City & FFP | 2020/21 Accounts released | Revenues of £569.8m, £2.4m profit (p 2395)

jaigurugoat said:
It seems inevitable now that we will be adjudged to have failed FFP and there will be a penalty of some sort, the only thing that is unclear is what the penalty will be. I would be interested to know at what stage the club considers that a legal challenge is necessary.

My own view is that the club should refuse to accept whatever penalty is handed down, even if it is only financial. If the club's stance is that it refuses to accept the legitimacy of FFP then it would be a sign of weakness for to take any punishment lying down.
As I've pointed out a number of times, we have failed FFP but as long as UEFA agree we're moving in the right direction and don't find any issue with the IP sales then we should not face any sanction according to Annex XI.

Even if we do, I suspect it will be a suspended punishment as I firmly believe we will meet FFP from here on in so why would UEFA punish a club that is making every effort to comply and that they can point to as a "success story"?

And in the highly unlikely event we are fined or something the owners will pay up and keep quiet because that's their way of doing things. If we know we're going to meet it in the future, what's the point of fighting a battle you don't need to?

hertsblue said:
The irony is that its UEFA's very own Champions League and the vast money earnt by competing in it that has made the top leagues a closed shop with the same teams reaping the benefits year after year and its only through investment like ours that you can join the party, hencecwhy they shut the doors to keep the cartel happy

Indeed. Arse have done fuck all for 9 years but yet have kept their status purely because 4th nowadays is bigger than a trophy.

Prestwich_Blue said:
jaigurugoat said:
It seems inevitable now that we will be adjudged to have failed FFP and there will be a penalty of some sort, the only thing that is unclear is what the penalty will be. I would be interested to know at what stage the club considers that a legal challenge is necessary.

My own view is that the club should refuse to accept whatever penalty is handed down, even if it is only financial. If the club's stance is that it refuses to accept the legitimacy of FFP then it would be a sign of weakness for to take any punishment lying down.
As I've pointed out a number of times, we have failed FFP but as long as UEFA agree we're moving in the right direction and don't find any issue with the IP sales then we should not face any sanction according to Annex XI.

Even if we do, I suspect it will be a suspended punishment as I firmly believe we will meet FFP from here on in so why would UEFA punish a club that is making every effort to comply and that they can point to as a "success story"?

And in the highly unlikely event we are fined or something the owners will pay up and keep quiet because that's their way of doing things. If we know we're going to meet it in the future, what's the point of fighting a battle you don't need to?

I hope you are right PB. You are certainly confident in our position. If we are given only a suspended punishment we will be able to hear the cries of the establishment from here which is the only reason I suspect it might be a little more severe.

Prestwich_Blue said:
jaigurugoat said:

Wouldnt that make us just as bad as the cartel of clubs who wanted this farce in the first place??

Lets get bummed so we can sit at the same table as the bullies whilst we watch and sneer at the rest of football knowing they will forever be in their place..

Im sorry but we're better than that.. lets fight FFP..not bow to it.

bluesoup said:
I think if you accept the fine, you accept FFP and it's nature.

Interesting if we do accept any fine, having made no acknowledgement of FFP.

Several problems with FFP - it is more likely to bankrupt fans than save a club from bankruptcy. It's also more likely to bankrupt smaller clubs as fans drift off to support the only clubs that stand a chance of winning anything.

The fact that only certain influential clubs that stand to benefit hugely from FFP ( and have their club's value protected as a result ) voted for FFP and not all affected clubs or all Football Associations leaves it wide open to a challenge. Sheik Mansour proved you could but a club for next go nothing and compete and gain coverage, so the big clubs look less attractive to investors.

Martin Samuels interview with Platini, where he admitted he was implementing these due to pressure from Rumenigge and the rest. Actually naming names.

David Gill being part of the compliance department! Bet they can't believe they got away with that one, though maybe that's a sucker punch from City.

All of the above would surely make it difficult to defend FFP in the current form in front of the EU. There are regulations that can be introduced that can prevent clubs over reaching or going to heavily in debt that aren't anything like as anti competitive as FFP.

