City & FFP | 2020/21 Accounts released | Revenues of £569.8m, £2.4m profit (p 2395)

cookster said:
laserblue said:
cookster said:
No different to a normal company. Some talented people, some people stealing a living.

Trust me, in a 'normal' company it wouldn't be tolerated for a 2nd rate employee to be pulling in the opposition to a major player in the organisation.

As a manager in a multi-billion dollar company I can tell you it is common place.
In that case you're definitely getting the beers in!

Der Bomber said:
What encourages me about this Samuel article is that it reflects a growing realisation filtering out into the public at large as to what this FFP nonsense is really about.

I had a long back and forth on some Canadian website about a year ago with a guy who absolutely bought the Twatini party line about this crap being about protecting the little fish from the big, so to speak. Rather than what it truly is, which is obviously the entirely opposite thing.

What frustrated me then was that no one else involved in the debate seemed to see it that way. Now, as the (un)intended consequences of this foolishness hurt exactly the clubs who were tricked/bullied into supporting this, I think the already shaky foundations of this despicable bit of idiocy get even more so.

Danny Mills wrote a similar anti FFP article in the Yorkshire Evening Post last week so maybe all the village idiots are waking up!!

laserblue said:
cookster said:
laserblue said:
Trust me, in a 'normal' company it wouldn't be tolerated for a 2nd rate employee to be pulling in the opposition to a major player in the organisation.

As a manager in a multi-billion dollar company I can tell you it is common place.

As a former director (retired) in a multi billion dollar company I can tell you any competent manager or director would fuck off anyone who pulled in the opposite direction to a valued colleague on their watch. I should know because I've fucked a few of them off in my time and the company was better off for it.

You must have been retired a long time ago if you think all employees pull together (many need pushing). Even the David Brent school of management would recognise that employees have different values, motivation and personalities...... unless you work for a company in North Korea?

You can't sack everyone who disagrees with you and say "the company is better off for it".

BlueAnorak said:
If Villa are taken over and want to spend will they be able to?
Actually no. They're fucked.
Which only makes Villa a less than viable investment for a potential new owner. Lerner will find it hard to sell at his asking price, and any new owner will engage in an asset stripping policy to make his money. It will do Villa no good at all, it might even ruin them, but this is a price that comes with FFP and club owners wherever they may be will face equal pressures. Only the established few money machines such as the rags or the gooners will survive relatively unscathed, but the fools who went along with them and voted for FFP just to remain a part of the club have created a monster that could engulf them, and that's their problem. Tough shit.

gordondaviesmoustache said:
cookster said:
laserblue said:

In that case you're definitely getting the beers in!

Pint of Zinfandel it is then ;)

Damocles said:
But FIFA and UEFA are different organisations?

Yes but not everyone understands that it was FIFA that carried out one punishment and UEFA that are responsible for FFP.

Different organisations different punishments. Transfer embargo FIFA yes UEFA no.

How many votes did the PL FFp pass by? Don't remember if Villa voted for or against. But if the sell and the clubs that are promoted aren't too keen on FFP can they try and overturn it? If you can vote it in you can surely vote it out no?

Mr. Aguia said:
How many votes did the PL FFp pass by? Don't remember if Villa voted for or against. But if the sell and the clubs that are promoted aren't too keen on FFP can they try and overturn it? If you can vote it in you can surely vote it out no?

Reading abstained. How strange!

That's right, Reading didn't vote eitherway.

What the f*** is that all about?

And they won't play in the PL again for God knows how long.

Another Gill, United, Arsenal, stitch up!

The PL FFP is different from the UEFA FFP as they are ran by different organisations and have different rules

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.