City & FFP | 2020/21 Accounts released | Revenues of £569.8m, £2.4m profit (p 2395)

stony said:
richards30 said:
Hmmm.....pixie Scott has a certain whiff.......

stinks to high heaven.

Err, ok. Not sure what I did wrong except discuss in civil manner but that's not welcome?

SWP's back said:
Mansour owns City. Not the UAE government.

Sheikh Mansour is a member of the government. The government is a dynastic rule by the Al Nahyan Family. You think he funds City from his personal savings jar? ADUG just like Etihad are proxy vehicles by the government to create exposure,brand awareness,positive image overseas for Abu Dhabi ( and UAE )and also serve as alternative investment/income sources to lower reliance on oil. All are funded by the government's wealth or the Al Nahyan royal family's wealth because it is one and the same. Maybe the clue is in the name - Abu Dhabi United Group for Development and Investment. Also realise that ADUG is investing in Manchester. What purpose would that serve Sheikh Mansour if his investment in City is in a private capacity only. Obviously he is doing to build goodwill around Abu Dhabi for the nature of investment across is part of the government policy.

EDIT: Either way it's a shame that football is reduced to a swinging contest of who has the most generous sponsor. :/

PixieScott said:
stony said:
richards30 said:

stinks to high heaven.

Err, ok. Not sure what I did wrong except discuss in civil manner but that's not welcome?

SWP's back said:

Sheikh Mansour is a member of the government. The government is a dynastic rule by the Al Nahyan Family. You think he funds City from his personal savings jar? ADUG just like Etihad are proxy vehicles by the government to create exposure,brand awareness,positive image overseas for Abu Dhabi ( and UAE )and also serve as alternative investment/income sources to lower reliance on oil. All are funded by the government's wealth or the Al Nahyan royal family's wealth because it is one and the same. Maybe the clue is in the name - Abu Dhabi United Group for Development and Investment. Also realise that ADUG is investing in Manchester. What purpose would that serve Sheikh Mansour if his investment in City is in a private capacity only. Obviously he is doing to build goodwill around Abu Dhabi for the nature of investment across is part of the government policy.

EDIT: Either way it's a shame that football is reduced to a swinging contest of who has the most generous sponsor. :/
I think the bottom line here is that Etihad got a sweetheart deal because they're connected to Sheikh Mansour, and that they would have had to pay significantly more to get the same exposure at another top club.

PixieScott said:
stony said:
richards30 said:

stinks to high heaven.

SWP's back said:

And your team is?

richards30 said:
PixieScott said:
stony said:
stinks to high heaven.

SWP's back said:

And your team is?

This is a long shot obviously, but I'm thinking of a club that doesn't have an official toothbrush sponsor and never spends a bean, cos all its players were recruited direct from orphanages located within a 2 mile radius of the ground, and who all play for free. Am I close?

CaliforniaBlue said:
PixieScott said:
stony said:
stinks to high heaven.

SWP's back said:

I think the bottom line here is that Etihad got a sweetheart deal because they're connected to Sheikh Mansour, and that they would have had to pay significantly more to get the same exposure at another top club.

+1

This is a long shot obviously, but I'm thinking of a club that doesn't have an official toothbrush sponsor and never spends a bean, cos all its players were recruited direct from orphanages located within a 2 mile radius of the ground, and who all play for free. Am I close?

Haha, not quite. Chelsea is as guilty. However I didn't have an issue with either local players or noodle sponsors. It was purely a discussion over Etihad's involvement in sponsorship.

SWP's back said:
BlueAnorak said:
richards30 said:
Surely the etihad deal will be negotiated again this summer and the shirt deal with nike fucking needs to be at least £25-30m a season higher!

I am pretty sure we are waiting for UEFA's evaluation of our FFP position,1 year on, before announcing a whole raft of sponsorship deals. This could be dangerous however as UEFA will do everything possible to shaft us. Indeed, I fully expect that we will have to go to court this summer - it will not be a "pinch".
Why? UEFA have already classed the Etihad deal as non related.

I don't think you could be further from the truth.

A pit of snakes cannot be trusted. Ever.
They will always try and strike and enforce restrictions on us.
Only by being vigilant and having a regiment of mongeese and a squadron of secretary birds protecting MCFC will we defeat them.

PixieScott said:
Haha, not quite. Chelsea is as guilty. However I didn't have an issue with either local players or noodle sponsors. It was purely a discussion over Etihad's involvement in sponsorship.

Etihad is a sponsor for the teams under the same ownership. So NYCFC, Melbourne City, etc. It could be something as simple as commonality and assurances in how business will be run. However Etihad also sponsors the England Cricket team, Mumbai Cricket, and is the official airline of MLS even though they operate in very few MLS cities.

Facts are that with current valuations, Etihad is getting a bargain with City. Named sponsor, stadium, etc all for less money than the other big clubs are getting for just one item.

With FFP considerations, something will have to change to continue to drive up revenue and stay ahead of FFP and the crooks at UEFA. Doing a team refresh is not going to be cheap, but is pretty much mandatory to stay in the top 4.

I'm with everybody else that believes that the problem with the economics of the sport isn't revenue, it is debt. But focusing on debt would squarely put the cross-hairs on the Rags, Madrid, etc.

PixieScott said:
stony said:
richards30 said:

stinks to high heaven.

SWP's back said:

There is nothing new in what AD is doing, Saudi Arabia via the Bin Laden family invested much of its oil revenue via its connection with the Bush family into real estate and manufacturing within the USA. Thats what oil states do they invest.

Sheik Mansour is no different he invests via ADUG his investment arm, this is no secret it is something we in east manchester are glad to have having been neglected and left derelict for many years..

Thats where our investment money comes from and as you agree the investment does not contravene FFP's skewed rules perhaps you want to make a point about AD rather than it being a general football topic ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.