The cartel could and did previously threaten to walk away from UEFA, now they are clinging to UEFA with increasing desperation.

Question is - Is there anything was as fans can do to highlight this corruption? Do we just sit there and watch it happen? As a City fan it's difficult as we are seen to just have a vested interest in FFP failing. Though we tend to understand it more as it affects us and are better informed than most fans as a result.

yeah whatever !! said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
jaigurugoat said:

Wouldnt that make us just as bad as the cartel of clubs who wanted this farce in the first place??

Lets get bummed so we can sit at the same table as the bullies whilst we watch and sneer at the rest of football knowing they will forever be in their place..

You simply do not understand our owners. Yes they would fight if FP threatened the future of their vision. But it doesn't and even if it did and they did fight, it would be by proxy, not directly.

Prestwich_Blue said:
yeah whatever !! said:
Prestwich_Blue said:

You simply do not understand our owners. Yes they would fight if FP threatened the future of their vision. But it doesn't and even if it did and they did fight, it would be by proxy, not directly.

FFP is threatening the future vision of every club not at the table...FFP will eventually kill football as we know it..

Spursy22 said:
Tim of the Oak said:
TrueBlue1705 said:
And would you have this opinion about FFP if Spurs had sh*t loads of money to spend.... NO!! - You had a big wedge for Bale but your clueless owners wasted most of it!!! Now f*ck off you c*nt!!!

Just need to make sure that chicken shop across the road from White Hart Lane stays open. Beast thing about the place!!
Jesus Christ you guys need to chill the f*ck out, I wasn't bashing you and if making fun of my team makes you feel better then fine, I was just wondering if you guys were gonna take FFP seriously that's all. We not even in competition with title contenders so telling me we suck really is a moot point.

BTW I find nothing wrong woth City having money its a way to make you guys level with the big teams. But unfair or not City got loads of money in the wrong era coz now teams like you are now slated unfairly or not. When chelsea had loads of cash injected they was no FFP or any kind of scrutiny you guys are subjected to now. But as a club you guys need to adapt.

Like, most, fans of other clubs you don't have a clue what the Manchester City "project" is all about, and in fairness even City fans didn't initially appreciate it. At the beginning it's was "what happens if he gets bored" etc now most have accepted that Sheikh Mansour isn't going to get bored. Just a little research would enlighten you to the fact that the ambition is become the biggest supporting brand in the world, with a football club in each federation, already there is New York and Melbourne with more to come. There's has been speculation as to other sports being involved as well. The investment in the infrastructure, in one of the poorest areas of the country, the new City Football Academy and stadium extension to make the Etihad the second biggest club stadium. Then there is the collar site that is on the west side of the complex with strong rumours that this will be developed into a world class visitor attraction to add income to the club making City self financing. Already our turnover is heading to the top five in football, without ripping off the fans. Whilst your owner, or Levy, talks the talk our owner more than walks the walk. So if you think that a trumped up French man is going to get it the way then your very much mistaked. Yes we take FfP serious and so does our owner we just don't acknowledge it's legitimacy

Can someone answer me this,

If FFP is to prevent clubs going "under" so to speak, what happens if say a club was going under due to poor management/business plan and the only thing that would save it was for a megga rich owner to come in. what incentive would there be?? as spending to get out of the predicament would incur the wrath of french mike and his cronies...

yeah whatever !! said:
Can someone answer me this,

If FFP is to prevent clubs going "under" so to speak, what happens if say a club was going under due to poor management/business plan and the only thing that would save it was for a megga rich owner to come in. what incentive would there be?? as spending to get out of the predicament would incur the wrath of french mike and his cronies...
Anywhere apart from the PL they'd be allowed to save the club, but not to play in europe.
As for here, there are already a few football league clubs that are refusing to comply with FFP as they quite simply can't do it and stay in business. It really doesn't help anyone in england in it's current form bar Arse and the scum.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.