City & FFP | 2020/21 Accounts released | Revenues of £569.8m, £2.4m profit (p 2395)

FFP is a restraint of trade, and IMHO illegal. I doubt Twatini wants a lawsuit from either Qatar or The Sheikh, but if he does, he'll get a BIG ONE!

It is UNFATHOMABLE that a new owner of a European business is not allowed to INVEST IN IT to make it profitable!?! The Club was on the verge of bankruptcy, was owned by a fugitive, and was taken over by an investor who not only turned the business around, but has partnered with the city and community to pour HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS OF POUNDS into one of the poorest and most destitute neighborhoods in Europe.

Yeah, that'll play well in front of an EU judge!!!

City and PSG are simply trying to get on an equal footing with the Euro 14, who had PREVIOUSLY hoped to monopolize the riches that were associated with being perennial Champions League performers. The last 16 of the CL HAD TO contain the likes of Barca, Real Madrid, Bayern, United, Arsenal,etc... and they ALL reaped the rewards! Heck, Arsenal were ecstatic getting 4th in the Prem SOLELY because it meant big money!

I would LOVE to see Twatini and the parade of clowns that is UEFA trying to prove that the CL was NOT a virtual oligopoly, run for the benefit of the biggest teams in Europe and that FFP was NOT designed to stop anyone from outside that group from growing and gate crashing the party! Even the fucking UEFA Coefficient is a fucking cheat! Why should PREVIOUS YEARS have any bearing on NEXT YEAR, unless it is to protect legacy clubs?!

And, while I'm on a roll, how will UEFA square dealing a penalty to a club with ZERO DEBT, but massive borrowing potential, while passing on teams that are essentially bankrupt, but making a small profit after paying the massive interest on their debts? Or, what about debt that us simply written off and NEVER repaid?

As was said earlier, City are on a very positive trajectory, and it us IMPOSSIBLE to envisage them receiving ANY penalty. The absolute worst I expect is some timeline for profitability that requires further improvement.

However, it would be fun to see them go after City, if it wouldn't be do destructive in the media. Seems like the ONLY backstory any lazy journo can latch on to these days is money this, money that! Face it, we were REQUIRED to induce people to come to the Athletico Madrid of Manchester, while Real gets players for cheap, just because they wanted to force their way into that club! As we have shown with new contracts at City compared to elsewhere, we do not need to do that anymore!

Wake the fuck up, Twatini!!

ChicagoBlue said:
FFP is a restraint of trade, and IMHO illegal. I doubt Twatini wants a lawsuit from either Qatar or The Sheikh, but if he does, he'll get a BIG ONE!

It is UNFATHOMABLE that a new owner of a European business is not allowed to INVEST IN IT to make it profitable!?! The Club was on the verge of bankruptcy, was owned by a fugitive, and was taken over by an investor who not only turned the business around, but has partnered with the city and community to pour HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS OF POUNDS into one of the poorest and most destitute neighborhoods in Europe.

City and PSG are simply trying to get on an equal footing with the Euro 14, who had PREVIOUSLY hoped to monopolize the riches that were associated with being perennial Champions League performers. The last 16 of the CL HAD TO contain the likes of Barca, Real Madrid, Bayern, United, Arsenal,etc... and they ALL reaped the rewards! Heck, Arsenal were ecstatic getting 4th in the Prem SOLELY because it meant big money!

I would LOVE to see Twatini and the parade of clowns that is UEFA trying to prove that the CL was NOT a virtual oligopoly, run for the benefit of the biggest teams in Europe and that FFP was NOT designed to stop anyone from outside that group from growing and gate crashing the party! Even the fucking UEFA Coefficient is a fucking cheat! Why should PREVIOUS YEARS have any bearing on NEXT YEAR, unless it is to protect legacy clubs?!

And, while I'm on a roll, how will UEFA square dealing a penalty to a club with ZERO DEBT, but massive borrowing potential, while passing on teams that are essentially bankrupt, but making a small profit after paying the massive interest on their debts? Or, what about debt that us simply written off and NEVER repaid?

As was said earlier, City are on a very positive trajectory, and it us IMPOSSIBLE to envisage them receiving ANY penalty. The absolute worst I expect is some timeline for profitability that requires further improvement.

