our deals without upsetting people.

I think most people have missed the big game out of the Middle East and just how much UEFA and indeed FIFA are being influenced. City did not have a lot of voice but their owners have spent a lot of time talking to Madrid and shortly (I think announced now) Madrids major sponsor will be an Abu Dhabi institution, city too have influence through Dubai and they have influence at arsenal and PSG. Qatar meanwhile have Paris but also have leverage over Barcelona . City now have as a major sponsor one of the major sponsors of the champions league etc etc. city are not just fighting the business battle they and PSG are getting influence at some of the biggest clubs and biggest sponsors in the game!!! They are also getting other football federations on side and investing into new areas in a formidable way. You will note clubs like Real have said very little. More deals will be coming that increase UAE influence on other clubs, more deals will come that build our links with major UCL and football sponsors and things will have changed in a way UEFA understand but most city fans let alone other fans will see.

As for FFP maybe it stopped di Maria to PSG but I am not sure it effected any of our plans we would not have paid what United did for either ADM or RF

The future is well and truly blue

Seeing it in aus today - main story after Souths 43 year triumph is Melbourne City and a certain Spanish striker!

Agree with all this. Barca, Madrid and the like care little about Man City and FFP. They all see the big picture.

FFP in Man Citys case is pushed by the Old top 4 cartel who have lost out on a Champions League spot and for some reason Bayern
Bayern imo have done it because they are far and away richer than any other german club and wanted to make sure they didn't end up with a sheik buying a rival

Hamburg have a billionaire who wants to invest in the club but can't because of the financial controls and ownership structure in place in Germany. FFP could actually ruin Bayern's fortress because if FFP goes down in the ECJ it goes down in Germany too.

They bunkered down, they plotted and manipulated. They were oblivious, arrogant and ignorant.

They didn't see it coming, they took tea, they broke bread, they tried to starve us out.

They patted themselves on the back, they slept snug in their beds at night.

They will wake very soon to a new dawn.

They will shit themselves.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
They bunkered down, they plotted and manipulated. They were oblivious, arrogant and ignorant.

They didn't see it coming, they took tea, they broke bread, they tried to starve us out.

Not to sure they don't know what's coming mate. The spending of Arse, Rags and Liverpool, Chavs have always invested heavily tells me they know exactly what's about to hit them.

We have been playing at it so far :-!

blueinsa said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

Not to sure they don't know what's coming mate. The spending of Arse, Rags and Liverpool, Chavs have always invested heavily tells me they know exactly what's about to hit them.

They don't know the half of it.

It wouldn't be good sport for City to spoil the 'money shot'.

Bert Trautmann's Parachute said:
squirtyflower said:
Bert Trautmann's Parachute said:
It's in black and white, now.
it was then too

it seems they can write it in invisible ink
They are snakes and I wouldn't be surprised if they tried something, I just don't think they have a chance in hell of getting away with it.
Part of me hopes they do, last time we reluctantly went along with it without creating to much fuss. If the goal posts moved again then I think we would go all out in public and show them for what they are.
People ard suddenly coming around to what FFP is and any changes that directly affect us will highlight kts purpose further.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
blueinsa said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

They don't know the half of it.

It wouldn't be good sport for City to spoil the 'money shot'.

This thread is about to become the new "it's quiet" ;-)

Thinking back, can you imagine how badly they shit themselves on 1st September 2008?

Fergie must have been close to having a heart attack with the whole Berbatov thing.

For FFP, there's not a lot they can do that would only affect us - the rags have a sponsored training ground and shirt, so they can't stop us having one, especially if it ends up being Nissan and is in no way related. The related thing is dodgy anyway - the rags have an American owner, so is American sponsorship related? Of course not, hence why nothing happened over Etihad.

The best bit of all this is 'when the Sheikh gets bored', we're left with a sustainable business model and a profitable club. Without FFP, we could have been his plaything and at risk of him walking. So thanks Platini, Gill, Wenger et al, you're attempts to stop us have guaranteed us to be one of Europe's elite forever.

bluesince76 said:
For FFP, there's not a lot they can do that would only affect us - the rags have a sponsored training ground and shirt, so they can't stop us having one, especially if it ends up being Nissan and is in no way related. The related thing is dodgy anyway - the rags have an American owner, so is American sponsorship related? Of course not, hence why nothing happened over Etihad.

The best bit of all this is 'when the Sheikh gets bored', we're left with a sustainable business model and a profitable club. Without FFP, we could have been his plaything and at risk of him walking. So thanks Platini, Gill, Wenger et al, you're attempts to stop us have guaranteed us to be one of Europe's elite forever.
FFP doesn't prevent that, look at Monaco or Malaga. Their owners there stopped funding, even though they still own the clubs.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.