However, it would be fun to see them go after City, if it wouldn't be do destructive in the media. Seems like the ONLY backstory any lazy journo can latch on to these days is money this, money that! Face it, we were REQUIRED to induce people to come to the Athletico Madrid of Manchester, while Real gets players for cheap, just because they wanted to force their way into that club! As we have shown with new contracts at City compared to elsewhere, we do not need to do that anymore!

Very well said indeed Chicago.

The thought of UEFA being so foolish as to going after City makes me chuckle as I very much doubt that Sheik Mansour will be reliant upon legal aide to fight our corner. Some of the best legal and forensic financial minds in the world will be (no doubt already are) employed to drive a big fucking bus through UEFA's corrupt plan.

ChicagoBlue said:

I like you...bravo sir

What I don't under stand is why we dont just buy cheap replacements for Richards and Rodwell, seriously for the time they are on the pitch and the contributions made we could sign up players from the championship and the only difference we would see would be a saving in wages. Even better give there spots to youth team players.

Spursy22 said:
Tim of the Oak said:
TrueBlue1705 said:
And would you have this opinion about FFP if Spurs had sh*t loads of money to spend.... NO!! - You had a big wedge for Bale but your clueless owners wasted most of it!!! Now f*ck off you c*nt!!!

Just need to make sure that chicken shop across the road from White Hart Lane stays open. Beast thing about the place!!
Jesus Christ you guys need to chill the f*ck out, I wasn't bashing you and if making fun of my team makes you feel better then fine, I was just wondering if you guys were gonna take FFP seriously that's all. We not even in competition with title contenders so telling me we suck really is a moot point.

BTW I find nothing wrong woth City having money its a way to make you guys level with the big teams. But unfair or not City got loads of money in the wrong era coz now teams like you are now slated unfairly or not. When chelsea had loads of cash injected they was no FFP or any kind of scrutiny you guys are subjected to now. But as a club you guys need to adapt.

Tbh mate, no we will never take it seriously as it is a dog's dinner of unimaginable bollocks. It is not fit for purpose and protects the very people that do ruin the game. The Glazier's at the swamp, bayern, juventus, uefalona and real madrd.

We got in at the right time, it is your club or any other that is fucked. Joe Lewis cannot inject cash nor can anyone else if he decided to sell. Why buy Everton or Villa? They make no money, you cannot put money to build the squad. It has now become a waste of time. Btw the way, if one of those clubs decided to buy one of your better players, it would be considered wise to sell him as you can grow your club organically and invest in other players. That is of course if one of them hasn't already bought them.

You know growing things organically stinks of bullshit?

Welcome to Twatini's world.

The irony is that its UEFA's very own Champions League and the vast money earnt by competing in it that has made the top leagues a closed shop with the same teams reaping the benefits year after year and its only through investment like ours that you can join the party, hencecwhy they shut the doors to keep the cartel happy

Spursy22 said:
Jesus Christ you guys need to chill the f*ck out, I wasn't bashing you and if making fun of my team makes you feel better then fine, I was just wondering if you guys were gonna take FFP seriously that's all. We not even in competition with title contenders so telling me we suck really is a moot point.

Of course we are taking FFP seriously. You seem to think we are just throwing money around without a second thought, it really is nothing of the sort.

As for the comparison with Chelsea, they have spent more than us on new players, and have made a very similar loss. Our losses are improving, theres worsened by close to £50m last year.<br /><br />-- Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:37 am --<br /><br />
hertsblue said:
The irony is that its UEFA's very own Champions League and the vast money earnt by competing in it that has made the top leagues a closed shop with the same teams reaping the benefits year after year and its only through investment like ours that you can join the party, hencecwhy they shut the doors to keep the cartel happy

I wonder how these clubs that go on about fairness would respond if it was suggested that you play in the champions league for the honour of it, but the funds are spread across all teams whether they are in the comp or not.

I suspect a few would change their tune.

hertsblue said:
This^^^^ tried telling my manure but he is convinced that it's set up to save clubs from bankruptcy!fool ........

It seems inevitable now that we will be adjudged to have failed FFP and there will be a penalty of some sort, the only thing that is unclear is what the penalty will be. I would be interested to know at what stage the club considers that a legal challenge is necessary.

My own view is that the club should refuse to accept whatever penalty is handed down, even if it is only financial. If the club's stance is that it refuses to accept the legitimacy of FFP then it would be a sign of weakness for to take any punishment lying down.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.